seafoid

Oz were poor. Scotland did very well.

JoG2

The hooker will relive that throw a million  times

Hard lines,  great effort. 

grounded

A ffs that was gutting for Scotland.

bennydorano

Cruel for Scotland. Aussies playing with one eye on the Semi (& prob the Final tbh) nearly come a cropper. Argentina will give them all they want, bookies will prob have it Argentina +5 for evs??? Been a fantastic tournament.

JPGJOHNNYG

Jeez scotland now that was a typical irish heroic failure performance. Just goes to show you cant look at even a performance 1 week ago as an indicator. Aus thump england and look dead cert champs then are sh1te today. Scotland really were lucky to scrape past a poor samoa team and then play like tbat today, its mad

Tony Baloney

Joubert a tosser but the lineout team should have secured the ball and there was no decision to make.

Wildweasel74

Scotland had the Aussie beat with 2 mins to go, lineout should had been to the front and 3/4 phases of play,waste the clock and then be in the semi, now that's heartbreaking stuff. if Ireland showed that heart we be a different animal!

Wildweasel74

Now that was Heroic failure!!!

stew

Quote from: Dag Dog on October 18, 2015, 05:27:10 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on October 18, 2015, 05:23:03 PM
Fair play to the Scots.  Some heart
But Indiana said they'd be annihilated and he's always right!

At least he has the balls to call it as he sees it.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

JPGJOHNNYG

Its great that rugby has a TMO but why the feck can he not actually advice a ref, he can only look at what the ref asks him to look at. The touch judges can flag up incidents why the feck then cant the TMO. No idea now who i want to win as the rest are a shower of b@stards

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: omagh_gael on October 18, 2015, 03:17:23 PM
Madigan's miss to bring it level at 23 apiece was a huge moment. Instead we lose the momentum and Argentina knock over a penalty almost straight away for 6 point lead. In saying that Argentina were fantastic, their aggression was brutal.

Pretty much what shane horgan has also said on rte. Despite being sh1te we still could have won it

INDIANA

Quote from: muppet on October 18, 2015, 05:07:23 PM
The only people disregarding Argentina were the Matt Coopers and other interviewers of this world. The pundits and almost everyone else expected a tight game. And it wasn't unreasonable to expect us to win in a tight game. After all were ranked ahead of them and have beaten them in our recent encounters.

What sort of supporters would we be if we expected to lose?

Who wants to be Indiana?

The Argentine tighthead should have got a yellow for leading with the head on Best, except of course he already had a yellow. That was a huge decision and arguably changed the course of the game. I don't know enough about the rules to be certain either way but I heard the TMO saying 'yes he led with the left arm, but...' and then the ref cut him off. He didn't wait for the 'but..' It is small thing but yet......

As for the game, the scoreline after 12 minutes was a case of everything going right for one team, and nothing going right for the other team. A bit like us against the All-Blacks 2 years ago, except the other way round. Once things started going for us, Argentina started making mistakes and their infamous indiscipline reared its head.

Overall though, too many players for us played average or below. No point in pointing fingers though, as the same guys were heroes a week ago.

True I mean who wants to be right all the time. Face facts Irish fans completely disrespected the Argentinians beforehand

Who was it that said we should rest Sexton for next week?

JoG2

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on October 18, 2015, 06:45:51 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on October 18, 2015, 03:17:23 PM
Madigan's miss to bring it level at 23 apiece was a huge moment. Instead we lose the momentum and Argentina knock over a penalty almost straight away for 6 point lead. In saying that Argentina were fantastic, their aggression was brutal.

Pretty much what shane horgan has also said on rte. Despite being sh1te we still could have won it

That's all well and good,  but the main reason we lost was the missed tackles(imo) ,  27 of them in total,  many leading to 3 on 2 / 2 on 1 outfield.  It was like watching the Ireland we all knew in the 80s and 90s. You miss tackles at this stage of the WC and you're gonna get severely punished. 

muppet

Quote from: INDIANA on October 18, 2015, 07:15:54 PM
The only people disregarding Argentina were the Matt Coopers and other interviewers of this world. The pundits and almost everyone else expected a tight game. And it wasn't unreasonable to expect us to win in a tight game. After all were ranked ahead of them and have beaten them in our recent encounters.

Who wants to be Indiana?

The Argentine tighthead should have got a yellow for leading with the head on Best, except of course he already had a yellow. That was a huge decision and arguably changed the course of the game. I don't know enough about the rules to be certain either way but I heard the TMO saying 'yes he led with the left arm, but...' and then the ref cut him off. He didn't wait for the 'but..' It is small thing but yet......

As for the game, the scoreline after 12 minutes was a case of everything going right for one team, and nothing going right for the other team. A bit like us against the All-Blacks 2 years ago, except the other way round. Once things started going for us, Argentina started making mistakes and their infamous indiscipline reared its head.

Overall though, too many players for us played average or below. No point in pointing fingers though, as the same guys were heroes a week ago.

True I mean who wants to be right all the time. Face facts Irish fans completely disrespected the Argentinians beforehand

You were wrong about Scotland. So you were 50/50 for today.

And it appears from the above that you just claimed you are right all the time, so in fact 1 for 3 today.

And please show me this fact is where 'Irish fans completely disrespected the Argentinians beforehand'? Fans hopeful of winning a match is not the same as 'completely disrespecting'.

If you can't prove the above you are 1 for 4 for today. Sounds about right.  ;D
MWWSI 2017

INDIANA

Quote from: muppet on October 18, 2015, 07:26:02 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on October 18, 2015, 07:15:54 PM

Who wants to be Indiana?

You were wrong about Scotland. So you were 50/50 for today.

And it appears from the above that you just claimed you are right all the time, so in fact 1 for 3 today.

And please show me this fact is where 'Irish fans completely disrespected the Argentinians beforehand'? Fans hopeful of winning a match is not the same as 'completely disrespecting'.

If you can't prove the above you are 1 for 4 for today. Sounds about right.  ;D

In fairness it's 4 from 4. I know life can be unfair sometimes. But I've learned to live with my talents