London

Started by Milltown Row2, October 26, 2015, 06:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harold Disgracey

I stayed in the Premier Inn at Earls Court with the family a couple of years ago, very handy to the tube station and also within walking distance of the Natural History Museum (an absolute must see), Science Museum V&A etc.

armaghniac

Many good things mentioned here, I'd second the War Museum and the boat to Greenwich.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

omaghjoe

Love London: Museums, Galleries, Architecture, Nightlife, food, diversity, endless things to do, my personal favourite was popping into random old churches.

Hate London: smell in the tube, crowds, impersonal feeling of the place.

All things mentioned here are great but I would like to add.... Brick Lane for a cheap and fantastic curry!

Hardy

Great guide, wobbler.

A couple of additional suggestions:

Hamley's in Regent Street for the kids - one of the world's great toy shops. I hate shopping and everything about consumerism and its cathedrals, but, for better or worse, the kids will love this.

The Tower of London. I've never been there, for reasons I can't understand, but it's top of the list for my next visit. It was at the centre of 1,000 years of history (and a lifetime of historical novels).

5 Sams

Quote from: Hardy on October 28, 2015, 09:07:26 AM
Great guide, wobbler.

A couple of additional suggestions:

Hamley's in Regent Street for the kids - one of the world's great toy shops. I hate shopping and everything about consumerism and its cathedrals, but, for better or worse, the kids will love this.

The Tower of London. I've never been there, for reasons I can't understand, but it's top of the list for my next visit. It was at the centre of 1,000 years of history (and a lifetime of historical novels).

That's the one thing that strikes you about London, the history. It's all around. Like it or not you cant but be impressed with the imperialistic feel and grandeur of the place.
The Aristocrat Years

Keyser soze

Yeah Tower of London was best bit for me, great tour.