Portrush gets the Open

Started by stew, October 21, 2015, 12:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Boycey on July 18, 2019, 10:16:16 PM
Just back in the door having left at 6AM this morn, wrecked but happy. Anyone going over the weekend the left hand side of the stand behind the 11th green is a brilliant spot for watching. You have views of 2 fairways and greens and the 12th teebox

Just back too. Phenomenal day. The infrastructure and organisation is incredible!

Boycey maybe we are taking of the same place.

Stand 13 left is brilliant. Watched thern putting at 13 and 17. If you strain you can see them putting at 12 and driving at 14 too. Sit on the right of that stand and you catch them at the dog leg at 18.

Great day
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

omochain

Does this mean Offaly are still in the Championship.... Come on Shane. Go on ye boy ya.

tyroneman

Is it easiest getting a bus from Coleraine to Portrush (and is the golf club far from the station when you arrive in Portrush?)

tyroneman

Also - is there a 'safe' pub to watch the GAA in up there?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: tyroneman on July 19, 2019, 08:45:59 AM
Is it easiest getting a bus from Coleraine to Portrush (and is the golf club far from the station when you arrive in Portrush?)

Park and rides run from 5 or 6 places in Coleraine. They have them really well organised. Drops you close to course coming in and coming out there are loads of volunteers directing you to your bus again.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

oakleaf93

Quote from: tyroneman on July 19, 2019, 09:08:31 AM
Also - is there a 'safe' pub to watch the GAA in up there?
Not sure where in Portrush will show it with the golf on. Portstewart possibly best option

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 18, 2019, 01:33:55 PM
Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on July 18, 2019, 12:33:27 PM
Quote from: trailer on July 18, 2019, 11:51:17 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 18, 2019, 11:26:04 AM
Quote from: Orior on July 18, 2019, 11:07:07 AM
How did he take an 8 at the first?

1st shot went out of bounds and then missed a 6foot putt.

Practice round yesterday did the same thing. His goose is probably cooked unless he can get something going pretty quick and even then I doubt it'll be enough.

Apparently he was in the same situation at Birkdale a couple of years ago and finished around the top of the leaderboard, though it will be tough for him to win it now no doubt.
Interesting question on five live:
Name the 11 NI/ROI golfers who have represented Europe in Ryder Cup, since European involvement in 1979. Surprised myself by getting 10 of the 11.

Disappointed with your partitionist acceptance there BBB....we would have known what you meant if you had just said Irish...Project NI in full swing ;)

Snowflake
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

toby47

What score do you reckon Woode/McIlroy will need to get to, to make the cut?

balladmaker

Quote from: toby47 on July 19, 2019, 11:57:51 AM

Presently sitting around +2, gonna be a struggle for both of them.  Anyone heading Sat/Sun will be disappointed especially if Tiger is not on view.

square_ball

Quote from: balladmaker on July 19, 2019, 12:02:41 PM

Presently sitting around +2, gonna be a struggle for both of them.  Anyone heading Sat/Sun will be disappointed especially if Tiger is not on view.

And they've the worst of the weather to come this afternoon particularly McIlroy.

I'd love to see Fleetwood winning it. 

tyroneman

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 19, 2019, 09:12:44 AM
Quote from: tyroneman on July 19, 2019, 08:45:59 AM

Park and rides run from 5 or 6 places in Coleraine. They have them really well organised. Drops you close to course coming in and coming out there are loads of volunteers directing you to your bus again.

Where are the P&Rs? Is there a map for them (as someone who has no clue about Coleraine)

Aaron Boone

Quote from: square_ball on July 19, 2019, 12:43:48 PM

And they've the worst of the weather to come this afternoon particularly McIlroy.

I'd love to see Fleetwood winning it.
Fleetwood and Mc would be the top draws for the fans.

Tony Baloney

I'm going on Sat and initially thought it would be pish if they're not there but now I'm thinking if they are playing shite I'm not missing much. You want to see them when they're ripping it up.

omagh_gael

shark