Papal Visit to Ireland

Started by T Fearon, September 28, 2015, 06:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

The big problem is that the church can count upon 500k moronic sheep to ignore their rape and cover up and come out and wave at the leader of this vile organisation. The moronic sheep are the problem. Baa Baa

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Itchy on August 27, 2018, 10:53:15 PM
The big problem is that the church can count upon 500k moronic sheep to ignore their rape and cover up and come out and wave at the leader of this vile organisation. The moronic sheep are the problem. Baa Baa
They didnt get approaching 500k though.

The Iceman

Being Atheist or Agnostic does not make you more intelligent than the next man. Calling people sheep and morons, in fact, makes you less intelligent.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

gallsman

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: The Iceman on August 28, 2018, 03:22:30 PM
Being Atheist or Agnostic does not make you more intelligent than the next man. Calling people sheep and morons, in fact, makes you less intelligent.
Studies show it makes you more intelligent than the blindly religious though.

NAG1

Seems to be the popular belief that it does though, what was that about sheep and morons again?  ;)

The Iceman

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on August 28, 2018, 03:39:36 PM
The blindly religious? I'm not blind. I've spent more time studying Catholic Faith than you have I would imagine. There's nothing blind about my Faith.
And calling people names rather than discussing things, in my opinion (for gallsman), shows a lack of intelligence. If you resort to name calling to make a point then you don't have a point.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: The Iceman on August 28, 2018, 03:58:30 PM
The blindly religious? I'm not blind. I've spent more time studying Catholic Faith than you have I would imagine. There's nothing blind about my Faith.
And calling people names rather than discussing things, in my opinion (for gallsman), shows a lack of intelligence. If you resort to name calling to make a point then you don't have a point.
I didnt call you anything. I just pointed out there are countless studies that show a correlation between thinking for yourself and intelligence. If yiu chose to be insulted by that it says more about you than me.

gallsman

Quote from: The Iceman on August 28, 2018, 03:58:30 PM

a) I didn't call anyone any names

b) calling someone a name or not is not an indicator of intelligence.

Itchy

Try not to take it personally Iceman!

In my book the problem with a group that has a paedo ring in its midst and a history WORLDWIDE of covering it up is that there are people out there that empower it. So when the leader of this group comes to the country and a bunch of people flock to see him- well yes, for me they are moronic sheep. I could call them rape apologists, rape enablers, people who spit in the face of all the victime of this vile organisation but morons I think fits it better though as I think its is out of sheer stupidity and a fear of the reality of the situation which has them flock to the pope.

Same people who want catholic church in our schools and in our hospitals even after everything they have seen and read.

Morons.

The Iceman

Quote from: Itchy on August 28, 2018, 07:02:40 PM

In my book the problem with a group that has a paedo ring in its midst and a history WORLDWIDE of covering it up is that there are people out there that empower it. So when the leader of this group comes to the country and a bunch of people flock to see him- well yes, for me they are moronic sheep. I could call them rape apologists, rape enablers, people who spit in the face of all the victime of this vile organisation but morons I think fits it better though as I think its is out of sheer stupidity and a fear of the reality of the situation which has them flock to the pope.

Same people who want catholic church in our schools and in our hospitals even after everything they have seen and read.

Morons.
You're reaching a bit far there to say people of faith who went to see the Pope are rape enablers and apologists.  That's like the hair on a black man's left leg - it's not right and it's not fair.

Itchy

Quote from: The Iceman on August 28, 2018, 08:23:29 PM

Morons.
You're reaching a bit far there to say people of faith who went to see the Pope are rape enablers and apologists.  That's like the hair on a black man's left leg - it's not right and it's not fair.

Sorry, time to cut the bullshit. It's these fools who breath air into this organisation and who turn a blind eye to their crimes. Pope proved himself dishonest too. You can have faith, follow the bible and worship god without supporting child rapists, protectors and apologists.

The Iceman

Quote from: Itchy on August 28, 2018, 08:35:26 PM

Morons.

Sorry, time to cut the bullshit. It's these fools who breath air into this organisation and who turn a blind eye to their crimes. Pope proved himself dishonest too. You can have faith, follow the bible and worship god without supporting child rapists, protectors and apologists.
You have no understanding then of Catholicism. What you describe is Protestantism.  And it's not an either or statement. I don't support rapists protectors or apologists. I still go to Mass, I still receive the Eucharist. I still avail of the sacraments. I still believe there are good priests. I still believe the Catholic Church will get to where Jesus said it would. And I do all this with an informed and clear conscience.  To whitewash everyone is wrong and you know it is.

Itchy

Quote from: The Iceman on August 28, 2018, 09:03:44 PM
Quote from: Itchy on August 28, 2018, 08:35:26 PM

Morons.

You have no understanding then of Catholicism. What you describe is Protestantism.  And it's not an either or statement. I don't support rapists protectors or apologists. I still go to Mass, I still receive the Eucharist. I still avail of the sacraments. I still believe there are good priests. I still believe the Catholic Church will get to where Jesus said it would. And I do all this with an informed and clear conscience.  To whitewash everyone is wrong and you know it is.
Would you kiss the bishops ring or shake hands with a pope who knew of child abuse and did nothing? Who you allow such a man to preach to you at a mass? Only a fool would.

Aaron Boone