Ulster club senior football championship - 2015

Started by JoG2, August 27, 2015, 09:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PW Nally

Quote from: armaghniac on November 15, 2015, 04:06:29 PM
It will be in Clones, Breffni or Omagh.They will want a place with capacity, 10000+ in Newry today and they will want floodlights as the day might be dark.
Some crowd.

SHEEDY

nil satis nisi optimum

SHEEDY

Quote from: PW Nally on November 15, 2015, 07:27:31 PM
It will be in Clones, Breffni or Omagh.They will want a place with capacity, 10000+ in Newry today and they will want floodlights as the day might be dark.
Some crowd.
on a drier day there probaly would have been around 13k in newry for todays match. down v armagh matches will always draw a crowd at any level.
nil satis nisi optimum

MK

Quote from: SHEEDY on November 15, 2015, 07:45:01 PM
Quote from: PW Nally on November 15, 2015, 07:27:31 PM
Some crowd.
on a drier day there probaly would have been around 13k in newry for todays match. down v armagh matches will always draw a crowd at any level.

There would have been a larger crowd if Kilcoo turned up...... :o :o

Captain Obvious

Crossmaglen have a serious record in Ulster finals. Ten wins from ten finals. This will be Scotstown first Ulster senior final for thirty years.

brokencrossbar1

Great win for us today. I didn't make it so listened I the wireless. After a shaky enough start where Kilcoo worked us out of it our lads seemed to settle into the game and controlled it for there on without really pulling away. I think if Rico bagged the goal they would have won with a fare bit to spare.

Scotstown are going to be a different bag of tricks altogether. Serious talent in that team. The Hughes brothers, the Caulfields, Turley, Carey, Beggan and McCarthy. They have a very balanced team but they will have a fair wee bit of pressure on. They have to fill big boots like McCarvilles, the Moynas, the Caulfields, the Sherrys and the great Ray McCarron, all big players.  I would imagine the excitement round An Both will reach fever pitch. It's a lot to take in sometimes for a new team.

Milltown Row2

Cross at a canter in the final for me.... All the hype after Scotstown's first win will have dampened down I'd imagine
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

straightred

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 15, 2015, 09:14:21 PM
Cross at a canter in the final for me.... All the hype after Scotstown's first win will have dampened down I'd imagine

They'll be favorites all right but i doubt it will be a canter. Hughes in at FF is really working for Scotstown. They have plenty of quality. Wouldn't be surprised at all if they pulled off a shock

Milltown Row2

Quote from: straightred on November 15, 2015, 11:22:12 PM

They'll be favorites all right but i doubt it will be a canter. Hughes in at FF is really working for Scotstown. They have plenty of quality. Wouldn't be surprised at all if they pulled off a shock

Experience, weather, and having won all their Ulster finals gives you an idea of what Scotstown have to deal with... Hey. Fair fecks to them if they win but Cross have been around the block plenty times and know how to win....

Galway champs (should they win😉) would be hard to beat in the semi
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

straightred

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 15, 2015, 11:37:46 PM
Quote from: straightred on November 15, 2015, 11:22:12 PM

Experience, weather, and having won all their Ulster finals gives you an idea of what Scotstown have to deal with... Hey. Fair fecks to them if they win but Cross have been around the block plenty times and know how to win....

Galway champs (should they win😉) would be hard to beat in the semi
Yeah and i'd say nemo/ballyboden will be the ones to watch on the other side. nothing easy from now on

general_lee

Will be interesting to see if Scotstown continue with their "total football" approach against Crossmaglen. No better team to test it out against! It's just a shame these two teams will be plodding it out in November and not in the summer. Fancy cross to grind it out and win no11

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: general_lee on November 16, 2015, 04:17:21 PM
Will be interesting to see if Scotstown continue with their "total football" approach against Crossmaglen. No better team to test it out against! It's just a shame these two teams will be plodding it out in November and not in the summer. Fancy cross to grind it out and win no11

I have to laugh at the notion that they play total football.  They play rotating sweepers and a 4 man forward line.

FermGael

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 16, 2015, 04:28:07 PM

I have to laugh at the notion that they play total football.  They play rotating sweepers and a 4 man forward line.

I laugh at the notion that cross play total football.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

armaghniac

Quote from: FermGael on November 16, 2015, 08:21:27 PM

Do they claim to? Cross doesn't have an incredibly complex plan, they just execute better than most.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: FermGael on November 16, 2015, 08:21:27 PM

Did I say we did?