Disciplinary hearings are destroying the game

Started by thewobbler, September 05, 2015, 06:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

The counties themselves need to take responsibility for this for appealing these clearcut decisions in the first place.
Mayo and dublin this year and Tyrone, kerry and others inches past.
No one seems to be able to say,  fair cop and and take a justified suspension.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

INDIANA

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 05, 2015, 09:47:53 AM
The counties themselves need to take responsibility for this for appealing these clearcut decisions in the first place.

No they don't the GAA needs to take responsibility for never rewriting the Disciplinary Rulebook despite promising to do so on several occasions.
The buck stops with them

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: INDIANA on September 05, 2015, 09:51:47 AM

No they don't the GAA needs to take responsibility for never rewriting the Disciplinary Rulebook despite promising to do so on several occasions.
The buck stops with them
So you think Dublin were right to appeal this?
And mayo right to appeal keanes?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

mikehunt

One way around it is to send the player off in the next game, nail them for every little infraction. That'll stop all these appeals if you know you'll be down to 14. Either that or rewrite the rules and procedures. I prefer the former. 

REDCOL

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 05, 2015, 09:56:22 AM

The buck stops with them

It is my information that the Mayo management did not want to appeal Kevin Keanes Red Card. He made it very clear that it was his decision and his decision alone if he would appeal.

ashman

The buck stops with them

They are right to appeal if you apply the twisted logic of a lance Armstrong, i.e every inch taken , my rival is at it etc...... There are no saints here.  The GAA is a big money matter now and every advantage is sought.   

For the first time in my life I care very little for inter county GAA.  I frankly care little who wins all Ireland . 

CK_Redhand

Who would want to be a ref?  Correct decisions undermined by lawyers and appeals commitees. The rulebook needs a rewrite before the GAA becomes even more of a laughing stock

Chimley

Quote from: REDCOL on September 05, 2015, 10:02:15 AM

The buck stops with them

It is my information that the Mayo management did not want to appeal Kevin Keanes Red Card. He made it very clear that it was his decision and his decision alone if he would appeal.

And the fact that he did not get a run the last day might back that up. He has done us a disservice if that is the case.

AZOffaly

Serious question lads. When was the last suspension actually upheld? I said earlier i wouldnt be surprised if he got off because it is such a shambles but it is the wrong decision.

ashman

Quote from: CK_Redhand on September 05, 2015, 10:05:26 AM
Who would want to be a ref?  Correct decisions undermined by lawyers and appeals commitees. The rulebook needs a rewrite before the GAA becomes even more of a laughing stock

To be fair the DRA won't say the ref was wrong .  Their beef is how would the case stand up if juxtaposed to a legal scenario. 

heffo

The buck stops with them

Dublin were 100% right to appeal it.

screenexile

Quote from: heffo on September 05, 2015, 10:23:16 AM

The buck stops with them

Dublin were 100% right to appeal it.

No they weren't! Just because everyone else does it is not a viable excuse!

trileacman

Bit of a disgrace when you can drag a man to the ground, beat the head of him with a ref, a linesman, 80,000 spectators and a fair chunk of the viewing public as witnesses and get off scot free.

What kind of message does it send when a guy convicted of assault can go around digging it into players on the GAA field with impunity? Disgusting.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Rossfan

Might as well do away with refs and let a Judge and 2 lawyers run games.
Appalling vista time has arrived.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

twohands!!!

Think about the reaction of every GAA referee and every potential GAA referee in the land when they heard this.

When the GAA's disciplinary procedures seem to undermine them at every single turn, is it any wonder that refereeing standards aren't higher.

The GAA disciplinary process just constantly kicks referees in the teeth as opposed to supporting them.