Author Topic: What's your relationship with alcohol?  (Read 5351 times)

Boycey

• View Profile
Re: What's your relationship with alcohol?
« Reply #105 on: October 17, 2018, 11:23:34 PM »
Always had a healthy life, ran swam and cycled regularly.
Laughed and reached out to all my friends who had the need emotionally(was basically the go to guy!)..however in recent times it's all gone Pete Tong.
My wife is having some personal issues and my eldest child is causing some serious problems.
So to relate to the thread in question I've started drinking fairly regularly at home to escape all this shit which is crumbling me very slowly indeed. I'm far from happy in my life. That's a shit thing to say as any outsider who looks in would probably say I have it all. I'm sorry for ranting a bit but it's just how I feel. I don't recognise myself anymore and I'm scared

Bar the healthy bit my experience is the mirror opposite of you, my other half has had medical issues and our lad has had major issues over the last few years with school, add to that an unhealthy work environment for myself has pushed me away from drink rather than towards it, I'd say I'm afraid to drink. I find it only takes the annoyances away for so long and brings them back in the morning twice as bad...

If your scared you need to talk to someone.

whitey

• View Profile
Re: What's your relationship with alcohol?
« Reply #106 on: October 17, 2018, 11:24:44 PM »
Always had a healthy life, ran swam and cycled regularly.
Laughed and reached out to all my friends who had the need emotionally(was basically the go to guy!)..however in recent times it's all gone Pete Tong.
My wife is having some personal issues and my eldest child is causing some serious problems.
So to relate to the thread in question I've started drinking fairly regularly at home to escape all this shit which is crumbling me very slowly indeed. I'm far from happy in my life. That's a shit thing to say as any outsider who looks in would probably say I have it all. I'm sorry for ranting a bit but it's just how I feel. I don't recognise myself anymore and I'm scared

Get every drop of alcohol in the house and pour it down the sink....tonight (and dont let another drop inside the door).

Reach out to a friend, a priest or someone who can get you to an AA meeting TOMORROW

As bad as things are, it can and will get a heck of a lot worse if you dont seek help