Connacht Club Championships Senior, Intermediate & Junior

Started by revsperminute, September 25, 2015, 05:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: muppet on November 25, 2015, 05:26:38 PM
Quote from: Rudi on November 25, 2015, 04:23:38 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on November 25, 2015, 03:06:31 PM
Things must be bad when Sligo people start sledging us.

Reference the Tyrone V Tipp U-21 thread, this one (sligoman)was jilted at the altar by a Rossie. He has it real bad, a 12 steps recovery program is the only solution here. Ballinaman most pitches are shite this time of year that is true, Ballina pitch was shocking for both teams that day. No football should be played from November 1st to March 1st, might help burn out and all that too. Give the Ros and Donegal lads a chance to drink some pints of porter. ;D

Certainly Tuam wasn't fit for a game of any importance. To be fair to the people at Tuam Stadium, the ground was very soft so there was no way you could put a tractor on it to cut the grass.

Looking at the highlights on TG4 on Monday and all the other pitches on view looked top notch. Wonder how Tuam ended up such a mess?

whitey

muppet

Quote from: whitey on November 25, 2015, 06:41:45 PM
Quote from: mrhardyannual on November 25, 2015, 06:36:37 PM
Rain ??? ;D

You can get hand movers. 2 men working from each end would cut it in an hour

Jaysus, I was on the pitch afterwards and between the length of the grass and the softness of the ground, I wouldn't want to be mowing it.
MWWSI 2017

Lar Naparka

Well, you can take solace from the fact that he is not a Mayo man. ;D
There is nothing in what sligoman has said that I could disagree with.
Remember the reaction on the Mayo manager thread when I suggested to the squatters Rossies camped there that you could well do with forgetting about our problems and take a look at your own. I did say, once or twice, that ye should think Niall Carew and not Stephen Rochford, or whoever takes on the Mayo job. Ye got too big for yer boots last summer and paid a heavy price.
Sligo will be ready for ye next summer too and ye'd need to cop on and take things one step at a time  and not to spend yer time fantasising about Mayo and what Kevin will do to Stephen and that sort of ráiméis.
Bejaysus, you'd think I had stolen yer blasted oul' bus!
sligoman is dead right about yer "ill-conceived arrogance" and that's the main reason some of the less charitable Mayo posters delight in taking the piss whenever your buckos start throwing shapes.'
Now, we played Sligo also last summer and beat them well but the difference was that there wasn't a single Mayo poster who started slagging off Sligo's chances before the game or who gloated at their loss either. We treat them with respect because they deserve it. You can take it that I am not having a go at you or any other Rossies for that matter, when I say that the furthest we will be looking is the game against London when the championship comes around.
Apart from a bit of good-natured banter with Sligonian from time to time, I don't think I ever had a flame war with any Sligo poster. (BTW, we are good friends.)
Same goes for all Galway posters also and while I am at it, for every poster who joins in on Mayo-related threads no matter where they are from. I can't recall any rows with posters from any county bar your own. An odd sharp exchange of views perhaps but no ongoing nioggly, schoolyard arguments.
Can't look west all the time when you want to blame somebody for everything- look closer to home sometimes.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

Your cert will always say you went to school in County Roscommon, Lar.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on November 25, 2015, 10:27:07 PM
Your very will always say you went to school in County Roscommon, Lar.
Best thing about Ballagh is the bye-pass. Frack the place!

giveballaghback

All Sligo posters are great.
All Galway posters are great.
All posters everywhere are great except...........Rossies.....Rossies are rubbish.
The gospel according to lar naparka ......wow

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: sligoman on November 25, 2015, 11:30:09 AM
There's definitely an ill-conceived arrogance about Roscommon that you can't deny. They think they are a couple of levels above teams like Sligo and Fermanagh when in reality they aren't. I've been hearing plenty of bravado about their team of superstars who have been coming for years but I think it has yet to dawn on them that they're not actually that good.

Excuses can be made for the result against Sligo but Sligo won that game despite getting cleaned in midfield, your much vaunted forward line is actually pretty ordinary and I wouldn't swap it for ours in any means. Our problems are well pronounced, we have the smallest team in the country and will just end up getting bullied and failing to win primary possession against the serious teams but I'd be hopeful we can take Roscommon again next year.

Roscommon are at that delusional level where they think they are miles ahead of counties meandering along causing the odd shock but effectively doing nothing and think they are not far off the top teams in the country. The reality is they are a little better than the meandering counties and absolutely miles off the top level counties.

It could get very ugly for them in Div 1 this year, particularly in the latter stages of the league when teams are scrambling for results.

Roscommon have two more All Irelands than Sligo, Fermanagh, Longford, Westmeath, Monaghan, Leitrim, Wicklow, Carlow combined
plus a few minor All Irelands and U21s (I think) and a Division 1 league title

I think their supporters are entitled to feel a small sense of entitlement.

Rossfan

No entitlement but we expected our team would have done better last Summer.
We won 10 AIs in all 4 grades by the way and have beaten Kerry in an A I Final in all 4 grades.
Not many have done that.
Nobody hates Sligo for obvious reasons but there are some hate filled soccer bigots in the Sligo town shitehole.
Lar you need to lie down for a while :-*
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Lar Naparka on November 25, 2015, 10:23:30 PM
Remember the reaction on the Mayo manager thread when I suggested to the squatters Rossies camped there that you could well do with forgetting about our problems and take a look at your own. I did say, once or twice, that ye should think Niall Carew and not Stephen Rochford, or whoever takes on the Mayo job. Ye got too big for yer boots last summer and paid a heavy price.
Sligo will be ready for ye next summer too and ye'd need to cop on and take things one step at a time  and not to spend yer time fantasising about Mayo and what Kevin will do to Stephen and that sort of ráiméis.
sligoman is dead right about yer "ill-conceived arrogance" and that's the main reason some of the less charitable Mayo posters delight in taking the piss whenever your buckos start throwing shapes.'
Now, we played Sligo also last summer and beat them well but the difference was that there wasn't a single Mayo poster who started slagging off Sligo's chances before the game or who gloated at their loss either. We treat them with respect because they deserve it. You can take it that I am not having a go at you or any other Rossies for that matter, when I say that the furthest we will be looking is the game against London when the championship comes around.
Apart from a bit of good-natured banter with Sligonian from time to time, I don't think I ever had a flame war with any Sligo poster. (BTW, we are good friends.)
Same goes for all Galway posters also and while I am at it, for every poster who joins in on Mayo-related threads no matter where they are from. I can't recall any rows with posters from any county bar your own. An odd sharp exchange of views perhaps but no ongoing nioggly, schoolyard arguments.
Can't look west all the time when you want to blame somebody for everything- look closer to home sometimes.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. What Sligoman wrote above is almost a carbon copy of what Larryin89 would write.

Croí na hÉireann

Reference the Tyrone V Tipp U-21 thread, this one (sligoman)was jilted at the altar by a Rossie. He has it real bad, a 12 steps recovery program is the only solution here. Ballinaman most pitches are shite this time of year that is true, Ballina pitch was shocking for both teams that day. No football should be played from November 1st to March 1st, might help burn out and all that too. Give the Ros and Donegal lads a chance to drink some pints of porter. ;D

Certainly Tuam wasn't fit for a game of any importance. To be fair to the people at Tuam Stadium, the ground was very soft so there was no way you could put a tractor on it to cut the grass.

What made all the lines on the pitch then muppet? Looked like the ploughing championships on the TV.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 26, 2015, 12:18:22 AM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on November 25, 2015, 10:23:30 PM

I wouldn't be too sure about that. What Sligoman wrote above is almost a carbon copy of what Larryin89 would write.
I think sligoman is genuine. He normally posts on Sligo threads and seldom on any one that the rosquitoes are mucking up. But Larry might be someone else.
I really can't say for certain but a fair few are convinced that he is an alter ego of Syferus.  Syf, by all accounts, posts under a variety of names. Matter of fact, I'm a bit suspicious of Shrewdness also.
Put it this way, if I had to choose between sligoman and larry as Syferus alernatives, my money would be on Larry every time.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Rossfan on November 25, 2015, 11:23:18 PM
No entitlement but we expected our team would have done better last Summer.
We won 10 AIs in all 4 grades by the way and have beaten Kerry in an A I Final in all 4 grades.
Not many have done that.
Nobody hates Sligo for obvious reasons but there are some hate filled soccer bigots in the Sligo town shitehole.
Lar you need to lie down for a while :-*
Do you really think so? ;D ;D
Arra, you know the craic yourself better than most.
It's that time of the year when a body has feck all else to do and you know the old saying, "If you see a donkey, ride it."

muppet

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on November 26, 2015, 09:44:51 AM

What made all the lines on the pitch then muppet? Looked like the ploughing championships on the TV.

Dunno. I didn't notice them at the ground. Maybe they were more noticeable from the higher view of the cameras?
MWWSI 2017