USFC Round 1 : An Cabhan V An Dun

Started by Brick Tamlin, April 26, 2007, 12:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colonel Cool

I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

Uladh

The original point was that down are crap, nothing to do with armagh.

You down boys hold onto your memories hard...

The usual down response when faced with the reality that they are shite....

Nobody's as good as we used to be!!!!

Uladh

:D

you couldn't make it up...

Nobody's as good as we used to be!!!

There is a song about you boys. It starts "Long long time ago, i can still remember....

Tyrone Dreamer

Why do the Armagh posters feel the need to bring every thread back to Armagh and their 6 ulster titles in 8 years? This thread was about discussing the start of the championship. Although neither team may be a genuine All Ireland contender at this point the game ahead is still very interesting with more questions than answers. Id give a hesitant tip to Down but that would be based on Carr hiding something during the league and saving the best for the championship. Thats a pritty big if though. The Down full forward line looks the strongest line on the pitch and could do some serious damage with the right ball. As usual a lot will depend on Benny Coulter who doesnt appear to be having the best of seasons. Their recent challenge game win over Louth did see an impressive score built up but who knows what team Louth had out or what frame of mind they were in. Id like to see the winner of this match go on and get to an ulster final. Cavan do have some decent options on the bench with Lyng being a potential match winner but this again raises another question - after so long out will he be able to come back in and produce at the top level.

mylestheslasher

Well since we are looking at the history books I would think you should all be reminded that Cavan have also won 5 all irelands, played in 11. We have also won 39 Ulster titles. I think, historically, Cavan, Down would be well ahead of Armagh for what it is worth. Armagh have 13 Ulsters and 1 all ireland. Monaghan also have 13 Ulsters, followed by Antrim with ten.

You can check all the stats on Ulster at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulster_Senior_Football_Championship
All the stats on the all ireland at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-Ireland_Senior_Football_Championship

let that be the end of it except to say.......

CAVAN FOR SAM ;D

cavanmaniac

Thankfully someone got the thread back on track once the girls took a breath in between squabbling above!

Best of luck to both Cavan and Down minors and seniors on Sunday, let's hope for a game to thrill the supporters and neutrals alike and redress the damage done to our proud reputations as the traditional Ulster standard bearers in the Casement Park damp squib last year.

And may the best team on the day win.

And let that be Cavan. Thank you.

Uladh

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on May 11, 2007, 05:08:58 PM
Why do the Armagh posters feel the need to bring every thread back to Armagh and their 6 ulster titles in 8 years?

They didn't this time brains.... when it was pointed out that down were shite, a fact they would actually acknowledge themselves, they brought up records... albeit ancient ones against modern ones. twas simply a debate about how shite down are til they got all defensive

amallon

Yeah good luck to Down on Sunday.  I'm getting home from Texas a few days early which is great because I can make the game now.  I'm not looking forward to Monday morning.  I don't have the day of and the post championship game hangover will be as bad as ever.

I haven't seen much of Down this year because of clashes with club games but I'm optimistic that we can turn Cavan over.  I'm looking forward to seeing how Downey gets on.  I haven't seen much of him apart from a few times I went to watch Drumgath.  He could be a handfull for the Cavan full back and might take some pressure of King Benny.  Watch Sexton, I am expecting great things from him this year.  His form for the Bridge has been outstanding, if we get anything close to that level of perfomance from him he will do some real damage.

God help whoever is sitting beside DJ in the stands! 
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

thejuice

This ill be a very interesting game. On the GAA prediction game im in i gave Cavan the nod. Down have let me down to many times in the past
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

passedit

1991 being a case in point  ;D
Don't Panic

High Ball

This will be an easy opener for Cavan

lfdown2

right ye's lucky b... enjoy sunday, the first time il be home sick!!half 7 is an early start though without the pain of watchun the national league i will be as confident/hopeful as ever

uladh, wise up, ye's hav won damn all!i remember a lock o years back the relations giving me an awful slagging about linden (legend) comin back into the panel, well marsden!!we were in dire straights then and obviously you's are in the same boat now glad to see it!! ;D ;D

Tyrone Dreamer

Due to the amount of bitching Uldah does Im hope he/she is a woman. In terms of Armagh the best way to sum up their last 8 years is like a good 10000m pacemaker who in one freak race (season) managed to beat the leading contenders when everything went right. Unlikely to happen again though! Im tipping Down to win 2-12 to 1-12 but just hope its a good game.

Uladh

Amazing how tetchy down wans get the week running into their annual beating.

now, if i could only get one of the credible down posters to bite....

bcarrier