Connacht Club Championships Senior, Intermediate & Junior

Started by revsperminute, September 25, 2015, 05:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Shrewdness on November 23, 2015, 11:53:03 PM
I didn't just mean the Mayo posters on here. I know many Mayo Gaa people who have a ''thing'' about the Rossies. A man from Ballyhaunis once told me that ''the Rossies are like a blue bottle that keeps on buzzing around your head, but you can never line the f..ker up for that killer blow''.. I told him he had us all wrong ;D
Probably depends where you're from. Ballyhaunis is near the Ros border. Larryin89 is too. I don't have a thing about Ros at all. When Mayo play Ros is different, same whenMayo play any county. Yer man with the cap from Strokestown is probably one ohf the loudest there is and I like the guy
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on November 24, 2015, 02:19:37 AM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on November 24, 2015, 12:42:01 AM
I didn't just mean the Mayo posters on here. I know many Mayo Gaa people who have a ''thing'' about the Rossies. A man from Ballyhaunis once told me that ''the Rossies are like a blue bottle that keeps on buzzing around your head, but you can never line the f..ker up for that killer blow''.. I told him he had us all wrong ;D
I think you will find that Mayo isn't the only county that has a "thing" about Rossies.
Have you ever been in Kennedys in Drumcondra?
The owner's father, Tom, was a shrewd judge of character and he once told me that he was wary of Roscommon supporters any time the team played in Croke Park.
Mind you, he didn't much like any of the northern counties either but Roscommon was the only county in  the republic that he referred to.
Problem according to Tom was that Roscommon had a small core of followers who were "truculent, noisy and quarrelsome." (Tom loved big words.)
All counties have their own shower of laitchekoes but Roscommon has more than its fair share and I think you will find that I'm not the only one who would agree with Tom.

Mayo GAA people in shock dislike if Roscommon.  You'll have to decide what it is Lar,  ye don't care or you (clearly) do.  You're balancing the precariously over the toilet water right now.
Bedad, Syf, you must have had one hell of a night somewhere or other as you were obviously out of touch with reality when you wrote this. Looking at the time stamp, I'd say you had a good night in Durkins.
To begin with, this stuff makes no sense whatsoever.
Maybe when you've had a cup or two of strong black coffee, you might care to look at what you wrote and then maybe you'd turn it into English for the rest of us.  :(
Shrewdness posed a question and I took it to be genuine and gave him my honest answer. No more and no less.
Tom Kennedy was a legend in GAA circles and the shrewdest judge of character that I ever met. On AI days, Tom would stand at the door of his lounge and vet everyone who wanted to get in. If he didn't like the cut of yer jib, you didn't get in. Simple as that.
He did tell me that he wasn't too fond of supporters from any of the northern counties, especially those from the Wee Six. He was a bit wary of fans from a number of counties down here, all midland ones, but he picked Roscommon out from the rest because a minority were anti-social (that's putting it mildly.)
I happen to agree with him because that is my direct experience. I guess most other non-Roscommon posters here would agree with me.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Shannoncider

Quote from: giveballaghback on November 23, 2015, 09:55:58 PM
You are backing Sligo lar na parka? I will do better for you than that, Ill give you 3 chances, NY, Leitrim and Sligo and I will lay you any money you want that Ros will be in the Connacht final. You on?
Some things Rossies need to know,
There was a disagreement on the way to Sligo when Evans announced the team. He had picked Senan and Diarmuid who had both failed fitness tests that morning.
Ros need one top class midfielder, at least 3 defenders and a couple of million euro before they can compete with the teams at the top.
And one thing ye rhus need to know, I dont worry about ye, I laugh at ye and the odd time I even feel sorry for ye(well not really}

As a Rossie with few close friends on the panel I can safely say the above statement is complete bullshite about a disagreement. There was no disagreement what so ever, We didn't turn up that day and had no luck, Missed few chances and officials rode us end of story

Rossfan

Evans did pick the 2 lads who shouldn't have started as they hadn't trained from the London game.
That was one of his many blunders this Summer.
The version of the row fairytale I heard was that 2 Boyle lads were late and held the bus up leading to heated words.
In fact said 2 bucks had already joined the rest of the squad for tay and sangwedges before they all boarded the superbus.
Meanwhile the Connacht club championships are now over with Ros having our first blan year for a good while.
Have to wish the Rhu clubs all the best in the AI series and must ask the man with the cap how he rates their chances.
As for Tom Kennedy - he and other bigoted hoors can simply go and f************.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Rossfan on November 24, 2015, 11:40:52 AM
Evans did pick the 2 lads who shouldn't have started as they hadn't trained from the London game.
The version of the row fairytale I heard was that 2 Boyle lads were late and held the bus up leading to heated words.
In fact said 2 bucks had already joined the rest of the squad for tay and sangwedges before they all boarded the superbus.
Meanwhile the Connacht club championships are now over with Ros having our first blan year for a good while.
Have to wish the Rhu clubs all the best in the AI series and must ask the man with the cap how he rates their chances.
As for Tom Kennedy - he and other bigoted hoors can simply go and f************.
Now, now, language please! ;D
Tom did not say all Rossie supporters were, ahem, "agricultural" or that they were in the majority. He went out of his way to say there was an element he could do without.
He further said that all counties had some laitchekoes but that those from Roscommon were more noticeable than those from anywhere else.
In all honesty, I would say the very same. No probs with any Rossie on this board or most I know but there are a few you could well do without.

Syferus

Quote from: Lar Naparka on November 24, 2015, 01:39:17 PM
Tom did not say all Rossie supporters were, ahem, "agricultural" or that they were in the majority. He went out of his way to say there was an element he could do without.
He further said that all counties had some laitchekoes but that those from Roscommon were more noticeable than those from anywhere else.
In all honesty, I would say the very same. No probs with any Rossie on this board or most I know but there are a few you could well do without.

Everyone else in the country thinks the same about Mayo.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on November 24, 2015, 02:17:01 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on November 24, 2015, 01:39:17 PM

Everyone else in the country thinks the same about Mayo.
So???
What has Mayo got to do with it? ;D
Shrewdness asked a straight question and I gave him a straight answer. Leave "whataboutery" to our northern friends.
(BTW, you haven't translated your last post yet. The craic must have been hectic last night.)

giveballaghback

I must contact Tom Kennedy whoever he is and tell him to have a look at lar na parkas claims about his opinion on the Rossies, I am sure I can contact him at that pub, he must be a very personal friend of yours lar to confide in you his anti ross feeling, we haven't been up there is big numbers over the last couple of decades so there is a fair chance we might have become a little more civilised since so maybe he might let us in this time.
How about that little bet I offered you lar, as all the good bookies say "you have 3 chances", get your friends in on the action, as I said any amount you want.

Rudi

Quote from: Lar Naparka on November 24, 2015, 10:24:08 AM
I think you will find that Mayo isn't the only county that has a "thing" about Rossies.
The owner's father, Tom, was a shrewd judge of character and he once told me that he was wary of Roscommon supporters any time the team played in Croke Park.
Mind you, he didn't much like any of the northern counties either but Roscommon was the only county in  the republic that he referred to.
Problem according to Tom was that Roscommon had a small core of followers who were "truculent, noisy and quarrelsome." (Tom loved big words.)
All counties have their own shower of laitchekoes but Roscommon has more than its fair share and I think you will find that I'm not the only one who would agree with Tom.

Mayo GAA people in shock dislike if Roscommon.  You'll have to decide what it is Lar,  ye don't care or you (clearly) do.  You're balancing the precariously over the toilet water right now.
Bedad, Syf, you must have had one hell of a night somewhere or other as you were obviously out of touch with reality when you wrote this. Looking at the time stamp, I'd say you had a good night in Durkins.
Maybe when you've had a cup or two of strong black coffee, you might care to look at what you wrote and then maybe you'd turn it into English for the rest of us.  :(
Shrewdness posed a question and I took it to be genuine and gave him my honest answer. No more and no less.
Tom Kennedy was a legend in GAA circles and the shrewdest judge of character that I ever met. On AI days, Tom would stand at the door of his lounge and vet everyone who wanted to get in. If he didn't like the cut of yer jib, you didn't get in. Simple as that.
He did tell me that he wasn't too fond of supporters from any of the northern counties, especially those from the Wee Six. He was a bit wary of fans from a number of counties down here, all midland ones, but he picked Roscommon out from the rest because a minority were anti-social (that's putting it mildly.)
I happen to agree with him because that is my direct experience. I guess most other non-Roscommon posters here would agree with me.

Why would anybody pen such bigoted shite, pure total and utter scutter.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Rudi on November 24, 2015, 08:00:00 PM

Obviously, you haven't bothered yer arse to read any of it.
Same goes for some of your fellow posters by the looks of it.
This is my last post on the matter as I don't want to see yet another thread descending into farce as Rossies vent their paranoia on the world in general and Mayo in particular.
First of all, Tom Kennedy did not slander all of Roscommon.
The way some of you are going ape, you'd think he stole your goddamn bus or something.

I added that I agreed with Tom; no problems with anyone on the board and most Rossies I meet and I get dogs' abuse for stating the obvious. 

moysider

Begob Lar you've picked a rare oul row there ;D ;D

You're going to have to bate them off one after another. The way the monkey fought the bees bluebottles.

If the Rossies are as jihadi as yer pal Tom believes he d want to be away on a witness protection programme after you landing him in it like that  ;D ;D ;D ;D

weareros

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 23, 2015, 10:02:37 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on November 23, 2015, 09:35:30 PM
Can a Mayo poster tell me what it is about the Rossies that irritates ye so much?
The road from Frenchpark to Strokestown fairly annoys me.

That is a terrible road but know the reasons, gorsoon. The land from Frenchpark to Strokestown is rich in some of our most important ancient heritage sites including the royal sites of Rathcroghan what William Wilde called "the Tara of the West", with some of the mounds just a hop over the fence from the road. Indeed, Ireland's ancient epic, The Tain, began there.  The day we see a motorway going through that is the day we've become a soulless suburb of America. Meadbh, Morrígan agus Ros Abú.

moysider

Quote from: weareros on November 25, 2015, 12:40:06 AM
Can a Mayo poster tell me what it is about the Rossies that irritates ye so much?

That is a terrible road but know the reasons, gorsoon. The land from Frenchpark to Strokestown is rich in some of our most important ancient heritage sites including the royal sites of Rathcroghan what William Wilde called "the Tara of the West", with some of the mounds just a hop over the fence from the road. Indeed, Ireland's ancient epic, The Tain, began there.  The day we see a motorway going through that is the day we've become a soulless suburb of America. Meadbh, Morrígan agus Ros Abú.

+1. No way in hell that that can happen. It won t happen.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: weareros on November 25, 2015, 12:40:06 AM

That's very interesting. I wonder why the area around Tulsk was so important in the good ol' days of Meabh and Ailill and the rest. Do you know why this was so?
I'd love to find out.

whitey

Quote from: Lar Naparka on November 24, 2015, 10:44:16 PM
Quote from: Rudi on November 24, 2015, 08:00:00 PM

Obviously, you haven't bothered yer arse to read any of it.
Same goes for some of your fellow posters by the looks of it.
This is my last post on the matter as I don't want to see yet another thread descending into farce as Rossies vent their paranoia on the world in general and Mayo in particular.
First of all, Tom Kennedy did not slander all of Roscommon.
The way some of you are going ape, you'd think he stole your goddamn bus or something.

I added that I agreed with Tom; no problems with anyone on the board and most Rossies I meet and I get dogs' abuse for stating the obvious.

It's funny.....I know some people involved in the Mitchels,'and they still talk about the dogs abuse they received from  Brigids supporters 2 years ago. At one stage they were even invited down for a fight for having the audacity of cheering for their team