USFC Round 1 : An Cabhan V An Dun

Started by Brick Tamlin, April 26, 2007, 12:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naka

have to say as an armagh man i hope down do the biz on sunday and get to the ulster final, for a county like down to be in the doldrums for so long is criminal and the county board must take the majority of the blame for this.
i cant see rooney playing full back cos i feel he is a better half back, and was indeed surprised that colgan left the panel, saying that i think down to win with 4 points to spare

his holiness nb

Joe Brolly was on newstalk this morning and when asked who would win he said "who cares" and that it was "only delaying the enevitable"

Discuss  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

cavan4ever

Joe Brolly is a dickhead and i hope whoever wins goes on and beats Monaghan and then stuffs Derry.

thewobbler

Quotethe county board must take the majority of the blame for this.
I really do wonder how anyone could arrive at this decision.

No1

FAO the Cavan boys.

What's the best pub to watch Longford V The legal profession's favourite county?

cavan4ever

The breffini inn is always good for matches.  ;)

naka

the wobbler, there was no real fundraising strategy within Down to raise monies for player training and county team developement, down went on 1 training weekend this year, look at the monies raised by tyrone, cavan fermanagh etc, with regard kit the guys only got their boots and training kit 3 weeks ago in banbridge .Last year when the flexibility guy Ivan hepled out he did it as a favour and wasnt paid surely at this stage levels should be stepped up

mylestheslasher

Quote from: cavan4ever on May 11, 2007, 10:46:18 AM
The breffini inn is always good for matches.  ;)

The Breffni Inn is an ideal place for matches. It is the closest pub to Breffni Park, is well laid out, comfy seats and has some nice looking barmaids. It has been recently renovated and is quite modern and classy look now - indeed a haunt fit for the solicitors of Cavan. I believe many a garda has been spotted there in the past. It also got rave reviews in Pub Spy on the Sunday World in times gone by - sure you couldn't go wrong, could you?

Fíor Gael

He ain't quick and he has a nice shiny pair of wing mirrors...
[/quote]

Somewhat harsh, Downey has a real turn of speed and can be quite a handful, he suffered a bad ankle break a couple of seasons ago and did take quite a while to recover, and to get his pace back, but he had a good year with UUJ and is back firing on all cylinders. I never thought of him as yellow, lazy but not yellow.

An Cloch Scoilte

Quote from: Fíor Gael on May 11, 2007, 12:30:06 PM

Somewhat harsh, Downey has a real turn of speed and can be quite a handful, he suffered a bad ankle break a couple of seasons ago and did take quite a while to recover, and to get his pace back, but he had a good year with UUJ and is back firing on all cylinders. I never thought of him as yellow, lazy but not yellow.

That's it Fíor Gael, stick up for the man from the 'Gath!!!

Fíor Gael

Quote from: An Cloch Scoilte on May 11, 2007, 12:40:12 PM
Quote from: Fíor Gael on May 11, 2007, 12:30:06 PM

That's it Fíor Gael, stick up for the man from the 'Gath!!!

Only because there are no Letrim men on the team. ;D

downredblack

FG , Pay no heed to Uladh , he rarely has a good word for the red and black . It's a jealousy thing  ;D . He cant help it , it's bred into them  ;D

Uladh

Funny that, because i can't remember seeing a down team beat an armagh team, at any level, in competitive football in the last ten years...

BallyhaiseMan

1991 the Marshes?

Down didnt have a bad year in 1991 at senior level  ;)

downredblack