Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 05, 2016, 03:43:38 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on March 05, 2016, 02:55:55 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on March 05, 2016, 01:46:37 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on March 05, 2016, 12:04:23 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 05, 2016, 11:23:21 AM
One code?
Ros played Armagh in the Rackard final last year, we also had minor and U21 hurling teams.
Most of our football panel at u21 and senior are based outside the County so travel costs quite a bit as the bus can't gather everyone at the one time.

I'd say the football costs dwarves the hurling costs in both these counties.

Huge money being pumped into these counties who underachieved last year. Roscommon have their own bus which means their travel expenses should be significantly less than other counties.
you're right.
Roscommon need a personal taxi for each player living in dublin, galway or wherever for training during the week

You seem to be of the opinion Roscommon are unique, they're not, every county has these problems. Roscommon lads on here love to make excuses as to why they haven't made any imprint on championship football in recent years.

The bottom line is Roscommon have one of the highest expenses of a predominant football county and they havery thus far failed to deliver.

You seem to have awful set against Roscommon for some reason did some rossie on here hurt your feelings about something they said about Tyrone.

Plenty on that list that has spent big and underachived in the championship however they aren't holding their own in division one like Roscommon.

The way some of your lads behaved after they took a fair and square beating last year was disgraceful. I would say a lot of them have shown themselves to be hypocrites since then. Nobody likes a hypocrite, especially when they display a baseless arrogance when running away from their conflictions.

Rossfan

Tyrone are the cleanest, fairest most honest team that ever played Gaelic football at Minor u21 or Senior.
They never once cheated ever.
None if them ever fell when their hair was tossed.
Whenever they get an unfair free they always kick it wide.

Happy now?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on March 05, 2016, 04:03:28 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 05, 2016, 03:43:38 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on March 05, 2016, 02:55:55 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on March 05, 2016, 01:46:37 PM
One code?
Ros played Armagh in the Rackard final last year, we also had minor and U21 hurling teams.
Most of our football panel at u21 and senior are based outside the County so travel costs quite a bit as the bus can't gather everyone at the one time.

Huge money being pumped into these counties who underachieved last year. Roscommon have their own bus which means their travel expenses should be significantly less than other counties.
you're right.
Roscommon need a personal taxi for each player living in dublin, galway or wherever for training during the week

You seem to be of the opinion Roscommon are unique, they're not, every county has these problems. Roscommon lads on here love to make excuses as to why they haven't made any imprint on championship football in recent years.

The bottom line is Roscommon have one of the highest expenses of a predominant football county and they havery thus far failed to deliver.

You seem to have awful set against Roscommon for some reason did some rossie on here hurt your feelings about something they said about Tyrone.

Plenty on that list that has spent big and underachived in the championship however they aren't holding their own in division one like Roscommon.

The way some of your lads behaved after they took a fair and square beating last year was disgraceful. I would say a lot of them have shown themselves to be hypocrites since then. Nobody likes a hypocrite, especially when they display a baseless arrogance when running away from their conflictions.
This is online discussion board with conflicting views and can be heavily populated by wums. Don't be so damn fragile.

Throw ball

One code?

Just because Tyrone hurlers don't get as much support does not mean this is the case in other counties.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Throw ball on March 05, 2016, 04:31:33 PM
One code?

Just because Tyrone hurlers don't get as much support does not mean this is the case in other counties.
Exactly
They're true Gaels in Roscommon. Support both codes

Syferus

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on March 05, 2016, 06:50:16 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on March 05, 2016, 04:31:33 PM
One code?

Exactly
They're true Gaels in Roscommon. Support both codes

The hurlers are up to Christy Ring now. For such a small pick they usually punch way above their weight.

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on March 05, 2016, 04:14:37 PM
Tyrone are the cleanest, fairest most honest team that ever played Gaelic football at Minor u21 or Senior.
They never once cheated ever.
None if them ever fell when their hair was tossed.

Does this not falling also include those without hair?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

rosnarun

Let him without hair throw the first Elbow .
and he usually did
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

smelmoth

Questions asked about the money spent in Roscommon and Armagh. The Rossies are fighting back with some answers. What about Armagh? Who got the money? And what did we get for it?

Michael Schmeichal

Do you mind me asking where you got this info?

One thing that stands out is that all the talk about Dublin buying all Irelands is nonsense. When you take into account that the minor hurlers and u21 footballers both reached an All Ireland Semi FInal along with both Senior Teams going well I;d say we are spending less than a lot of counties proportionally.

Rossfan

Sure all ye're players live within a few miles of the training and playing centres.

Michael Schmeichal

Quote from: Rossfan on March 09, 2016, 11:13:04 AM
Sure all ye're players live within a few miles of the training and playing centres.

We don't have a training centre, Or a bus for that matter!

Rossfan

Quote from: the_daddy on March 09, 2016, 01:37:33 PM
Quote from: Michael Schmeichal on March 09, 2016, 12:36:22 PM

I think the point he's making is that the single biggest expense in every other county is player mileage
Spot on.
I'm sure they all train together somewhere and they don't need a bus with all that taxpayer subsidised public transport around them.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Rossfan on March 09, 2016, 03:55:27 PM

I think the point he's making is that the single biggest expense in every other county is player mileage
Spot on.
I'm sure they all train together somewhere and they don't need a bus with all that taxpayer subsidised public transport around them.

Since 2013 it's not like they've played 38 out of 48 League and Championship games at home or anything...
#newbridgeornowhere

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on March 09, 2016, 03:55:27 PM

Spot on.

And pretty much all come back to play for their clubs too. It takes an incredible level of dedication to be an IC footballer in 2016 and even more to be an IC footballer from the west living in Dublin, as a large portion of our players are.