Dublin v Kerry AI final 20th September 2015

Started by orangeman, September 05, 2015, 06:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb81

Geaney fro Donaghy the correct call imo..
There wont be much in it, if Kerry can keep it tight and stay with Dublin who I think will come out all guns blazing, and somewhat curtail McMenamin when he comes on I think they will win by 3 or 4, using the experience they have on the bench ( 24 All Ireland Medals + i think ). If McMenamin has an impact I can see it being very tight and possibly a draw or a last minute Cluxton / Sheehan free to win it.

highorlow

QuoteI'd be guessing O'Se's being left out because of his lack of pace these days,but why put O' Mahony in there? Will they play both? One sitting just in front of the fullback?

I heard he had a tweak with his hammer.

There was talk during the week that Tommy Walsh would start. Could be the case yet.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

whorelindub

Quote from: WT4E on September 18, 2015, 08:53:46 AM
Lads need some advice heading to Dublin Saturday night staying in a friends house - want to sample the atmosphere out and about on saturday for a short time - one of the mates bringing his 10year old and I think it would be nice for him to see the buzz about the city late evening. Where would be best to go to? Somewhere in O'Connell street? Would like somewhere where I could have a couple of beers - probably a hotel would be best I was thinking as I don't think the 10yo would get into coppers!  ;D

O Connell st  on a.Saturday night is too rough for a ten year old. Head for the croke park hotel. That will be lively and often seems to have kids around. Mick Wallaces.restaurant just up jones rd.is a.great Italian if.your looking for grub and caters.for.kids too.

Boycey

Quote from: whorelindub on September 18, 2015, 03:03:43 PM
Quote from: WT4E on September 18, 2015, 08:53:46 AM
Lads need some advice heading to Dublin Saturday night staying in a friends house - want to sample the atmosphere out and about on saturday for a short time - one of the mates bringing his 10year old and I think it would be nice for him to see the buzz about the city late evening. Where would be best to go to? Somewhere in O'Connell street? Would like somewhere where I could have a couple of beers - probably a hotel would be best I was thinking as I don't think the 10yo would get into coppers!  ;D

O Connell st  on a.Saturday night is too rough for a ten year old. Head for the croke park hotel. That will be lively and often seems to have kids around. Mick Wallaces.restaurant just up jones rd.is a.great Italian if.your looking for grub and caters.for.kids too.

Not sure of the location of the OPs lodgings but you could do worse than spent a couple of hours in the late afternoon/evening at the Kilmacud 7s. I think the final is scheduled usually between 6 and 7PM and there is always a good buzz around it til about 9PM.

Many the happy evenings we had at it before heading on to a messy night in town....

Syferus

Quote from: yellowcard on September 18, 2015, 12:33:14 AM
O'Se is a big loss for Kerry and I think Dublin will target O'Mahoney who is a potential weak link if left isolated inside against any of the Dublin forwards. The only Dublin forward O'Mahoney would suit will be Rock who can be a passenger from play quite often. As the game gets closer it's harder to split these 2 sides, I wouldn't rule out a draw here.

I'd be very surprised if O'Mahony man marks anyone. He sits as the sweeper in front of the FB line mostly.

Declan

Ticket hunt continues. Enjoy the match lads.#COYBIB

Armamike

11 whole pages. Dublin and Kerry ones keeping their cards close.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Rossfan

If it had only been Tymoan v Mayowestros.............
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Sticking to my guns after the semis. Kerry to win, but it will be close. At least I hope it will anyway.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 18, 2015, 06:54:13 PM
Sticking to my guns after the semis. Kerry to win, but it will be close. At least I hope it will anyway.

The one result I can't see is a runaway Kerry win. Too much scoring on the Dublin bench for that to happen.

An Watcher

No disrespect to either side but is it just me or is this final pairing lacking something.  The best two teams in the country but without a mayo, donegal or tyrone, II'm not really looking forward to this like other years.  Maybe it's because both teams have so many titles

omaghjoe

No MDM :o

Fenton's a great player but you'd still reckon MD would get the nod over Bastick

Will feature no doubt of course

Hound

Quote from: omaghjoe on September 19, 2015, 12:33:43 AM

Fenton's a great player but you'd still reckon MD would get the nod over Bastick

Gavin usually gives numbers 1 to 15 to the lads who started the previous game. It may be the same starting line up for the final, or it may not, so we're still none the wiser really.

I'd be surprised if MDMA doesn't start

Seamus

Quote from: hardstation on September 19, 2015, 12:41:01 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on September 19, 2015, 12:33:43 AM

Nothing unusual for the Dubs sure they always start their best player (McMenamin) on the bench.

Who is this McMenamin guy everyone seem to be talking about? Is it the same Kevin McMenamin that played for Donegal in the noughties?
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".