Philly McMahon

Started by Mayo Border, September 21, 2015, 08:56:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Who said he didn't have a super season? Some lads are very keen to argue with stuff that hasn't been said at all!

The Aristocrat

Quote from: Ranga on October 05, 2015, 01:50:07 PM
Philly McMahon should definitely be player of the year. He never headbutted or eye gouged or dived or punched players on the ground or anything. Here's his highlight reel from the season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mCrvSNuAM8

Another one. That Kerrigan incident was from a few years ago. Donaghy footage inconclusive. O Shea incident both of them at it.

Best player in Ireland this year.

Ranga

Quote from: The Aristocrat on October 05, 2015, 02:45:12 PM
Quote from: Ranga on October 05, 2015, 01:50:07 PM
Philly McMahon should definitely be player of the year. He never headbutted or eye gouged or dived or punched players on the ground or anything. Here's his highlight reel from the season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mCrvSNuAM8

Another one. That Kerrigan incident was from a few years ago. Donaghy footage inconclusive. O Shea incident both of them at it.

Best player in Ireland this year.

Biting, gouging, diving, punching, throwing headbutts. No wonder Philly McMahon is so popular with the Dubs.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 05, 2015, 01:44:09 PM
I forgot him biting Kerrigan!
You forgot the punching and sledging as well.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 06, 2015, 11:51:26 AM
You forgot the punching and sledging as well.

And there are none of you wouldn't wish you had him on your team. Unfortunately for you, you haven't got him.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

The Hill is Blue

AZ, you're  beginning to sound like Colm O'Rourke. Offaly won all their AI titles with a fair quota of hard men on their teams. And these men are rightly legends in Offaly.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

PW Nally

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on October 06, 2015, 05:41:15 PM

AZ, you're  beginning to sound like Colm O'Rourke. Offaly won all their AI titles with a fair quota of hard men on their teams. And these men are rightly legends in Offaly.

Hard = Good

Underhand = not Good

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: PW Nally on October 06, 2015, 07:42:48 PM

Hard = Good

Underhand = not Good

"Hard" in my experience usually encompasses the lot.

The Aristocrat

Exactly. Most on the lads on here are just bitter, and its great.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on October 06, 2015, 09:36:41 PM

Hard = Good

Underhand = not Good

Nothing hard about trying to remove someone's eyeball from their socket. I don't think there's even a word for that.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

AZOffaly

There's a difference between hard and sneaky shite like gouging and biting Hound. I've no problem with Ger Brennan for example.

Hound

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 07, 2015, 09:30:29 AM

There's a difference between hard and sneaky shite like gouging and biting Hound. I've no problem with Ger Brennan for example.
He didn't bite me.
He's not that tough!

AZOffaly

Sorry Hound, on both counts. The missing comma and confusing you with THIB. :)

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 07, 2015, 09:22:29 AM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on October 06, 2015, 09:36:41 PM

Hard = Good

Underhand = not Good

Nothing hard about trying to remove someone's eyeball from their socket. I don't think there's even a word for that.

Yes, the word is hyperbole.

Talks a good game

[

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, the word is hyperbole.
[/quote]

He is a gentleman.... having failed in his attempt to reposition his gum shield he helpfully tried to replace his contact lens.