Rugby world cup 2015

Started by rrhf, September 13, 2015, 09:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

http://www.rugby365.com/tournaments/world-cup/69382-france-accuse-o-brien-of-assault

This should help. The French are ludicrously overplaying the incident.

Remember PSE defended Pape for his cracking of Heaslip's vertebra with his knee. Hooper's tackle was more dangerous and there was hardly provocation by Brown as he was just standing over a ruck.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

To divert for a while, something has to happen in Rugby rules. How could any parent watch that yesterday and wave little Johnny off to rugby training tonight? I know it's a different level, but international rugby is the flagship of the professional game. I've seen the same thing over and over again at Thomond Park as well. It's just unreal the hits and the physicality. The size of the players, and the punishment they are dishing out and taking is just gone beyond the beyond now. That yesterday, and other games at this world cup, is just not sustainable. Forget concussions, the sheer toll on a lad's body, for f*ck all money when you compare it to soccer, is just not right.

INDIANA

Quote from: The Trap on October 12, 2015, 12:59:16 PM
Indiana.....if I told you at 3pm yesterday that we would be winning 9-6 at ht but that Sexton and O'Connell had been taken off injured would your view have been that we would have won 24-9?

The game between Argentina and Ireland could go either way. Events will happen before the game and during the game that will swing it one way or another. The beauty of sport is that we don't know what way a game like this will unfold.

I found my support for the team increasing with every injury blow they took and I have to say I was really proud of them yesterday. I cant wait for Sunday and hope that the support for the team will grow to an even higher crescendo both inside and outside the stadium.

I've said France were crap from the start.

This idea that NZ won't beat them by 20-30 points at the weekend truly proves rugby is the ultimate bandwagon sport in Ireland.

France are absolutely shite under PSA. When Guy Noves takes the job the proper values of French rugby will be restored.

A shocking outfit. Look at that lineout where Henderson drove Le Roux back 25 yards.

The French secondrow takes the lineout and instead of pivoting himself as the fulcrum of the ensueing maul he hands the ball to an underpowered number 7 who hadn't even attached himself to the maul.

You wouldn't see that in AIL dIV 4

Keyser soze

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 12, 2015, 12:56:28 PM
I think you're doing a Dublin v Mayo, and Dublin v Kerry on it. When Ireland win, maybe with Sean O'Brien getting off beforehand, you'll be on uar.com.ar telling all the Argentinian lads that we own them, and they don't have any natural backs :)

Hahahahaha very good.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 12, 2015, 01:05:08 PM
To divert for a while, something has to happen in Rugby rules. How could any parent watch that yesterday and wave little Johnny off to rugby training tonight? I know it's a different level, but international rugby is the flagship of the professional game. I've seen the same thing over and over again at Thomond Park as well. It's just unreal the hits and the physicality. The size of the players, and the punishment they are dishing out and taking is just gone beyond the beyond now. That yesterday, and other games at this world cup, is just not sustainable. Forget concussions, the sheer toll on a lad's body, for f*ck all money when you compare it to soccer, is just not right.
I will worry about it when my lads get older (if they are still interested). The World Cup has been heartening to a certain extent that the crocodile roll has been almost stamped out by the referees and I have seen a few lads pulled on doing a Superman dive through a ruck whilst bound to feck all. Having said that the pounding of the teams defending their try line in the match yesterday and Aussies v Wales the night before would make you want to lie in a darkened room  :o

AZOffaly

Sorry, Tony, that read slightly more 'pontificating' than I meant. I understand people encouraging their kids to play any sport, and all sport. I should have left the 'Will someone think of the children' out of it.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 12, 2015, 02:04:50 PM
Sorry, Tony, that read slightly more 'pontificating' than I meant. I understand people encouraging their kids to play any sport, and all sport. I should have left the 'Will someone think of the children' out of it.
It didn't read that way to me and I know you weren't questioning the parenting skills of someone sending their children to rugby. What you wrote made sense and it does give pause for thought but I have a few years grace before telling them to take up knitting or golf  :D

johnneycool

Rhys Ruddock on his way as cover for O'Mahony.

screenexile

Quote from: INDIANA on October 12, 2015, 12:49:54 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on October 12, 2015, 12:37:47 PM
Watched a bit of Argentina. Didn't think they were that impressive against Georgia or Tonga.Against the All Black, you'd expect a performance. They are playing them every year now, twice, and it was the first game of the tournament when New Zealand would only be getting going.

Ireland have been ramping up, the fixtures have fallen lovely for them, and the second half against France was their best so far. Anything near that level will beat Argentina.

Just have to disagree I think we're going to lose on Sunday

Sanchez- Hernandez- Bosch with Imoff in the back 3 is a much better backline then ours in my opinion

With the two pack leaders gone and possibly SOB it's going to be very difficult. They'll pick Madigan off as well and force him to start thinking which is never a good thing and he's an instinctive player and not a thinker

Its very easy to see reading the media today that

a) They don't watch the Rugby Championship

b) Haven't watched the WC to date

c) Have no idea what clubs the Argentina players play for

I think if Sexton plays we'll eke a narrow in. If he doesn't we'll lose in my view

The media maybe don't but I think Schmidt has a fairly good idea of what we're up against . . .

http://www.sportsjoe.ie/rugby/joe-schmidt-had-reporters-laughing-with-his-361-word-answer-about-argentina/43849

deiseach

Quote from: INDIANA on October 12, 2015, 01:14:43 PM
You wouldn't see that in AIL dIV 4

There's got to be a better rugger equivalent of "you wouldn't see that in the Phoenix Park" than this.

Bingo

Indiana is wasted posting on a message board. He should really be involved in the Irish set up.

deiseach

If anyone can come up with a rationale for how Sean O'Brien is not only innocent, but a victim, Indiana can.

AZOffaly

Where's the guy that did the slow-mo video, with all the arrows and taglines, of the Diarmuid Connolly incident? That's the man for the job.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 12, 2015, 03:07:09 PM
Where's the guy that did the slow-mo video, with all the arrows and taglines, of the Diarmuid Connolly incident? That's the man for the job.
http://soberpaddy.com/should-dermot-connolly-have-been-sent-off/#more-2167

Sean O'Brien 'powered sideways' to rescue himself...

AZOffaly

That's the guy that used to be a sub goalie for Dublin! He went off the rails for a while and is back on track now. A good story actually. Anyway, get him to do up another one of them and we'll be sound.