Search for New Mayo Manager

Started by IolarCoisCuain, September 28, 2015, 11:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maigheo

Quote from: Rossfan on December 24, 2016, 05:07:18 PM
Well done Bomber.
Now where the Hell has Syfīn got to ;D.
Do not forget about Indiana.We need 3 wise men to comment on all things Mayo GAA

Rossfan

Quote from: maigheo on December 24, 2016, 05:22:30 PM
Well done Bomber.
Do not forget about Indiana.We need 3 wise men to comment on all things Mayo GAA
:D
Wise?????
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

INDIANA

Quote from: maigheo on December 24, 2016, 05:22:30 PM
Well done Bomber.

You only really need me in fairness but I'm happy to share the fame just for pure optics

Syferus

Well done Bomber.

I thought that was Liam Mc a getting a dig in at the divas until I clicked through. Pity.

weareros

Quote from: Syferus on December 24, 2016, 06:59:30 PM
Well done Bomber.

I thought that was Liam Mc a getting a dig in at the divas until I clicked through. Pity.

Sure he's enough to do criticising our players on podcasts... but might be only a matter of time, given the same players objected to him.

mayo.mick

mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Syferus

Quote from: weareros on December 24, 2016, 07:32:23 PM
Quote from: Syferus on December 24, 2016, 06:59:30 PM
Well done Bomber.

Sure he's enough to do criticising our players on podcasts... but might be only a matter of time, given the same players objected to him.

In fairness McHale never comes across as malicious, that Mayo players came out against him because of relatively benign criticism is another reason no one is buying the Mayo players being blameless in all this. Sensitive souls..

Il Bomber Destro

Is there any Mayo poster here who will acknowledge the O'Sheas were out of order questioning and lobbying the management team on team selections?

heffo

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 24, 2016, 04:20:37 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on December 23, 2016, 11:30:33 AM
Questions for the pro-H&C brigade? (And anyone else for that matter!)

Do you believe H&C were originally appointed by a correct procedure?
Do you believe they were the proper (or best available) people for the job in hand?
Why didn't H&C deal aggressively with players named in the interview for not toeing the line?
Do you think that players who feel a Management regime that is not good enough should sit on their hands?
What do you believe this interview was for?

1. I don't know the ins and outs but the fact that there were close links to the county board would raise suspicion.
2. What other candidates were there, their track record was decent and as far as in house appointments go was there any other genuine alternatives? There is a story floating about players not wanting McStay (due to McHale). McStay doesn't seem to be going too well at Roscommon either.
3. They made mistakes, I don't think anyone will disagree with that but managers should ultimately be judged on results and to lesser extent performances.
4. I feel player should not be undertaking heaves against a management, demanding they be removed without any room for negotiation and threatening to go on strike if their demands aren't met.
5. The interview was to give their side of the story, quite clearly they were the victims here between what seems to be a disgruntled faction of preening players and some dubious politics at county board level. I thought they handled the situation with great dignity, they could easily have dug their heels in like what happened in Cork a few years back. There seems to be a backlash against them because they called out a number of players - tough shit, if they're prepared to go to the levels they did they should expect some stern criticism - it seems to be lacking within the county though.

Now, they are questions from one side. I haven't seen you tackle the O'Sheas and their role in this with the tough questions.

Agree

Syferus

blast05

When I was in primary school in the 80's, we had a tough headmaster like most schools of the time and the same headmaster was pretty much hopeless at actual teaching..... but rule was kept by the ruler. Things changed from the 90's with a more encouraging, positive, respect-rather-than-fear approach from the head teacher and indeed all teachers.

The Mayo players were used to the more modern approach from their owns school days and from James Horans approach.
Pat Holmes though - God bless him - was more the tough headmaster...... loyal to the church (county board), tough on the pupils and hopeless when the (few and far between) enlightened folk of the time challenged his authority or his teaching ability.

We can read about a thousand rumours and half truths that attempt to explain why the players wanted them gone or why H&C were hard done by ....... but thats all just noise and the source of all issues come from the management style and ability. Wrong men were appointed. CB fcuked up.

Rochie is the man, Mayo for Sam, Happy Christmas!

Rossfan

100 pages.
Hallelujah!
I'm off for a Christmas pint or 3.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: blast05 on December 24, 2016, 09:24:20 PM
When I was in primary school in the 80's, we had a tough headmaster like most schools of the time and the same headmaster was pretty much hopeless at actual teaching..... but rule was kept by the ruler. Things changed from the 90's with a more encouraging, positive, respect-rather-than-fear approach from the head teacher and indeed all teachers.

The Mayo players were used to the more modern approach from their owns school days and from James Horans approach.
Pat Holmes though - God bless him - was more the tough headmaster...... loyal to the church (county board), tough on the pupils and hopeless when the (few and far between) enlightened folk of the time challenged his authority or his teaching ability.

We can read about a thousand rumours and half truths that attempt to explain why the players wanted them gone or why H&C were hard done by ....... but thats all just noise and the source of all issues come from the management style and ability. Wrong men were appointed. CB fcuked up.

Management teams should be judged by the results and performances of their teams, nothing else.

manfromdelmonte

Every coach has a different style and manner

Different players respond differently to the various styles

Same in any sport

INDIANA

Not one poster from Mayo has addressed the issues.

A county in denial.

On and off the field