Rugby world cup 2015

Started by rrhf, September 13, 2015, 09:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bridgegael on September 26, 2015, 10:53:00 PM
the kick on the head to the wales full back was a serious knock.  he looked in a bad way.
They're not faring too well in that position. If they assess him as having concussion he might not be back.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 26, 2015, 10:46:42 PM
AZ going retro on us here, do u mean Burgess been took off>?

Feck sorry, I meant youngs. The scrum half.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AZOffaly

Ah ok. I thought the game turned when he went off.

lenny

Quote from: ONeill on September 26, 2015, 10:52:44 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on September 26, 2015, 10:51:37 PM
England shit themselves, the same as the soccer team.  It's all so easy when you're winning handy enough but the minute some pressure is applied it's a different story. Delighted for wales.  Thats engerland in the same side of the draw as the all blacks and south Africa provided they get through.  If wales manage to win the group we could be playing them for a place in the final. I know im getting ahead of myself

Australia have a say in that group!

Australia will win the group almost certainly.

JPGJOHNNYG

Australia will beat wales and england will beat australia so bonus points here for 4 tries and losing by less than 7 will be the key.

JPGJOHNNYG

The bookies still have England as second favourites at 6/1 which seems rather strange. I think England will beat Australia but it is pretty much 50/50 ie lose that match and they are gone.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on September 28, 2015, 07:58:47 AM
The bookies still have England as second favourites at 6/1 which seems rather strange. I think England will beat Australia but it is pretty much 50/50 ie lose that match and they are gone.

They weren't impressive against Fiji or Wales... What makes you think they will win against Australia?? Granted they will beat Wales as they have used up all their luck in beating England with the run of injuries they have sustained... But I'm not overly convinced as they lack a real leader on the pitch
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

Reading Stuart Barnes' assessment of England (& specifically Robshaw) in today's Times was absolutely brutal. The venom in the article was unreal.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 28, 2015, 09:07:08 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on September 28, 2015, 07:58:47 AM

They weren't impressive against Fiji or Wales... What makes you think they will win against Australia?? Granted they will beat Wales as they have used up all their luck in beating England with the run of injuries they have sustained... But I'm not overly convinced as they lack a real leader on the pitch

I think they will win and scrape through with their bonus points but it will be funny if Australia knock them out

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on September 28, 2015, 09:32:53 PM
Reading Stuart Barnes' assessment of England (& specifically Robshaw) in today's Times was absolutely brutal. The venom in the article was unreal.
Aye  :-\

If Stuart Lancaster was any sort of field marshal, he would dismiss his most decorated general after Saturday's appalling error when the battle for Twickenham was there to be saved. Chris Robshaw's inability to realise that a draw would have hurt the walking wounded of Wales more than his own men was the worst piece of captaincy I can remember in my playing or media days.

Milltown Row2

I thought at the time fair fcuks for going for it... They were winning the line outs handy and probably thought they'd at the very least force another penalty closer in... Hindsight is a wonderful thing
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

andoireabu

Billy vunipola out for the rest of the tournament is a big loss. The chariot wheels are getting loose...
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

gawa316

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 28, 2015, 10:22:14 PM
I thought at the time fair fcuks for going for it... They were winning the line outs handy and probably thought they'd at the very least force another penalty closer in... Hindsight is a wonderful thing

Me too, plus it was hardly a give me kick either (I watching on a stream with 3 kids round me feet so am open to correction here).

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gawa316 on September 28, 2015, 11:13:56 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 28, 2015, 10:22:14 PM

Me too, plus it was hardly a give me kick either (I watching on a stream with 3 kids round me feet so am open to correction here).
You are correct. Would have been a tough enough kick plus from the kick to touch they could have worked a drop goal attempt if the maul didn't get them over the line. If they missed the kick they were reliant on getting the ball on the restart or a quick turnover. Hindsight is great and if they made it they would have been heroes.