Rugby world cup 2015

Started by rrhf, September 13, 2015, 09:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 13, 2015, 10:18:25 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on October 13, 2015, 10:15:42 AM
Quote from: finbar o tool on October 13, 2015, 12:57:18 AM
Mike McCarthy coming in for O'Connell apparently.

jaysus

Jaysus is right. Is Touhy not fit?
Touhy was not at the races in the few games Ire played prior to the World Cup - I suspect he is well down the pecking order at this stage - Mike Mc is not great either but he does bring a higher level of aggression than Touhy

johnneycool

Quote from: Walter Cronc on October 13, 2015, 10:26:54 AM
What age is Foley? I suppose lads of 6'6 plus aren't exactly common in Ireland.

Any coming through in the last couple of strong U20 sides that we've had?

Why is there a delay in replacing Payne?

I suppose JJ Hanrahan is still a year or two away from this level, but some prospect all the same.

AZOffaly

He's 27. another Tipp man. Made his debut in 2010 for Munster. He's had to serve his time behind O'Connell, O'Callaghan, and recently Donnacha Ryan. Anytime he's come in he's been solid enough, but he's not really international standard, yet at least.

INDIANA

Quote from: johnneycool on October 13, 2015, 10:29:57 AM

I suppose JJ Hanrahan is still a year or two away from this level, but some prospect all the same.

JJ won't be mapped after moving to Northampton.

JS has no track record of selecting players playing abroad outside Sexton.

AZOffaly

Not sure about JJ. He has talent, but his decision making is quite poor. I'd say that will obviously improve as he matures, and playing in England might help him. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up as a centre long term, as opposed to a 10.

AZOffaly

Quote from: INDIANA on October 13, 2015, 10:31:15 AM

JJ won't be mapped after moving to Northampton.

JS has no track record of selecting players playing abroad outside Sexton.

Which is ridiculous. And it's not just recently with JS either, it seems to be an IRFU policy. Don't pick them if they aren't under central contract. Leo Cullen didn't get as many games as he should, and Bob Casey and Trevor Brennan were probably discriminated against. Geordan Murphy is probably the one lad that has played a lot while being abroad, Sexton notwithstanding.

Maybe JJ will move back to Munster or Leinster when he gets a couple of years at Northampton. He'll still be young enough, if he's good enough.

Walter Cronc

Still have big hope for JJ. The move will make or break him.

It worked wonders for Tommy Bowe at Ospreys and with Jim Mallinder as his coach at Northampton he'll be working with one of the best in the business..

Saw few clips of Leinster recently. Ringrose seems to be going well. Imagine him and Henshaw as a midfield partnership down the line. Unreal.

INDIANA

Quote from: Walter Cronc on October 13, 2015, 10:37:17 AM
Still have big hope for JJ. The move will make or break him.

It worked wonders for Tommy Bowe at Ospreys and with Jim Mallinder as his coach at Northampton he'll be working with one of the best in the business..

Saw few clips of Leinster recently. Ringrose seems to be going well. Imagine him and Henshaw as a midfield partnership down the line. Unreal.

Ringrose is a sublime talent. Leinster have moved heaven and earth to sign Henshaw in the last few months but Nucifora won't allow Ringrose and Henshaw to be at the same province.

Henshaw will end up at Munster next year.

AZOffaly

I'd take that!! It's likely Munster's midfield will be two Kiwis this year.

Walter Cronc

Thats very interesting Indiana.

Is it not in the international teams interest to have both players at Leinster then??

AZOffaly

They try to maximise game time, but that said I'd have thought they'd like a partnership at Leinster a lá BOD and D'Arcy.

INDIANA

Quote from: Walter Cronc on October 13, 2015, 10:43:17 AM
Thats very interesting Indiana.

Is it not in the international teams interest to have both players at Leinster then??

Munster have no IQ centre bar Earls and he's probably more of a winger really.

I know they have hurley- I'm talking strictly international class here.

Nucifora wants the Australian model with a good spread of internationals across all 4 provinces eventually

Walter Cronc

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 13, 2015, 10:45:50 AM
They try to maximise game time, but that said I'd have thought they'd like a partnership at Leinster a lá BOD and D'Arcy.

For that point of view I think they are right at the IRFU. More young players should be encouraged to go to provinces where there is an apparent shortage in positions.

The last U20 panel was made up of about 60% Leinster players - the strong schools system gives the numbers.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Walter Cronc on October 13, 2015, 10:58:27 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on October 13, 2015, 10:45:50 AM

For that point of view I think they are right at the IRFU. More young players should be encouraged to go to provinces where there is an apparent shortage in positions.

The last U20 panel was made up of about 60% Leinster players - the strong schools system gives the numbers.

And yet Munster won the U20 and U19 interpros.

Keyser soze

Jesus how does Indiana do it, he has the inside track on every sport in Ireland.