End Game for Mickey?

Started by Bo Man, September 02, 2015, 01:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cletus Fox

I hold Mickey Harte responsible for leading football down the path it has gone since he was appointed in 2003.The sooner the Tymoanies stab him in the back the better.

Gabriel_Hurl

BennyHarp

Quote from: twohands!!! on September 04, 2015, 01:29:06 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 03, 2015, 09:44:56 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on September 03, 2015, 08:43:00 PM
Losing to Kerry in a game Tyrone never really looked liked winning looks like it will be what keeps Harte in situ.

The thing is I just can't see Tyrone pushing on next year in terms of seriously challenging for Sam so it's very hard to know if sticking with Harte or bringing in a new broom would be the better option.

You do realise that the Kerry game was an All Ireland semi final? Only 3 other counties got that far you know!

And who did they beat to get there - the sum total of feck all. Getting to a semi-final is one thing when a team playing well beats serious contenders to get there, a whole different kettle of fish when it's struggling past average/below-average teams by a few points.

Monaghan were abysmal in the quarter, Tipp totally collapsed, and the less said about Meath and Limerick the better, because Tyrone performances against the two of them were hardly all that impressive.
The loss to Donegal in Ulster looks a lot less of a decent result than it did at the time, especially in light of Donegal's losses to Monaghan and Mayo.

Overall Tyrone played 10 games against Division 1 opposition this year and won 2 of them.  Both of those wins were against teams who had very bad days at the office, and indeed a strong case could be made that for both of the Division 1 teams their performances against Tyrone were both their worst performances of the year. If folk think, that's the form of a team who will be seriously challenging for Sam anytime soon, good luck to them but I'm not buying that notion.

Who had the hardest route to the semi final then? If Tyrone are so poor, do you feel Kerry aren't in an AI final on merit as they haven't beaten anyone of note along the way. Can you win an AI without playing anyone of note? Is everyone shite?

Remember, in the Div 1 games that you seem to want quote in once sense but ignore in another, such as Tyrones unbeaten record versus the "big 3" of Dublin, Mayo and Kerry. It was the Ulster teams they struggled against. Mickey turned that form around by the time the AI quarter final came around.

Nobody is saying Tyrone are the finished article, all I'm saying is that I think Mickey is the best man to continue the job.
That was never a square ball!!

Rodman

Quote from: Cletus Fox on September 04, 2015, 07:00:40 PM
I hold Mickey Harte responsible for leading football down the path it has gone since he was appointed in 2003.The sooner the Tymoanies stab him in the back the better.

and what path is that - the path to 3 All-irelands and the second most successful team in the country during his reign. Mickey will leave when he wins one more All-Ireland which will be sometime in next 3 years, maybe even next year.

armaghniac

Quote from: Rodman on September 04, 2015, 10:22:53 PM
and what path is that - the path to 3 All-irelands and the second most successful team in the country during his reign. Mickey will leave when he wins one more All-Ireland which will be sometime in next 3 years, maybe even next year.

If Tyrone win an All Ireland next year they should erect a large statue of Mickey Harte on the Ballygawley Roundabout.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

AZOffaly

Aaron Boone

It's hard to see him not there. He's a real star you know.

T Fearon

Ffs it would be more beneficial if they could cut the grass on Ballygawley roundabout

BallyroanAbu

Are Tyrone mad Harte not one bit likeable but no doubt still one of the great managers.  Monaghan have won two Ulsters in the last three years. 

Gaffer

He has to be interviewed for the job for next year.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

T Fearon

omaghjoe

Quote from: Gaffer on September 05, 2015, 12:17:22 AM
He has to be interviewed for the job for next year.

That a feckin disgrace

BennyCake

Gabriel_Hurl

Surely all Logan has to do is withdraw from consideration

Fear ón Srath Bán

There's competition for the position, so if the TCB were not to entertain a due process (of elimination) then they'd be open to all kinds of accusations of anointments.

Can't see what they can do, realistically, in this position, and Mickey Harte is no shrinking violet, he'll be fighting his corner with venom! ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...