USFC Round 1 : An Cabhan V An Dun

Started by Brick Tamlin, April 26, 2007, 12:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

Quote from: ONeill on May 15, 2007, 02:46:12 PM
Uladh may be a cretin of the lowest order but he's 100% spot on.

You know you love me really. well, you're afraid of me but that's a love of sorts...

amallon

Does anyone know why Cavan got to retake a free they had hit wide in the minor game?  Everyone around me thought it was because the Down goalie had shouted when the free taker was on his run up.  I've never seen this rule enforced before, is there such a rule?  I know you can't leap about in front of the free taker.

I thought the minors were guilty of a lot of time wasting in the last few minutes, this isn't good for the future of the game. 
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

cavanmaniac

Yeah didn't quite know why that re-take was ordered either although the Down lads didn't protest much. Puzzling alright.

As for...
Quote from: amallon on May 15, 2007, 03:12:10 PM
I thought the minors were guilty of a lot of time wasting in the last few minutes, this isn't good for the future of the game. 

...Cavan's minors were guilty of alot of opportunity-wasting and this isn't good for their game either. At least we keep an infamous tradition alive though... ::)

bcarrier

New Keeper
M Cole
D McCartan
B Grant
R Murtagh
D Rooney
J McGovern
J Lynch
D Gordon
S Kearney
A Carr
R Sexton
A defender - Dee rafferty is well equipped for the sweeping job if fit. Only success in sligo last year.
B Coulter
P McComiskey

BallyhaiseMan

The Free was retaken in the minor game because the Down Goalkeeper was shouting stuff trying to put the freetaker off.
Some referees allow this,some frown upon it.

downredblack

bc , Cant see Ross dropping Danny Hughes , It will click for him the next day .

Fionntamhnach

The curtain raiser will be the Quarter-Final of the Ulster Senior Ladies Football championship between Tyrone and Donegal, 2.30pm throw-in. Didn't mention it in my original post as you don't know who logs on here!

cavan4ever

Whats the story with Down/Monaghan minor game surely it should have been the curtain raiser the ulster council are making a big error there.

spiritof91and94

Apparently this minor game cant be played before the senior match as it isnt a scheduled fixtured and must be at a neutral venue! I am sure the Down/Monaghan lads would prefer to play before the replay as their would be more atmosphere etc.
But at the end of the day it is all about money and we have to accept this.
Down should boycott this fixture, if it was Tyrone or Armagh in this scenario they wouldnt stand for it.

Uladh

Lets be sensible here.

Monaghan minors have already given up home advantage so that the game isn't played during their lads' exams. you could hardly expect them to agree to go to the marshes to play in front of a partisan full house.

overdabar

why would down seniors have home advantage if they win and down minors not?

Uladh

5 Sams

I understand what overdabar is saying....if Down beat Cavan on Sunday they will play Monaghan at home in the qtr finals.....why do the minors not have the same advantage?

Unless of course quarter finals are played at a neutral venue...which I doubt given the row over Ballybofey.
The Aristocrat Years

overdabar

if down had of beat cavan in the seniors they had home game against monaghan, does it not work the same for the minors or are they all a neutral venue

downredblack

Bit of chat on HS about Benny being injured , anyone here anything on this ?