2016 Championship draw......A & B Qualifers

Started by tippabu, October 19, 2015, 03:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemamas

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 14, 2016, 02:28:24 PM
That was me, and it was an error. They categorised a whole bunch of fixtures as A side, and then referred to the winners of those fixtures as being in the B side.

Look at all the trouble and lower productivity you are responsible for  :)

westbound

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 14, 2016, 02:28:24 PM
That was me, and it was an error. They categorised a whole bunch of fixtures as A side, and then referred to the winners of those fixtures as being in the B side.

Fair enough. As I said, I couldn't remember what the issue was with last years A V B split

Aristo 60

How are the Longford lads feeling about meeting the Mighty Down Men?

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: Aristo 60 on June 14, 2016, 02:55:12 PM

Shur, tis grand.

A trip to a nice part of the world - we've crossed swords a few times with Down having the edge.
Not sure if Down have lost any since the Ulster defeat - haven't heard of any defections from the Longford panel.

All to play for - but, unlike the last time we met, the winners are unlikely to be in the All Ireland final  :-\

A close win for Longford on the cards.....

cornetto

The details of both draws are as follows:

Football Draw 

Football - Round 2A

Four games will take place on the weekend of July 2nd and 3rd.  This draw involves the four winners from Round 1A (Leitrim/Waterford, Laois/Armagh, Derry/Louth, Carlow/Wicklow) against the defeated "A" side Provincial semi-finalists (Meath/Dublin, Cavan/Tyrone, Clare and Sligo).

A separate draw will be made for home advantage and where two teams have met previously in this year's provincial championship the winner of the provincial game shall have home advantage.

Hurling Draw

Round 1 (knockout)

These games will take place on the weekend of July 2nd and 3rd.

Leinster Teams - Laois, Dublin, Westmeath, Wexford and the losers of Offaly/Galway

Munster Teams - Clare, Cork and the losers of Limerick/Tipperary

Teams are drawn from two bowls which shall be as follows:

1. Four Leinster Championship Teams

2. Three Munster plus one Leinster Championship team. 

(The Leinster Championship team to be included in the Munster group must be one of the two teams that qualified for the Leinster quarter-finals through the provincial qualifier group.  This will be either Offaly or Westmeath but will definitely be Westmeath if Offaly defeat Galway on Sunday to qualify for the Leinster final. If Offaly lose, a draw will be made to determine whether they or Westmeath are included with the Munster teams).

oakleaflad

Smurfy123

Can someone tell me what the teams are in the a and b side of the next draw
What beaten semi finalists are in this weeks pot and who are in next weeks???

macdanger2

What's the craic with these qualifiers? It's been a while but I don't remember liking them too much

skeog

getting tastier now a few aristocrats are in unchartered waters

Smurfy123

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 14, 2016, 03:20:23 PM
Quote from: Aristo 60 on June 14, 2016, 02:55:12 PM

Shur, tis grand.

A trip to a nice part of the world - we've crossed swords a few times with Down having the edge.
Not sure if Down have lost any since the Ulster defeat - haven't heard of any defections from the Longford panel.

All to play for - but, unlike the last time we met, the winners are unlikely to be in the All Ireland final  :-\

A close win for Longford on the cards.....

Last time Mayo didn't win Connacht, Cork went out in the Munster semis and Down played Longford in Newry, we went all the way to the final....

The difference with that year was that we got promoted to Divion 1 (not relegated), won a game in Ulster first, and Cork lost to Kerry (not Tipp).

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Tyrone Cavan replay 3rd July???
That'll feck up the A side of things.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM