Connacht Club Championships Senior, Intermediate & Junior

Started by revsperminute, September 25, 2015, 05:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Hopefully Castlebar can make it a Mayo treble this weekend. It would also remove any obstacle for appointing Rochford as Mayo manager, wouldn't it?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 20, 2015, 07:57:53 PM
Hopefully Castlebar can make it a Mayo treble this weekend. It would also remove any obstacle for appointing Rochford as Mayo manager, wouldn't it?

After what happened two years ago I can't see Castlebar beating Corofin. Revenge is the best cure for an AI hangover.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Syferus on November 20, 2015, 08:20:54 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 20, 2015, 07:57:53 PM

After what happened two years ago I can't see Castlebar beating Corofin. Revenge is the best cure for an AI hangover.
After watching Castlebar 2 weeks ago on tv, I'd be inclined to agree with you.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

larryin89

What are corofin like this year though ? Mountbellew - moylough seem to waste a lot of chances according to the stats for that game  (dontfoul stats) ,shots from play -success rate really stood out , 62 % Corofin , 25 % mountbellew . Hopefully castlebar can guard the net and I think it will be a lot closer than a lot think if they do . 11/4 , I'll be havin some of that for the extra interest.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Duine Eile

Corofin are one of those teams that do enough to get through games as they did throughout the Galway championship, indeed they were very lucky not to be caught out by Tuam in the quarter finals where they were taken to a replay. However they seem to be on an upward curve since they got outside the county, Michéal Lundy, Ian Burke and Martin Farragher are in flying form at the minute. Stephen Rochford seems to have them peaking at just the right time. I think they'll have enough to get past Castlebar but after that they could find things very difficult especially if the rumours about Lundy heading for America are true.

Zulu

We have some game on here. As good a 10 minutes of sport as I've seen in a long time.

Castlebar Mitchells 1-2 Corofin 0-2

moysider

Zulu

From the Bunker

Quote from: moysider on November 22, 2015, 02:19:55 PM

Pitch looks a right state.

Yeah, looks to have lines of long grass where the wheels on the mower went over!

Syferus

Mitchels look laboured attacking. Not as confident taking points as they should be and getting caught look if around for passes around the 45. Will probably need a few more goals to beat Corofin who look significantly slicker going forward.

From the Bunker

Corofin, will be the happier at half time. Have not played well and are not losing.

Blowitupref

Good half of football between two well matched sides I think the pitch on TV looks worse than it actually is.  Martin Farragher,Barry Moran the stand out players for their sides in that half.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Lar Naparka

Corofin are looking the better side at halftime but the pitch is pure cat  and a freak bounce or two could well determine the outcome. It's all to play for still.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Zulu

Really enjoyed that, great half of football with both teams really going for it and the ref doing a good job. If the pitch wasn't heavy I think we would have had 5 or 6 more scores.

moysider

Quote from: Lar Naparka on November 22, 2015, 02:41:55 PM
Corofin are looking the better side at halftime but the pitch is pure cat  and a freak bounce or two could well determine the outcome. It's all to play for still.

Looked to me like Castlebar dominant and Corofin set up to counter attack. Castlebar forwards less space than the Corofin ones.
Set up for Corofin unfortunately.