Dublin v Kerry AI final 20th September 2015

Started by orangeman, September 05, 2015, 06:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: PW Nally on September 11, 2015, 01:23:15 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 10, 2015, 08:45:20 PM
Quote from: Canalman on September 10, 2015, 04:41:05 PM
Would fear for our full back line tbh. Might be changes there on a horses for courses basis with Fitzsimons to come in.

Very big game for both counties imo. Dublin on the cusp of being our greatest ever team with Kerry anxious to dispel the "soft All Ireland winners" moniker. For them losing to Dublin 3 times in a row would be downright shameful.

At least the guff of "Yerra shur we love the Dubs" won't be aired. Last 2 defeats rankle down there.

Kerry by 4 I think.

Current team has a bit to go to beat the 70's team in my opinion
70s the time you won all your All-Irelands? :-\

Would explain my bias ! . However that Dublin team beat the best team of all time three times . Not sure the current crew can claim that

Syferus

Quote from: INDIANA on September 11, 2015, 03:22:12 PM
Would fear for our full back line tbh. Might be changes there on a horses for courses basis with Fitzsimons to come in.

Very big game for both counties imo. Dublin on the cusp of being our greatest ever team with Kerry anxious to dispel the "soft All Ireland winners" moniker. For them losing to Dublin 3 times in a row would be downright shameful.

At least the guff of "Yerra shur we love the Dubs" won't be aired. Last 2 defeats rankle down there.

Kerry by 4 I think.

Would explain my bias ! . However that Dublin team beat the best team of all time three times . Not sure the current crew can claim that

Kerry Weere no where near their height in the 70s. A bit facetious to call those teams the greatest ever. Dublin were the big dogs in most of those matches, and they lost one of them to that team when they were a bunch of tikes.

AZOffaly

And anyway, that Kerry team was shite , right Syferus? :)

From the Bunker

Kerry by 4 I think.

Did they beat them three times?

Canalman

Kerry by 4 I think.

"only" beat them twice. Fairly hammered by them the other 3 times.

If (and I am indulging myself here) Dublin win this year, imo they will have the right to call themselves the best ever Dublin team.

Lose as looks likely ,again imo, they won't.

INDIANA

Quote from: Canalman on September 11, 2015, 03:30:18 PM

Kerry by 4 I think.

If (and I am indulging myself here) Dublin win this year, imo they will have the right to call themselves the best ever Dublin team.

I just don't see what great sides the current team has beaten . A lot of the players involved spent  their time getting their arses handed to them by Kerry and Tyrone . This is not a stellar year in terms of quality . Neither was 2013. Arguably can claim 2011 as it was still a very good Kerry side.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

imtommygunn

Quote from: INDIANA on September 11, 2015, 04:19:17 PM

Kerry by 4 I think.

I just don't see what great sides the current team has beaten . A lot of the players involved spent  their time getting their arses handed to them by Kerry and Tyrone . This is not a stellar year in terms of quality . Neither was 2013. Arguably can claim 2011 as it was still a very good Kerry side.

How many of the current dublin team have been on teams beaten by Tyrone in the championship? There wouldn't be very many surely? I'm sure at most 3 or 4?

INDIANA

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 11, 2015, 04:30:12 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 11, 2015, 04:19:17 PM

Kerry by 4 I think.

How many of the current dublin team have been on teams beaten by Tyrone in the championship? There wouldn't be very many surely? I'm sure at most 3 or 4?

10 from the 2009 hiding by Kerry between starters and guys who came on.

Shrewdness

If the history books repeat themselves, Kerry will win the All Ireland, and here's the reason why......In 1955, Dublin and Mayo drew in the semi final, Dublin won the replay, Kerry won the All Ireland....30 Years later in 1985, Dublin and Mayo drew in the semi final, Dublin again won the replay, and Kerry won the All Ireland.....Another 30 years later in 2015, Dublin and Mayo again drew the semi final, Dublin again won the replay, and........

INDIANA

Quote from: Shrewdness on September 11, 2015, 08:59:02 PM
If the history books repeat themselves, Kerry will win the All Ireland, and here's the reason why......In 1955, Dublin and Mayo drew in the semi final, Dublin won the replay, Kerry won the All Ireland....30 Years later in 1985, Dublin and Mayo drew in the semi final, Dublin again won the replay, and Kerry won the All Ireland.....Another 30 years later in 2015, Dublin and Mayo again drew the semi final, Dublin again won the replay, and........

you're 3 weeks out of date. i posted that weeks ago

The Hill is Blue

You've been talking to Mystic Meg?
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

ashman

Quote from: INDIANA on September 11, 2015, 09:01:01 PM

you're 3 weeks out of date. i posted that weeks ago

You could not possibly done so !! 3 weeks ago dublin and mayo had not met in the 2015 semi final , let alone drew & let also dublin winning the replay !!!!

Change your name to Nostradamus

blanketattack

Kerry also beat Dublin in 1925 but it was as part of the 1924 All-Ireland that got delayed. That time Kerry beat Mayo in the semi final.

Aaron Boone

Plus Kerry win 1 in every 3 All-Ireland's and they have a fantastic team this year.