AIFSF Replay Mayo v Dublin, Sat 5th Sept. HQ.

Started by highorlow, September 01, 2015, 10:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squire_in_navy_slacks

Hard luck Mayo bucks, I thought there were 2 serious brain farts today, sheamus OSheas choke hold, and your keeper lace tying, and then not putting his gloves back on properly, kicking the ball straight to us, and goal.......... Go easy on big Aidan, he can't do it all on his own, he is a fine player

Canalman

Commisserations to all Mayo posters on here. Can only imagine how hard it was to have the elation of last week's finish turned about face today.

Without benefit of watching game again I thought Brian Fenton was excellent. MDMA turned game on its head in the second half imo.

Mayo will rue that chance dropped into Cluxton's hands when I think 4 up.

Also I have to praise Cluxton on his strength of character today. Excellent today imo.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: The Trap on September 05, 2015, 11:21:52 PM
Someone said that O'connor was like McManus of Monaghan........not even close as McManus is a massive threat from play and O'connor simply isn't............great free taker and good footballer O'connor and vital to the team but not a match winning forward.......

He isn't fit, he needs a good 6 months rest but he's playing club and sigerson and county all year round
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

INDIANA

Quote from: Syferus on September 05, 2015, 11:40:08 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 05, 2015, 11:31:06 PM
Someone said that O'connor was like McManus of Monaghan........not even close as McManus is a massive threat from play and O'connor simply isn't............great free taker and good footballer O'connor and vital to the team but not a match winning forward.......

I thought that was O Connors best game for Mayo . And in fairness I can't stand him

It was Diarmuid O'Connor's best day alright. Far from Cillian O'Connor's though.

I thought he was good today. Both of them by far mayos best forwards

Aidan o se where is his best position

14 it aint

The Trap

Fair enough mayo forsam......look after him then because you need him going forward and unearth a couple of other good forwards.....I would love to see Mayo win it soon but unless they get a couple of quality forwards don't think it will happen....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Canalman on September 05, 2015, 11:55:06 PM
Commisserations to all Mayo posters on here. Can only imagine how hard it was to have the elation of last week's finish turned about face today.

Without benefit of watching game again I thought Brian Fenton was excellent. MDMA turned game on its head in the second half imo.

Mayo will rue that chance dropped into Cluxton's hands when I think 4 up.

Also I have to praise Cluxton on his strength of character today. Excellent today imo.

Why did Cluxton hold his face though after the O'Connor challenge?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Halfquarter

The dice is loaded.
Mayo have a six day turn around after the draw. A day travelling back to  Mayo plus a day returning back to Dublin, it's a joke , how can that be fair ?
Anyway fair play to Dublin and good luck against Kerry , I'm sure Kerry have burned the midnight oil syudying both games.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on September 05, 2015, 11:40:08 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 05, 2015, 11:31:06 PM

I thought that was O Connors best game for Mayo . And in fairness I can't stand him

It was Diarmuid O'Connor's best day alright. Far from Cillian O'Connor's though.
The young fella is some find alright.. one of the few positives to turn up this season. Cillian continues to perplex me. He has most of the attributes it takes to turn a good player into a great one but his tendency to get involved in scuffles and his lack of pace holds him back. The brother, by contrast, is nippy and to appears able to keep a cool head. For my money, he will be a better asset to Mayo than his big bro is at the moment.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

The Hill is Blue

Bad day for Mayo and I feel for all the Mayo posters on this board. I know it's a devastating feeling and it will feel even worse in the morning. But we GAA supporters are a resilient lot and once it moves into autumn and early winter we begin to look forward to next season and the sap begins to rise. We're all eternal optimists - we have to be.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Wildweasel74

Good game the day, Mayo fluffed the boat when in control and Dublin pushed hard in the last 15mins. i don't think they beat Kerry though unless they improve, the whole Connolly incident and getting off has overshadowed a very good game.

Said after the last day Mayo ain't got the forwards to win an all-ireland, Dublin has, nothing has changed in this regard

AMayoFan

Absolutely no complaints with yesterday loss ... Beaten by a better team on the day. On a lighter note, & off the ball, I saw Keegan pick of the ground and hand Connolly his drink. Just thought it was a nice gesture and for all the up roar with last week, it shows no hard feelings.

Dinny Breen

Hard luck Mayo, it's the hope, it will always be the hope...
#newbridgeornowhere

heffo

Commiserations Mayo.

Moran and Dillon are probably the only ones who'll pack it in, I still think you need a 'marquee forward'

Tubberman

Dublin the better team as the stats show, but we were in a great position after the goal and made a balls of it.
I haven't read back on the thread and don't intend to, so it's probably already been covered but I can't understand why Barry Moran was taken off for Freeman when we were ahead. Added to that Hennelly lost his composure and gifted them the first goal, put next one out over the sideline. Dublin capitialised on our shakiness and it was game over.
Best of luck in the final, great team and fine supporters for the most part (after the game at least)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Farrandeelin

True that Tubberman, also Parsons off near the end too. So we effectively finished the gwme without a functioning midfield. Madness.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.