Minimum age to play senior football 2016

Started by JoG2, September 03, 2015, 08:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhailov

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 04, 2015, 01:02:47 PM
Don't know about other counties. Mayo seem to have something along those lines.

AZ, after reading the various replies to my original post then you are correct regarding the age limit but I honestly think there is also a rule whereby a county minor can NOT play for his club until his county minor season is OVER - this comes in next year 2016. I know a local club to us who have 2 lads playing senior now at 17 but as they will be county minors next year, they will NOT be allowed to play according to reports!!. not sure how true this is but this was my main point in my original post.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Mikhailov on September 04, 2015, 01:43:13 PM

AZ, after reading the various replies to my original post then you are correct regarding the age limit but I honestly think there is also a rule whereby a county minor can NOT play for his club until his county minor season is OVER - this comes in next year 2016. I know a local club to us who have 2 lads playing senior now at 17 but as they will be county minors next year, they will NOT be allowed to play according to reports!!. not sure how true this is but this was my main point in my original post.
You are 100% correct about the county minors not be able to play senior until county season over

mrhardyannual

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on September 04, 2015, 06:39:08 PM

Except for championship games , which are not covered by the new rule.
You are 100% correct about the county minors not be able to play senior until county season over

Itchy

Quote from: mrhardyannual on September 04, 2015, 09:15:29 PM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on September 04, 2015, 06:39:08 PM

Except for championship games , which are not covered by the new rule.

Are you saying a minor can play club championship for his clubs senior team but not league? Where does it say that in the rule?

CD

If a player's good enough they're old enough! I made my debut at 15 (intermediate) whilst playing juvenile, minor, school and for a local soccer team. I regularly played reserves and seniors in my first couple of seasons having played 90 minutes of soccer on a Saturday and I kept that going until I was 22, adding Gaelic and soccer for the university and three trips a week home for training. I was never county standard but played colleges and have an all Ireland medal. Been all downhill since that though!  :)
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

manfromdelmonte

Hold on
So we could have been playing 17 year olds this year?

LaurelEye

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on September 05, 2015, 08:37:02 PM
Hold on

Yes.

The rule in regard to County minors not playing club league football until the County minor team exited the championship was in force this year. (They could still play club championship football.)

Next year, however, players will not be allowed play adult league or championship for a club unless they turn 18 in the calendar year.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: LaurelEye on September 06, 2015, 10:41:39 PM
Hold on

Yes.

The rule in regard to County minors not playing club league football until the County minor team exited the championship was in force this year. (They could still play club championship football.)

Next year, however, players will not be allowed play adult league or championship for a club unless they turn 18 in the calendar year.
our club officers need to be taken outside and something done to them

AZOffaly

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on September 07, 2015, 04:52:14 PM
Quote from: LaurelEye on September 06, 2015, 10:41:39 PM
Hold on

Yes.

our club officers need to be taken outside and something done to them

Maybe your county brought in an additional by law? Did any other clubs you played against play their county minors?