Humble Bernard Brogan

Started by Angus, October 09, 2015, 08:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamus

Quote from: Beffs on October 10, 2015, 07:56:23 PM
This is a GAA forum, is it not? BB is nominated for Player of The Year. Why is it strange to be discussing whether or not he will win the award, or just the player in general?

Agree 100% about the Kerry thing. If he was from Kerry, the likes of Spillane & Daragh O'Se etc would never shut up about him.

So Declan O'Sullivan and Gooch are great footballers because Spillane and Darragh O'Se says so, what a load of rubbish along with this Kerry thing.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

Beffs

No, because so many former Kerry players have media gigs, they get to control the agenda of what gets talked about, which in turn shapes peoples opinions on things. Which means that their own players get elevated to the levels of sainthood, that no other counties players ever will, no matter how good they are.

There are Kerry men with on both the live Sunday Game broadcasts and the evening high light show. And for the non RTE games, we have Daragh popping up on TV3, Setanta and Sky. Dara O'Cinneide hosts Seo Sport. Both Daragh & Marc have columns in the two most widely read news papers in the country. Need I go on? It's hardly rocket science.

Syferus

Quote from: Beffs on October 10, 2015, 11:17:12 PM
No, because so many former Kerry players have media gigs, they get to control the agenda of what gets talked about, which in turn shapes peoples opinions on things. Which means that their own players get elevated to the levels of sainthood, that no other counties players ever will, no matter how good they are.

There are Kerry men with on both the live Sunday Game broadcasts and the evening high light show. And for the non RTE games, we have Daragh popping up on TV3, Setanta and Sky. Dara O'Cinneide hosts Seo Sport. Both Daragh & Marc have columns in the two most widely read news papers in the country. Need I go on? It's hardly rocket science.

The media is awash with Dubs too ffs. If you were talking about players from amost any of the other 30 you may have had a point but this is the pot calling the Sligo jersey black.

AZOffaly

For me Bernard Brogan is one of the jewels of our games. Never shite  talking, no dirty belts, beautiful kicking style, well spoken. A great role model for young players.

maigheo

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 11, 2015, 02:14:56 PM
For me Bernard Brogan is one of the jewels of our games. Never shite  talking, no dirty belts, beautiful kicking style, well spoken. A great role model for young players.
+ 1

Gold

+2

Quality quality footballer. Mind seeing him kicking about ten points v k cokes in parnell park about 6 years ago in Dublin championship

Top top class
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Highlander3

+3

He is a natural scoring forward, something that dublin teams usually lack

Great footballer

LilySavage

Aaron Boone

+1

Brilliant in the Supervalu ads too.

Syferus

50fiftyball

+6

He has many leather bound books and his apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Croí na hÉireann

+7 The white boots this year really accentuated his beautiful kicking style.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

rosnarun

If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

INDIANA

Quote from: rosnarun on October 13, 2015, 10:19:09 AM
+6 hes not as good as alan

agreed he isn't.

Alan is still the best.

LeoMc

He is a quality player and he does not have a reputation for theatrics.

Some put it down to his Kerry blood. If we could get him a flat in Dungannon would he transfer (purely for the hurling of course).