Rugby world cup 2015

Started by rrhf, September 13, 2015, 09:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

the 2 teams look well matched, Carter has faded badly as a fly half, maybe not a strong a All-Black team as people think, McCaw and Kaino are old in the back row plus leaving Dagg and Jane at home looks strange too. they are very dangerous though when Williams plays centre, mans a class act. game so even as Argentina has a serious pack

Wildweasel74

England fans cheering on the Argies, Oh the Irony!!

HiMucker

Quote from: HiMucker on September 19, 2015, 09:20:29 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 19, 2015, 08:59:34 PM
Quote from: dferg on September 19, 2015, 08:49:01 PM
I'm struggling to think of a bigger shock in any sport ever.  With soccer you can get a couple of fluke goals but Japan beating South Africa at rugby at the world cup.

Japan beat Wales two years ago, Italy last year. Great form at their level heading into the tournament. Far from the biggest shock in sporting history but an amazing result all the same.
not saying your wrong, but I'm struggling to think of any.  List all the ones that you reckon are bigger shocks
Any chance syf?  :)

bridgegael

buster douglas beating tyson is up there
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

macdanger2

Cameroon beating Argentina in the first round of the WC in '94

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 20, 2015, 07:39:21 PM
Cameroon beating Argentina in the first round of the WC in '94

macdanger2

HiMucker

Ah lads there upsets but not in the same league.  As for the low scoring in soccer there is upsets, but unless it's San Marino beating a top team I wouldn't rank it up there.  In boxing as a fight can be finished with a single blow I wouldn't rank it in the same league either.  Ratman or whatever his name was beating Lewis was the biggest shock I seen in boxing.  Maybe there is a few upsets in golf that would be up there.  Miracle on ice as well.

seafoid

Quote from: HiMucker on September 20, 2015, 08:14:34 PM
Ah lads there upsets but not in the same league.  As for the low scoring in soccer there is upsets, but unless it's San Marino beating a top team I wouldn't rank it up there.  In boxing as a fight can be finished with a single blow I wouldn't rank it in the same league either.  Ratman or whatever his name was beating Lewis was the biggest shock I seen in boxing.  Maybe there is a few upsets in golf that would be up there.  Miracle on ice as well.
the boks have a lot of players on the way out.
The excitement was the thing about the match. Who cares if it wasn`t best ever ?

laoislad

Quote from: HiMucker on September 20, 2015, 06:43:38 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on September 19, 2015, 09:20:29 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 19, 2015, 08:59:34 PM
Quote from: dferg on September 19, 2015, 08:49:01 PM
I'm struggling to think of a bigger shock in any sport ever.  With soccer you can get a couple of fluke goals but Japan beating South Africa at rugby at the world cup.

Japan beat Wales two years ago, Italy last year. Great form at their level heading into the tournament. Far from the biggest shock in sporting history but an amazing result all the same.
not saying your wrong, but I'm struggling to think of any.  List all the ones that you reckon are bigger shocks
Any chance syf?  :)
Ireland beating Pakistan and England at the cricket world cup?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

JoG2

90,000 at the match tonight.  They are pulling in some serious cash as the tix were very expensive.

Really enjoying it,  has been  a good opening weekend.  The Japanese performance being the standout.

We have to top the group as ye don't want to be facing the All Black's at the qf stage.  The later the better

Tiocfaidh Ned

gallsman

Quote from: JoG2 on September 20, 2015, 08:55:53 PM
90,000 at the match tonight.  They are pulling in some serious cash as the tix were very expensive.

Really enjoying it,  has been  a good opening weekend.  The Japanese performance being the standout.

We have to top the group as ye don't want to be facing the All Black's at the qf stage.  The later the better

Top insight there, thanks for that. Argentina looked bloody good today too. Win the group and we'll likely play them, which would make me bloody nervous.

Wildweasel74

Argentina are a pack orientated team, they reply on the forwards to see out games, they wouldnt have the backs to threaten ireland if we match them up front.

CiKe

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 20, 2015, 06:09:56 PM
The Argies are under serious pressure here, been defending flat out the whole 2nd half. Ireland beat France they beat Argentina. The winger who missed the Sonny Bill pass makes New Zealand decision to leave Cory Jane at home look silly.

Butchered it alright, but if you have seen what he is capable of then is understandable.