Rugby world cup 2015

Started by rrhf, September 13, 2015, 09:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiempo

Quote from: Puckoon on October 11, 2015, 07:03:42 PM
Anyone seen the clip of O'Brien tagging the French guy in the gut? Bound to be cited for that, no?

It was a yellow card offence, be a total joke if he is cited and banned

INDIANA

Argies by 10 next week. We'd be doing well to beat them with a full whack.

Sanchez and Hernandez are a different kettle of fish to Flaky Freddie and Fatsteauraud.

O Brien is a very silly boy I'm afraid

tiempo

Quote from: stew on October 11, 2015, 07:30:15 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 11, 2015, 07:22:57 PM
For all of O'Connell's leadership and presence, not to mention line-out & maul work, we have Henderson, Toner and a fit again Donnacha Ryan as cover in the 2nd row. They will do damage against any team.

O'Mahony & potentially O'Brien out of the back row would be a massive loss though.

All true, that said I am delighted Ireland played the way they did today, the game plan was outstanding, we won some great lineouts and for the most part controlled the game, we need to rest, heal, study and focus on the next opponent, Ireland have this!

Nearly schpat out me cornflakes there lad, good one

thewobbler

Quote from: INDIANA on October 11, 2015, 07:36:27 PM

Sanchez and Hernandez are a different kettle of fish to Flaky Freddie and Fatsteauraud.

You're infected with stage 4 negativity. Argentina aren't as good as France, no matter what way you add it up, and Ireland battered France tonight.

stew

Quote from: tiempo on October 11, 2015, 07:37:28 PM
Quote from: stew on October 11, 2015, 07:30:15 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 11, 2015, 07:22:57 PM
For all of O'Connell's leadership and presence, not to mention line-out & maul work, we have Henderson, Toner and a fit again Donnacha Ryan as cover in the 2nd row. They will do damage against any team.

O'Mahony & potentially O'Brien out of the back row would be a massive loss though.

All true, that said I am delighted Ireland played the way they did today, the game plan was outstanding, we won some great lineouts and for the most part controlled the game, we need to rest, heal, study and focus on the next opponent, Ireland have this!

Nearly schpat out me cornflakes there lad, good one

Ireland will be in the semi finals, injured players lends opportunity to squad players and our replacements are more than adequate.

I had Ireland at 3-1 today to beat le bleu by 10 or more, you gotta believe!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

INDIANA

Quote from: thewobbler on October 11, 2015, 07:42:59 PM

You're infected with stage 4 negativity. Argentina aren't as good as France, no matter what way you add it up, and Ireland battered France tonight.

Em Argentina beat France in paris last november. They are miles better.

That's the worst French team I've ever seen in my life. PSA should have been sacked pre -tournament. Just watch the AB's carve them to pieces next Saturday

StGallsGAA

QuoteArgies by 10 next week. We'd be doing well to beat them with a full whack.

You're infected with stage 4 negativity. Argentina aren't as good as France, no matter what way you add it up, and Ireland battered France tonight.rgies by 10 next week. We'd be doing well to beat them with a full whack.

He's a Dublin GAA supporter.  Negativity is their upbringing.

INDIANA

Quote from: StGallsGAA on October 11, 2015, 08:29:16 PM
QuoteArgies by 10 next week. We'd be doing well to beat them with a full whack.

You're infected with stage 4 negativity. Argentina aren't as good as France, no matter what way you add it up, and Ireland battered France tonight.rgies by 10 next week. We'd be doing well to beat them with a full whack.

He's a Dublin GAA supporter.  Negativity is their upbringing.

Winning is our strapline. You left that bit out ;)

Syferus

Quote from: INDIANA on October 11, 2015, 07:51:21 PM

That's the worst French team I've ever seen in my life. PSA should have been sacked pre -tournament. Just watch the AB's carve them to pieces next Saturday

Hernandez is 33 now.

Henshaw the obvious star of the four centres that will start. Exceptional today.

Aaron Boone

We all knew there'd be injuries in the squad, but not that many in one game.

Wildweasel74

I go with the heavies in the back row next time out with the injuries, Move Henderson to 6, Henry go at 7, bring in Ryan at Lock, leaves damn all on the bench though

INDIANA

Quote from: Syferus on October 11, 2015, 08:44:40 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on October 11, 2015, 07:51:21 PM

Hernandez is 33 now.

Henshaw the obvious star of the four centres that will start. Exceptional today.

Played well did Robbie today aside from the 3 silly grubber kicks tried when there was men outside him. He's not in Hernadez's league yet though

ONeill

How big of a loss is O'Connell? Apart from vast big-game experience, and bearing in mind he's a player about to retire, will possible replacements offer the same and more?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

screenexile

Quote from: ONeill on October 11, 2015, 11:50:31 PM
How big of a loss is O'Connell? Apart from vast big-game experience, and bearing in mind he's a player about to retire, will possible replacements offer the same and more?

Talking about his loss I'd say  terms of leadership on the field I'd say a fair bit. General play well I thought Henderson's second half was much better than O'Connell's first.

I reckon we need Sexton and O'Brien in the near games more than O'Connell so it will be an interesting week.

We were immense today. Never gave the frogs a sniff of the line and played intelligent powerful rugby. Henshaw was my MOTM although O'Brien also had a spectacular game.

The Argies will be another step up it'll be interesting to see how we will line up for it given injuries/tactics.

Schmidt showed his worth today. France threw everything at us from the start and our defence never looked like conceding a try.

ONeill

Argentina around 2/1 to win.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.