AIFSF Replay Mayo v Dublin, Sat 5th Sept. HQ.

Started by highorlow, September 01, 2015, 10:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Expect the game to be far better than last weeks. I think both teams over-thought the game last week and went at with an attitude of not losing it rather than going out to win it. I expect both teams to throw the shackles off a bit more today though the hitting will still be serious.

Disappointed by the tone of some of the posting on this game and by the general atmosphere around the game. We seem to be over-analysing  stuff now with multiple photographic and video evidence being used to tarnish players who did a lot less than many lads in the past. Nothing happened on the field last week that 90% of lads who played football didn't do themselves at some point. It was pretty mild compared to what happened in the 70's, 80's and 90's for sure so calling lads thugs etc. is ridiculous and lads should temper their posts a bit.

There is an Ireland England rugby match, an All Ireland hurling final and two important Irish world cup qualifier matches on this weekend yet this game is overshadowing them all. Mayo and Dublin fans should be thankful they have teams that mean they are and will be in some of the biggest sporting occasions in Ireland year in year out. You have some of the best footballers of their generations and both of them deliver on the big stage year in year out. Enjoy it boys and girls, most of the rest of us would swap places with you in a heart beat.

JoG2

Quote from: Teo Lurley on September 05, 2015, 11:28:37 AM
I'm worried for Mayo today. I don't just mean on the scoreboard. Mayo players and fans, stay safe. Get the game over with and win or lose get out of Dublin sharpish.

I hear bears are attracted to your menstruation. Idiot

INDIANA

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on September 05, 2015, 01:56:42 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 05, 2015, 01:21:12 PM
Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on September 05, 2015, 01:19:00 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 05, 2015, 01:13:14 PM
Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on September 05, 2015, 12:47:32 PM
Have Dublin named a team yet? Who'll start instead of Rory O'Carroll? Has he left the hospital yet?

Dermo isn't in the 26 so you can rest easy.

Hope your lads had a good stay in the Johnstown House yesterday? Central Council paying for that too?

I didn't ask about Dermo. I asked about Rory O'Carroll, with his concussion and 10-12 stitches. Who will start ahead of him? Surprised there hasn't been more talked about this during the week, actually.

Rory is on his back from Lourdes. He's doing a fitness test with Pope Francis.

Oh thank God, thank God. I'm glad some good has come of all this awful business and that poor man is returned from Death's door. I've been praying for him all week. This is such a relief.

I'll pass on your concerns. He'll appreciate them.

How's Aidan's Fringe? Did it survive last week?

highorlow

Any truth about the dubs having to drop their sub goalie to facilitate diarmuid?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Zulu on September 05, 2015, 02:00:10 PM
Expect the game to be far better than last weeks. I think both teams over-thought the game last week and went at with an attitude of not losing it rather than going out to win it. I expect both teams to throw the shackles off a bit more today though the hitting will still be serious.

Disappointed by the tone of some of the posting on this game and by the general atmosphere around the game. We seem to be over-analysing  stuff now with multiple photographic and video evidence being used to tarnish players who did a lot less than many lads in the past. Nothing happened on the field last week that 90% of lads who played football didn't do themselves at some point. It was pretty mild compared to what happened in the 70's, 80's and 90's for sure so calling lads thugs etc. is ridiculous and lads should temper their posts a bit.

There is an Ireland England rugby match, an All Ireland hurling final and two important Irish world cup qualifier matches on this weekend yet this game is overshadowing them all. Mayo and Dublin fans should be thankful they have teams that mean they are and will be in some of the biggest sporting occasions in Ireland year in year out. You have some of the best footballers of their generations and both of them deliver on the big stage year in year out. Enjoy it boys and girls, most of the rest of us would swap places with you in a heart beat.
Mighty post, Zoo.
I agree with you 100%.
It's pity things got a wee bit out of hand on this thread but let's hope there will be no reason for acrimony after today's game. May it be a hard, manly game and I'll back whoever wins today the best of luck for the final.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

annapr

Quote from: INDIANA on September 05, 2015, 02:45:40 PM
Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on September 05, 2015, 01:56:42 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 05, 2015, 01:21:12 PM
Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on September 05, 2015, 01:19:00 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 05, 2015, 01:13:14 PM
Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on September 05, 2015, 12:47:32 PM
Have Dublin named a team yet? Who'll start instead of Rory O'Carroll? Has he left the hospital yet?

Dermo isn't in the 26 so you can rest easy.

Hope your lads had a good stay in the Johnstown House yesterday? Central Council paying for that too?

I didn't ask about Dermo. I asked about Rory O'Carroll, with his concussion and 10-12 stitches. Who will start ahead of him? Surprised there hasn't been more talked about this during the week, actually.

Rory is on his back from Lourdes. He's doing a fitness test with Pope Francis.

Oh thank God, thank God. I'm glad some good has come of all this awful business and that poor man is returned from Death's door. I've been praying for him all week. This is such a relief.

I'll pass on your concerns. He'll appreciate them.

How's Aidan's Fringe? Did it survive last week?
You've completely lost the plot   ;D

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

laoislad

Five minute delay, the Dub fans have to finish their cans of Dutch Gold first.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

imtommygunn

Fear ón Srath Bán

Referee letting plenty go, and the high ball into O'Shea not working , so far.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

orangeman

BennyHarp

Great start and some say COC doesn't contribute form play, great point.
That was never a square ball!!

imtommygunn

Mayo are a bit devoid of ideas once they get over the 45. Still doing well though.o'shea far better outfield.

orangeman

BennyHarp

Quote from: orangeman on September 05, 2015, 05:23:48 PM
A wee dive there from the big lad ?.

Ah come on, this is a class, fast paced game with some great scores - just enjoy it!!
That was never a square ball!!