End Game for Mickey?

Started by Bo Man, September 02, 2015, 01:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Mickey has made Tyrone the most unpopular county in Ireland and his legacy will be the title,puke football.Sad,but surely his time is up.

stew

I hope the gobshites are stupid enough to put him out to pasture!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

SkillfulBill

Quote from: T Fearon on September 02, 2015, 07:38:21 PM
Mickey has made Tyrone the most unpopular county in Ireland and his legacy will be the title,puke football.Sad,but surely his time is up.

If I was you I would worry more about were money bags might take Armagh over the next few years instead of worrying about Mickeys legacy of 3 All Ireland senior titles national league titles ulsters All Ireland U21 and minor titles. I think Mickeys achievements will stand the test of time. Money bags on the other hand may not.

BennyHarp

The decision should boil down to the answer to one simple question. Is Mickey Harte the best man to take Tyrone Senior County football team in 2016?

The Sponsors, the County Chairperson's embarrassment earlier in the year, RTE, Southern Media etc should not come into it. I'd say for the vast majority of right thinking people, the answer to that question can only be yes.

There's a real sense that Tyrone are building again for a big push at the AI, if that is jeopardised by politics then some very serious questions will need to asked of those making the decisions.
That was never a square ball!!

T Fearon

Tyrone performed better in the semi final two years ago against Mayo but did nothing the following year.A change of direction is needed,which might sweep away the petulance,cynicism and boorishness with which Tyrone GAA has become synonymous.

Mickey should do what Jim Mc Corry did,walk away realising he's not wanted

Redhand Santa

Given the effort and success mickey Harte has brought to Tyrone he deserves better treatment than what currently is being given by the regime in the county board. Given the personal attacks by rte on him and subsequently some of our players I believe they deserve the right to choose whether to talk to rte. In an amateur sport it should not be a major factor in the decision of Tyrone management.

It's disappointing that by the sounds of it we have a chair who instead of backing out successful manager ever seems intent on making a name for herself and taking him on. Now that's based on what others are saying so I appreciate I could be wrong.

We've had a good summer and look in our best position going forward for years and I'd hate if that was jeopardised over some of field nonsense with rte who clearly have an agenda against the county anyway.  I believe the current squad is also very much behind the management team which is a bigger factor than the sponsor.

yellowcard

Does anybody seriously think a management team containing Dooher and Canavan will suddenly improve Tyrones PR? If Tyrone get rid of Harte it couldn't possibly be for footballing reasons.

rrhf

Quote from: Redhand Santa on September 02, 2015, 09:13:52 PM
Given the effort and success mickey Harte has brought to Tyrone he deserves better treatment than what currently is being given by the regime in the county board. Given the personal attacks by rte on him and subsequently some of our players I believe they deserve the right to choose whether to talk to rte. In an amateur sport it should not be a major factor in the decision of Tyrone management.

It's disappointing that by the sounds of it we have a chair who instead of backing out successful manager ever seems intent on making a name for herself and taking him on. Now that's based on what others are saying so I appreciate I could be wrong.

We've had a good summer and look in our best position going forward for years and I'd hate if that was jeopardised over some of field nonsense with rte who clearly have an agenda against the county anyway.  I believe the current squad is also very much behind the management team which is a bigger factor than the sponsor.
Is there a major issue here because call me stupid but I'm not hearing any major issues except an organisational meeting. Huge overreaction and a lot of gossip mongers.

Napper

Harte needs to say. Jordan should pack her bags because she's not capable of making a decision for herself. Any of the Club Tyrone outfit that don't like it should go step away as well. This is all about trying to dictate the shots.

rootthemout

Micky owes Tyrone football nothing and has been a great manager,Micky has had to reinvent the team and style of plan a few times in his management years and yes a semi final place looked good this year but people need to remember Tyrone were relegated,beat in first round Ulster and then a handy enough passage to 1/4 finals were they beat a below par Monaghan team,maybe time is right for Micky to walk away with pride and his all Ireland triumphs fresh in Tyrone memories or possibly stay and have people thinking like Armagh were this year that last years run to 1/4 finals we were going to the promised land again with our chosen manager who has come in for a lot of stick within Armagh this year.

Sandy Hill

Tyrone football has benefited from the involvement of M Harte; has he benefited at all from all of this? Just asking!
"Stercus accidit"

INDIANA

Quote from: rootthemout on September 02, 2015, 10:00:00 PM
Micky owes Tyrone football nothing and has been a great manager,Micky has had to reinvent the team and style of plan a few times in his management years and yes a semi final place looked good this year but people need to remember Tyrone were relegated,beat in first round Ulster and then a handy enough passage to 1/4 finals were they beat a below par Monaghan team,maybe time is right for Micky to walk away with pride and his all Ireland triumphs fresh in Tyrone memories or possibly stay and have people thinking like Armagh were this year that last years run to 1/4 finals we were going to the promised land again with our chosen manager who has come in for a lot of stick within Armagh this year.

Agreed I've cursed him more then most. But the man is a genius- unfortunately the knives are out. Even great men are forced out by gobshites eventually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SXWX6qg0y4

SkillfulBill

No surprise here. Mickey offered one year (face saver) by county board. Mickey wants 3 years (Mickey being Mickey) stand off someone has to back down. My guess Mickey goes. Would love to see him in place next year. Another 3 don't know about that. If Tyrone don't progress next year and mickey is sitting on another 2 years civil war could break out in the bushes and that would be a long time sorting out. For the good of the county He should take 1 year extension renewable for 2nd & 3rd by mutual consent. Mickey is at the old sack him or back him stance. Is that in the interest of Tyrone football ?

Whishtup

Mickey has been very loyal to the best servants of Tyrone football (possibly to the detriment of his own success) in recent years and I believe that Tyrone should be loyal to Mickey, all-ireland or not.  It would be nice to see that dignity still exists within the ruthless desire to achieve the ultimate goal.  After this year, where we were within  a flea's whisker of all ireland glory with an inexperienced team,  surely we'll give the man another 3 years to at least give this team a chance to taste success?

barelegs

Taking a step back, I think the offer of another year is fair. Looking at more that the last 6 weeks and looking at the last 5 years then things have a slightly different perspective. Tyrone have won nothing of note since 2010, when they won the Ulster championship, and haven't beaten one of the games powers since 2008. The 2014 season was an absolute shambles and the manager has to take a large portion of the blame for that. We were then relegated from Division 1 of the league at the beginning of this year.

In saying all that, this season was a lot more encouraging. The team was a lot more settled. It was better organised and they played to a system that the players believed in, something that had been missing in recent seasons. Young players were given extended runs in the side and the strength and conditioning area which had been belatedly addressed in the off season was starting to bear fruit. I'll give Mickey Harte plenty of credit for that.

If Mickey wants to stay on as manager he's got the option to stay on and build on the good work that was done this year. Should Tyrone produce another 2014 like shambles then the county board isn't tied into a longer deal. I think that's fair