Search for New Mayo Manager

Started by IolarCoisCuain, September 28, 2015, 11:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Dubhaltach on December 19, 2016, 08:36:21 PM
Quote from: muppet on December 19, 2016, 08:29:39 PM
Do you have 'closer than normal' relationship with everyone you sat beside at a match?

Have you any other examples of a manager sitting beside a key player when analysing the opposition at a big inter-county championship match?

The burden of proof is on you to back up your ludicrous claims.
MWWSI 2017

Buttofthehill

Quote from: Lar Naparka on December 20, 2016, 01:34:35 AM
Quote from: Beffs on December 20, 2016, 12:57:33 AM
Quote from: Syferus on December 20, 2016, 12:31:18 AM
If people in Mayo blacklist the Indo because of running an interview it will be even more ridiculous than Mickey shunning RTE because of a radio skit. This wasn't the Sun shaming the dead from Hillsborough. It hardly even reads particularly sensationally. The paper did absolutely no wrong in all this. It's the players, the CB and the two lads in that order that are to blame for what happened last year.

The behaviour of a bunch of prima donnas in Mayo do not warrant being mentioned in the same sentence as a father mourning the loss of his murdered daughter. Not on this planet, or on any other.
I don't know how you can read this into what Syferus has had to say but, anyway, there's nowt so queer as folks.
Isn't it even queerer that all the criticism of the players is coming from posters who know sweet FA what's really happened and not a single regular Mayo fan has come out to support H&C?
Talk about hubris!
I'd lay good money on either Breheny or Sweeney winning a donkey derby if a jockey could be found who was willing to ride them and yet normally well-balanced posters are lining up to take pot shots at the players.
I dunno, there's nowt so queer as....oh wait I said that already. ;D
Ah Jaysus put us out of our misery :)

Avondhu star

Im sure that the Indo wont be a bit worried about being blacklisted in Mayo. These type of actions usually last about a week. The soap opera that is the Mayo bottlers group will continue to entertain.
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Tubberman

Quote from: Syferus on December 20, 2016, 01:55:09 AM
If people in Mayo blacklist the Indo because of running an interview it will be even more ridiculous than Mickey shunning RTE because of a radio skit. This wasn't the Sun shaming the dead from Hillsborough. It hardly even reads particularly sensationally. The paper did absolutely no wrong in all this. It's the players, the CB and the two lads in that order that are to blame for what happened last year.

The behaviour of a bunch of prima donnas in Mayo do not warrant being mentioned in the same sentence as a father mourning the loss of his murdered daughter. Not on this planet, or on any other.
I don't know how you can read this into what Syferus has had to say but, anyway, there's nowt so queer as folks.
Isn't it even queerer that all the criticism of the players is coming from posters who know sweet FA what's really happened and not a single regular Mayo fan has come out to support H&C?
Talk about hubris!
I'd lay good money on either Breheny or Sweeney winning a donkey derby if a jockey could be found who was willing to ride them and yet normally well-balanced posters are lining up to take pot shots at the players.

The Mayo population is far less united and far less willing to whitewash what the players did than you and a few others here are, rightly so because some of the actions by players are not easily written off as normal business. It's a pity that the Mayo posters here have suddenly starting taking their cues from the Tyronies and blaming everyone but their sacred cows for their problems.

It's H&C's fault! It's the CB's fault! It's the Independent's fault! It's trolls' fault for not understanding! But it's not the players' fault.. right, Lar?

IC football is a dirty game. It just so happens a few of the Mayo panel got caught red handed this time.

Also a terrible insult aimed at Sweeney who has always been an insightful and fair columnist just because he had the gall to comment on the biggest story of the week in GAA.

Finger on the pulse in Mayo as well as Roscommon. You handle the burden of righteousness very well.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Jinxy

Talk about hubris!

That's because there's a small core of disgruntled 'senior' Mayo posters on the board that are calling the shots.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

heffo

Quote from: Jinxy on December 20, 2016, 09:54:29 AM

Talk about hubris!

That's because there's a small core of disgruntled 'senior' Mayo posters on the board that are calling the shots.

Muppet is not available to comment as he's taking time out from his busy role of telling us this is a non-story to shoot some Geordie Shore episodes for the next two weeks.

Buckass

There's no inus on H & C to have the best interests of Mayo football in mind when they're setting the record straight. Why should they be expected to remain silent when every half-truth peddled about them gained credence due to their silence. To suggest they broke trusts is also off..you cant break whats already been broken. Id imagine both men and their families lost many nights sleep with the whole affair; now they`ve set it straight they can move on.
Calling them 'old school' is nonsense when all the gps stuff, high end camera work etc was being done. If old school means managing and not taking input in selection from guys whose job it is to play, then jim Gavin, Michael Ryan, fitzmsurice and Cody are positively dinosaurs.
There'll be no player answer... Not because they're "bigger than that" but because they know that H & C s account is the reality. H & C can move on with their heads up; if the mayo players look honestly at themselves and this affair (as Cunniffe did) then they perhaps can too. Rochford & mc Entee
Can also add to their experience of the group by what has been revealed. If they learn and address matters, Mayo can be bettered by it.

twohands!!!

All too often in Ireland, the instinctive reaction to any sort of criticism is to circle the wagons, question the motives of those speaking out  - "why did they have to open their mouths" and try to sweep it under the carpet as quickly as possible. There seems to be little to no appetite to see what lessons can be learned from the whole situation so that a similar situation doesn't reoccur in the future.

ballinaman

Quote from: Buckass on December 20, 2016, 10:06:18 AM
There's no inus on H & C to have the best interests of Mayo football in mind when they're setting the record straight. Why should they be expected to remain silent when every half-truth peddled about them gained credence due to their silence. To suggest they broke trusts is also off..you cant break whats already been broken. Id imagine both men and their families lost many nights sleep with the whole affair; now they`ve set it straight they can move on.
Calling them 'old school' is nonsense when all the gps stuff, high end camera work etc was being done. If old school means managing and not taking input in selection from guys whose job it is to play, then jim Gavin, Michael Ryan, fitzmsurice and Cody are positively dinosaurs.
There'll be no player answer... Not because they're "bigger than that" but because they know that H & C s account is the reality. H & C can move on with their heads up; if the mayo players look honestly at themselves and this affair (as Cunniffe did) then they perhaps can too. Rochford & mc Entee
Can also add to their experience of the group by what has been revealed. If they learn and address matters, Mayo can be bettered by it.
Oh  FFS.
Record straight me hole. They've given their version of events as they saw it, hardly the definite recount of what went on.
Not even taking into account what went on through the year, believe me lads...face palm stuff,.they were hit below the water line from the start due to the shambolic way they were appointed.
Kevin McStay in comparison has shown true class by how he's conducted himself since.

heffo

Quote from: ballinaman on December 20, 2016, 10:43:19 AM
Oh for FFS.
Record straight me hole. They've given their version of events as they saw it, hardly the definite recount of what went on.
Not even taking into account what went on through the year, believe me lads...face palm stuff,.they were hit below the water line from the start due to the shambolic way they were appointed.
Kevin McStay in comparison has shown true class by how he's conducted himself since.

Genuine question - what's the issue with the appointment process? Why was it such a deal breaker?

There wasn't some huge transparant process for Jim Gavin's appointment - he was offered the position and after some haggling took it

ballinaman

Quote from: heffo on December 20, 2016, 10:45:52 AM
Oh for FFS.

Genuine question - what's the issue with the appointment process? Why was it such a deal breaker?

There wasn't some huge transparant process for Jim Gavin's appointment - he was offered the position and after some haggling took it
Very briefly.....
McStay said he wanted the job on the Sunday Game.
McStay took a call on a Thursday to say he was out of the running.
McStay then asked on the following Monday by the same official who told him he was out of the running that he was required to attend an interview for a job he wasn't going to get.
CB later said that McStays "package" was too expensive....

Buttofthehill

Oh for FFS.

Just playing Devil's Advocate here Heffo, but I remember things threatening to go sour with regards the appointment of Gilroy and Whelan in 2009/early champo 2010. Vincents ruling the roost etc. All turned out well of course but when Meath/Kerry/(nearly wexford) handed them their arses, it wasnt so rosy.

heffo

Quote from: Buttofthehill on December 20, 2016, 10:59:59 AM
Oh for FFS.

Just playing Devil's Advocate here Heffo, but I remember things threatening to go sour with regards the appointment of Gilroy and Whelan in 2009/early champo 2010. Vincents ruling the roost etc. All turned out well of course but when Meath/Kerry/(nearly wexford) handed them their arses, it wasnt so rosy.

Am aware of that but in Gilroy's case that wasn't down to anyone pulling strokes around his appointment - Jim Gavin got a fair interview for the position at the time.

It's also not so long ago that Dublin were the basket case's of disfunctionality - I just cant get my head around the universal support of the player's from Mayo posters even if H&C were weak.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on December 20, 2016, 01:55:09 AM

Talk about hubris!

The Mayo population is far less united and far less willing to whitewash what the players did than you and a few others here are, rightly so because some of the actions by players are not easily written off as normal business. It's a pity that the Mayo posters here have suddenly starting taking their cues from the Tyronies and blaming everyone but their sacred cows for their problems.

It's H&C's fault! It's the CB's fault! It's the Independent's fault! It's trolls' fault for not understanding! But it's not the players' fault.. right, Lar?

IC football is a dirty game. It just so happens a few of the Mayo panel got caught red handed this time.

Also a terrible insult aimed at Sweeney who has always been an insightful and fair columnist just because he had the gall to comment on the biggest story of the week in GAA.
Ah, for Christ's sake, syf, I'm a bit worried about your state of mind. Paranoia tends to creep up on one bit by bit or so I'm reliably told.  Take care ol' buddy, you left the land of logic and reason in your wake a long time ago and the edge of the precipice is not very far away.

God between us and small farms, how do you claim to know what the population of Mayo is thinking?
You, and a few others who are usually level-headed and insightful have lost the run of yerselves and claim ye know more about what's going on in Mayo football than a small core of Mayo 'senior' supporters as Jinxy puts it?
Dunno where he gets the 'small core' bit from as to date not a single Mayo poster has accepted what Breheny wrote is a genuine  and honest account of what really happened.
No Mayo poster here has said the it's all the fault ot H&C, the CB or anyone else bar the players. I certainly never did and I don't now either.
Now you, who feels you know more about Mayo affairs than I could ever hope to learn, can surely come up with some proof that the Mayo population gives a sweet f**k backs H&C's version of events.
Can you name a single source to back that assertion up?
How 'bout a link to a newspaper article backing Breheny's take on what happened?
Not a single one who thinks he holds the moral high ground has even bothered to consider the fact that something must be wrong when a pair of distinguished frmer players, All Stars the pair of them, takes over the management of the most experienced squad of players in the land. Yet before their first season in charge is over, the players threaten to go on strike if the pair of them don't step down.
So we are talking about a bunch od prima donnas, are we?
So the boys who were willing to die for the cause under James Horan were not prepared to work for a pair who had managed ten of them when Mayo won an u21 All Ireland.
You and your fellow 'experts' see nothing odd there?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Lar Naparka

Oh for FFS.

You can also add that three CB members resigned in protest over the shenanigans that went ob behind the scene and that the chairman was obliged to resign when the full details of what he had been up to were revealed.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi