Ulster club senior football championship - 2015

Started by JoG2, August 27, 2015, 09:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: general_lee on November 01, 2015, 04:44:29 PM
Quote from: Armaghtothebone on November 01, 2015, 04:26:27 PM
Were Kilcoo brilliant, or Kingscourt awful, or does the truth lie somewhere in between?
I'd say it's down to Cavan club football bring brutal. Kilcoo are a seasoned side but they've probably had harder training games. Big one lined up anyway in the semi Cross Kilcoo renewing acquaintances.

That's what I was wondering. Are Kilcoo worldbeaters or did Kingscourt make them look like worldbeaters.
Didn't get to the Cross game today but seems they got it very tight against Cargin.  Just wonder if they will be able to raise their game for Kilcoo

Catch and Kick

Quote from: Armaghtothebone on November 01, 2015, 06:45:56 PM
Quote from: general_lee on November 01, 2015, 04:44:29 PM
Quote from: Armaghtothebone on November 01, 2015, 04:26:27 PM
Were Kilcoo brilliant, or Kingscourt awful, or does the truth lie somewhere in between?
I'd say it's down to Cavan club football bring brutal. Kilcoo are a seasoned side but they've probably had harder training games. Big one lined up anyway in the semi Cross Kilcoo renewing acquaintances.

That's what I was wondering. Are Kilcoo worldbeaters or did Kingscourt make them look like worldbeaters.
Didn't get to the Cross game today but seems they got it very tight against Cargin.  Just wonder if they will be able to raise their game for Kilcoo
Cargin looked like world beaters in the first 25 minutes but missed a lot of chances. Cross showed their experience and went for it in the last five to tie it up at the break. Cargin needed to get long ball in to the full line in second half but were too slow doing so. They had dominated midfield for the first half but Cross got to grips. McCann was moved to CHF for 2nd half but it back fired. Thomas McCann was anonymous; James Morgan very tight on him. Too much depended on Magill who was superb for Cargin. I wonder how many of them will go in for the county?
Cross just know how to win, how to manage a game. They understand the dynamics of pushing on at the right time. I thought they caught Cargin out in the last five of the first half. Margin just didn't have that awareness and conceded the last three points too softly.
Good game played at high intensity and pace. Unreal sunshine - had to move out of the stand to avoid the glaring sunshine!

SaffronHeart

While Cross deserved to win I thought Joe McQuilan was very kind to them. They got quite a few soft frees and got away with a bit aswell. Have to say the Cross footballing philosophy is awesome. Must have hit every free they were given out the field in under a second which adds up to a serious intensity that very few teams can live with. Cargin were too hesitant going forward and it didnt help that their star forward touched the ball twice.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: SaffronHeart on November 01, 2015, 07:13:15 PM
While Cross deserved to win I thought Joe McQuilan was very kind to them. They got quite a few soft frees and got away with a bit aswell. Have to say the Cross footballing philosophy is awesome. Must have hit every free they were given out the field in under a second which adds up to a serious intensity that very few teams can live with. Cargin were too hesitant going forward and it didnt help that their star forward touched the ball twice.

Well shackled or Cargin not play him enough ball?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Bbc story about michael mccann allegedly being bitten...

SaffronHeart

Well Shackled MR2, I think it was James Morgan on him? Cargin would have been better launching the ball in long and high in the second half

Milltown Row2

Quote from: SaffronHeart on November 01, 2015, 07:35:10 PM
Well Shackled MR2, I think it was James Morgan on him? Cargin would have been better launching the ball in long and high in the second half

Defenders love that, what stopped Cargin from doing what they did in the first half so well?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SaffronHeart

Dont know the one time they did go route one the Cross defence looked shaky and the ball bounced over the bar, they also hit the post from when there was 4 in it. Going down to 14 when they had it back to a one score game with ten minutes to go was the final nail. All in all Crossmaglens superior use of the ball is what won the game, they are a credit to the GAA

time ticking away

Quote from: SaffronHeart on November 01, 2015, 08:00:28 PM
Dont know the one time they did go route one the Cross defence looked shaky and the ball bounced over the bar, they also hit the post from when there was 4 in it. Going down to 14 when they had it back to a one score game with ten minutes to go was the final nail. All in all Crossmaglens superior use of the ball is what won the game, they are a credit to the GAA
Why are crossmaglen a credit to the gaa anymore than any other team who won today?
Or any team who lost for that matter
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Milltown Row2

Quote from: time ticking away on November 01, 2015, 08:12:36 PM
Quote from: SaffronHeart on November 01, 2015, 08:00:28 PM
Why are crossmaglen a credit to the gaa anymore than any other team who won today?
Or any team who lost for that matter

Because they keep churning out championship winning teams... kilcoo have a great run at the minute but Cross have changed so much this past few years... That's the difference

ardtole

Where will the venue for cross and kilcoo likely to be?

Throw ball

Quote from: SaffronHeart on November 01, 2015, 07:13:15 PM

I actually thought Cargin got a number of easy frees too. To be honest he seemed to let a number of bad tackles go and then blow up for damn all for both teams. Given what he had let the Cargin midfielder away with earlier I felt the fella sent off was very unlucky.

The Stallion

Lol at "credit to the Gaa" on the day one of their players apparently bites an opponent.

SaffronHeart

Allegedly. It hasnt been proven... Cargin should focus more on themselves and why they were beat instead of crying to the media. Their hesitancy cost them the game. I called Cross a credit because of the player turnover they've had yet every year they re competing in Ulster. Also I am open to correction but they are always managed by a Cross man?

TransitVanMan

Get in the Van!