Syferus

Quote from: whitey on November 25, 2015, 02:10:29 AM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on November 24, 2015, 10:44:16 PM
Quote from: Rudi on November 24, 2015, 08:00:00 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on November 24, 2015, 10:24:08 AM
Quote from: Syferus on November 24, 2015, 02:19:37 AM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on November 24, 2015, 12:42:01 AM
Quote from: Shrewdness on November 23, 2015, 11:53:03 PM
I didn't just mean the Mayo posters on here. I know many Mayo Gaa people who have a ''thing'' about the Rossies. A man from Ballyhaunis once told me that ''the Rossies are like a blue bottle that keeps on buzzing around your head, but you can never line the f..ker up for that killer blow''.. I told him he had us all wrong ;D
I think you will find that Mayo isn't the only county that has a "thing" about Rossies.
Have you ever been in Kennedys in Drumcondra?
The owner's father, Tom, was a shrewd judge of character and he once told me that he was wary of Roscommon supporters any time the team played in Croke Park.
Mind you, he didn't much like any of the northern counties either but Roscommon was the only county in  the republic that he referred to.
Problem according to Tom was that Roscommon had a small core of followers who were "truculent, noisy and quarrelsome." (Tom loved big words.)
All counties have their own shower of laitchekoes but Roscommon has more than its fair share and I think you will find that I'm not the only one who would agree with Tom.

Mayo GAA people in shock dislike if Roscommon.  You'll have to decide what it is Lar,  ye don't care or you (clearly) do.  You're balancing the precariously over the toilet water right now.
Bedad, Syf, you must have had one hell of a night somewhere or other as you were obviously out of touch with reality when you wrote this. Looking at the time stamp, I'd say you had a good night in Durkins.
To begin with, this stuff makes no sense whatsoever.
Maybe when you've had a cup or two of strong black coffee, you might care to look at what you wrote and then maybe you'd turn it into English for the rest of us.  :(
Shrewdness posed a question and I took it to be genuine and gave him my honest answer. No more and no less.
Tom Kennedy was a legend in GAA circles and the shrewdest judge of character that I ever met. On AI days, Tom would stand at the door of his lounge and vet everyone who wanted to get in. If he didn't like the cut of yer jib, you didn't get in. Simple as that.
He did tell me that he wasn't too fond of supporters from any of the northern counties, especially those from the Wee Six. He was a bit wary of fans from a number of counties down here, all midland ones, but he picked Roscommon out from the rest because a minority were anti-social (that's putting it mildly.)
I happen to agree with him because that is my direct experience. I guess most other non-Roscommon posters here would agree with me.

Why would anybody pen such bigoted shite, pure total and utter scutter.
Obviously, you haven't bothered yer arse to read any of it.
Same goes for some of your fellow posters by the looks of it.
This is my last post on the matter as I don't want to see yet another thread descending into farce as Rossies vent their paranoia on the world in general and Mayo in particular.
First of all, Tom Kennedy did not slander all of Roscommon.
Problem according to Tom was that Roscommon had a small core of followers who were "truculent, noisy and quarrelsome." (Tom loved big words.) 
The way some of you are going ape, you'd think he stole your goddamn bus or something.

I added that I agreed with Tom; no problems with anyone on the board and most Rossies I meet and I get dogs' abuse for stating the obvious.

It's funny.....I know some people involved in the Mitchels,'and they still talk about the dogs abuse they received from  Brigids supporters 2 years ago. At one stage they were even invited down for a fight for having the audacity of cheering for their team

I was at that match and there was next to no hostility at it. Most any anger was rightly directed at Marty Duffy. Make some more mountains out of mohills though, someone is sure to believe it.

ballinaman

Quote from: Syferus on November 25, 2015, 08:48:30 AM
I didn't just mean the Mayo posters on here. I know many Mayo Gaa people who have a ''thing'' about the Rossies. A man from Ballyhaunis once told me that ''the Rossies are like a blue bottle that keeps on buzzing around your head, but you can never line the f..ker up for that killer blow''.. I told him he had us all wrong ;D
I think you will find that Mayo isn't the only county that has a "thing" about Rossies.
The owner's father, Tom, was a shrewd judge of character and he once told me that he was wary of Roscommon supporters any time the team played in Croke Park.
Mind you, he didn't much like any of the northern counties either but Roscommon was the only county in  the republic that he referred to.
All counties have their own shower of laitchekoes but Roscommon has more than its fair share and I think you will find that I'm not the only one who would agree with Tom.

Mayo GAA people in shock dislike if Roscommon.  You'll have to decide what it is Lar,  ye don't care or you (clearly) do.  You're balancing the precariously over the toilet water right now.
Bedad, Syf, you must have had one hell of a night somewhere or other as you were obviously out of touch with reality when you wrote this. Looking at the time stamp, I'd say you had a good night in Durkins.
Maybe when you've had a cup or two of strong black coffee, you might care to look at what you wrote and then maybe you'd turn it into English for the rest of us.  :(
Shrewdness posed a question and I took it to be genuine and gave him my honest answer. No more and no less.
Tom Kennedy was a legend in GAA circles and the shrewdest judge of character that I ever met. On AI days, Tom would stand at the door of his lounge and vet everyone who wanted to get in. If he didn't like the cut of yer jib, you didn't get in. Simple as that.
He did tell me that he wasn't too fond of supporters from any of the northern counties, especially those from the Wee Six. He was a bit wary of fans from a number of counties down here, all midland ones, but he picked Roscommon out from the rest because a minority were anti-social (that's putting it mildly.)
I happen to agree with him because that is my direct experience. I guess most other non-Roscommon posters here would agree with me.

This is my last post on the matter as I don't want to see yet another thread descending into farce as Rossies vent their paranoia on the world in general and Mayo in particular.
The way some of you are going ape, you'd think he stole your goddamn bus or something.

I added that I agreed with Tom; no problems with anyone on the board and most Rossies I meet and I get dogs' abuse for stating the obvious.

It's funny.....I know some people involved in the Mitchels,'and they still talk about the dogs abuse they received from  Brigids supporters 2 years ago. At one stage they were even invited down for a fight for having the audacity of cheering for their team

I was at that match and there was next to no hostility at it. Most any anger was rightly directed at Marty Duffy. Make some more mountains out of mohills though, someone is sure to believe it.
In the club final of 2007 when we beat Brigids, I remember a woman from Brigids who to this day stands out in my memory despite all the matches I've been to since. Wild, bushy and looking for a scrap at every opportunity would be the best way to describe her.
Any of the rossie lads mothers from here at that match...45 yard line back of the stand down the Crossmolina end? ;D

Rudi

Quote from: ballinaman on November 25, 2015, 09:11:37 AM

In the club final of 2007 when we beat Brigids, I remember a woman from Brigids who to this day stands out in my memory despite all the matches I've been to since. Wild, bushy and looking for a scrap at every opportunity would be the best way to describe her.
Any of the rossie lads mothers from here at that match...45 yard line back of the stand down the Crossmolina end? ;D

Was at that game, played in a pitch not fit for purpose. Lost all respect for David Brady that day, the fine footballer he was too. No matter where you go, you get daft bitches, plenty of ones in Ballina, Knockmore, Cross, Bonniconlon, Lahardane, some good ones too ;D

giveballaghback

A first cousin of me second cousins mother was attacked in Ballina at the salmon festival a few years back just because she was wearing a Rossie top, well it was terrible altogether and there she was crying and everything, and I know a man who knows a fella who is a great judge of people and he said you cant believe a word them rhubarbs tell ya, they will make up any story that suits, Im just saying and Im sure its true, sure look at all the stories Enda makes up, well that proves it.

ballinaman

Quote from: Rudi on November 25, 2015, 09:59:21 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on November 25, 2015, 09:11:37 AM

Was at that game, played in a pitch not fit for purpose. Lost all respect for David Brady that day, the fine footballer he was too. No matter where you go, you get daft bitches, plenty of ones in Ballina, Knockmore, Cross, Bonniconlon, Lahardane, some good ones too ;D
In fairness Rudi, you'd be doing well to find many pitches on November 25th in great shape...

sligoman

There's definitely an ill-conceived arrogance about Roscommon that you can't deny. They think they are a couple of levels above teams like Sligo and Fermanagh when in reality they aren't. I've been hearing plenty of bravado about their team of superstars who have been coming for years but I think it has yet to dawn on them that they're not actually that good.

Excuses can be made for the result against Sligo but Sligo won that game despite getting cleaned in midfield, your much vaunted forward line is actually pretty ordinary and I wouldn't swap it for ours in any means. Our problems are well pronounced, we have the smallest team in the country and will just end up getting bullied and failing to win primary possession against the serious teams but I'd be hopeful we can take Roscommon again next year.

Roscommon are at that delusional level where they think they are miles ahead of counties meandering along causing the odd shock but effectively doing nothing and think they are not far off the top teams in the country. The reality is they are a little better than the meandering counties and absolutely miles off the top level counties.

It could get very ugly for them in Div 1 this year, particularly in the latter stages of the league when teams are scrambling for results.

muppet

I was at that match too, and one funny episode was a Bridget's supporter about 50, completely lose the run of himself. He turned around and started abusing Mitchels supporters until he realised he, and those with him, were outnumbered in that part of the stand by about 20 to 1. He then got up and moved to another part of the ground.

Harmless enough really. But you wonder what makes people go berserk when they hear other supporters cheer for their team?
MWWSI 2017

giveballaghback

Another "Enda" story muppet, well the rhus are good at those as we all know ;D

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Rossfan on November 25, 2015, 11:52:09 AM
'Twas probably only Syfín Senior :D
As I said many times before, you have a way with words, Ross. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

weareros

Quote from: sligoman on November 25, 2015, 11:30:09 AM
There's definitely an ill-conceived arrogance about Roscommon that you can't deny. They think they are a couple of levels above teams like Sligo and Fermanagh when in reality they aren't. I've been hearing plenty of bravado about their team of superstars who have been coming for years but I think it has yet to dawn on them that they're not actually that good.

Excuses can be made for the result against Sligo but Sligo won that game despite getting cleaned in midfield, your much vaunted forward line is actually pretty ordinary and I wouldn't swap it for ours in any means. Our problems are well pronounced, we have the smallest team in the country and will just end up getting bullied and failing to win primary possession against the serious teams but I'd be hopeful we can take Roscommon again next year.

Roscommon are at that delusional level where they think they are miles ahead of counties meandering along causing the odd shock but effectively doing nothing and think they are not far off the top teams in the country. The reality is they are a little better than the meandering counties and absolutely miles off the top level counties.

It could get very ugly for them in Div 1 this year, particularly in the latter stages of the league when teams are scrambling for results.

Would be hopeful that good wins over Kerry, Dublin and Mayo will be enough to keep us up.

weareros

Quote from: Lar Naparka on November 25, 2015, 01:00:10 AM
Quote from: weareros on November 25, 2015, 12:40:06 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 23, 2015, 10:02:37 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on November 23, 2015, 09:35:30 PM
Can a Mayo poster tell me what it is about the Rossies that irritates ye so much?
The road from Frenchpark to Strokestown fairly annoys me.

That is a terrible road but know the reasons, gorsoon. The land from Frenchpark to Strokestown is rich in some of our most important ancient heritage sites including the royal sites of Rathcroghan what William Wilde called "the Tara of the West", with some of the mounds just a hop over the fence from the road. Indeed, Ireland's ancient epic, The Tain, began there.  The day we see a motorway going through that is the day we've become a soulless suburb of America. Meadbh, Morrígan agus Ros Abú.
That's very interesting. I wonder why the area around Tulsk was so important in the good ol' days of Meabh and Ailill and the rest. Do you know why this was so?
I'd love to find out.

To be honest don't know the answer Lar and seems lost in the mists of time but there's a very good interpretative centre there in Tulsk that's worth a visit.

Shrewdness

Things must be bad when Sligo people start sledging us.

Rudi

Quote from: Shrewdness on November 25, 2015, 03:06:31 PM

Reference the Tyrone V Tipp U-21 thread, this one (sligoman)was jilted at the altar by a Rossie. He has it real bad, a 12 steps recovery program is the only solution here. Ballinaman most pitches are shite this time of year that is true, Ballina pitch was shocking for both teams that day. No football should be played from November 1st to March 1st, might help burn out and all that too. Give the Ros and Donegal lads a chance to drink some pints of porter. ;D

muppet

Quote from: Rudi on November 25, 2015, 04:23:38 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on November 25, 2015, 03:06:31 PM

Reference the Tyrone V Tipp U-21 thread, this one (sligoman)was jilted at the altar by a Rossie. He has it real bad, a 12 steps recovery program is the only solution here. Ballinaman most pitches are shite this time of year that is true, Ballina pitch was shocking for both teams that day. No football should be played from November 1st to March 1st, might help burn out and all that too. Give the Ros and Donegal lads a chance to drink some pints of porter. ;D

Certainly Tuam wasn't fit for a game of any importance. To be fair to the people at Tuam Stadium, the ground was very soft so there was no way you could put a tractor on it to cut the grass.
MWWSI 2017