End Game for Mickey?

Started by Bo Man, September 02, 2015, 01:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winghalfun

There was also a special dispensation in 2002 to allow him to continue managing Errigal Ciaran as well as Tyrone.
Errigal reached the All-Ireland club semi-finals in 2003.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Rois on September 03, 2015, 01:24:36 PM
We won the national league final in 2002 under MH.
I support him staying on if he helps make it a bit easier to be a Tyrone supporter.

Harte's first year was 2003

Art and Eugene were at the helm in 2002 - the defeat to Sligo in the Championship was the end of them

nrico2006

Harte was only appointed in the winter of 2002 and wasn't in charge when they won the league against Cavan in 2002. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

The Bearded One

I support him staying on if he helps make it a bit easier to be a Tyrone supporter.

Rois I don't think you are correct on that. We beat Cavan in 2002 League final under the Art/Eugene management team and went on to lose the qualifier game to Sligo later that summer.

For the record I also support Mickey Harte remaining as Tyrone manager and I don't see a viable alternative at present. I would like for Mickey to take the job on a rolling 1 year basis subject to review each October, I don't think that would be unreasonable in the circumstances.
It is what it is. Presumably.

AZOffaly

Quote from: The Bearded One on September 03, 2015, 01:43:57 PM

Rois I don't think you are correct on that. We beat Cavan in 2002 League final under the Art/Eugene management team and went on to lose the qualifier game to Sligo later that summer.

For the record I also support Mickey Harte remaining as Tyrone manager and I don't see a viable alternative at present. I would like for Mickey to take the job on a rolling 1 year basis subject to review each October, I don't think that would be unreasonable in the circumstances.

That's what I thought. I was at that Sligo game in Croker, and I was sure that was Art McCrory's era.

Rois

Fuzzman

Aaaahhhh I'm going mad here Rois

I changed it on Wiki to 2003, then read your post last page so changed it back to 2002 and now ye're all saying I was right that it was 2003.
In my head he was one of the many managers who won Sam in his first year.

I would be happy to give him one more year but not more. I really wanted a fresh face the last 3 or 4 years
The way he treats some of the players is very bad imho. Even players he used to get on well with like Mugsy and even Dooher I heard he had an incident with this year.

rosnarun

as an outsider i think Tyrone should be slow to get rid of Harte unless there is another compelling candidate and not just a big name. though a Big name eg Canavan could well inspire a team for a year of so IF he is a poor manger he would do more harm than good long term and next thing Tom Tommy Carrs and luke Dempseys phone ARE ringing
harteis not showing the sign of a manager wo is there too long,  as in players who served him well, are not being kept on years past their sell by date and he has showing a willingness to adapt his game a bit .
the only fly in the ointment i see is players who are next in line seem to be leaving the panel, there may be good reasons but it never a good sign
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Armamike

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 03, 2015, 01:38:56 PM
Harte was only appointed in the winter of 2002 and wasn't in charge when they won the league against Cavan in 2002.

Art and Eugene were booted out fairly sharpish after Armagh won the All-Ireland.   
That's just, like your opinion man.

mrhardyannual

It would be madness for Tyrone to dispense with Harte at this stage.

twohands!!!

Losing to Kerry in a game Tyrone never really looked liked winning looks like it will be what keeps Harte in situ.

The thing is I just can't see Tyrone pushing on next year in terms of seriously challenging for Sam so it's very hard to know if sticking with Harte or bringing in a new broom would be the better option.

BennyHarp

Quote from: twohands!!! on September 03, 2015, 08:43:00 PM
Losing to Kerry in a game Tyrone never really looked liked winning looks like it will be what keeps Harte in situ.

The thing is I just can't see Tyrone pushing on next year in terms of seriously challenging for Sam so it's very hard to know if sticking with Harte or bringing in a new broom would be the better option.

You do realise that the Kerry game was an All Ireland semi final? Only 3 other counties got that far you know!
That was never a square ball!!

God14

Mickey would be better walking away.

Problems all over the park to solve next year. In defence ronan mcnamee won't be available next year, that was his best performer this year. Needs to upgrade aidan mcrory -the kerry fans sat next to me in the hogan were mocking him the last day.
Midfield non existent. McNulty offers hope but far from a dominant figure
In the forwards the real problem lies. Sean close to walking away. Mcalliskey and McCurry too similar to form an all Ireland winning partnership. Scores hard to come by. Maybe McShane will offer something new next season but the best young attacking talent is either in Oz (conor mckenna) or not overly interested (Dan mcnulty)

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.