Is Stormont going to fall?

Started by Denn Forever, August 21, 2015, 10:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

There is some thing rotten in the state of Denmark NI.  An inflamatory statement from from the PNSI.  It all sounds like someone saying we know (well we think)  that a murder was santioned by the provisional IRA (well maybe but it sure looks like something they'd do).  Is this a strom in a teacup or is the Sh%t going to hit the fan

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-34013141
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Milltown Row2

How many falls has it taken now? Stormont is full of shit, I'd rather the money be saved and given to improving this place instead of constant fecking bickering and money being wasted
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Orior

Denmark? Sure didn't Brian Boru send those boys packing in the year 1014.

I cannot believe the amount of wailing over this. Sure it is just a bunch of criminals getting even with each other. What does it matter that their CV has paramilitary experience?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

screenexile

Hard to know. . . you can be fairly certain the murder came from the IRA though!! (Sorry Ex-IRA)

McGuinness has come out strongly condemning those involved in both murders so that Sinn Fein can distance themselves from it (not going down well around these parts, as someone said "You wouldn't see Gerry Kelly condemning the IRA).

Will it be enough? I think it might be. Let's be honest nobody wants things back the way they were and the politicians have too much at stake to let it slip.

LCohen

Quote from: Rossfan on August 21, 2015, 10:57:05 AM
Good oul "Political policing" ???

If the allegations are not true and have been made up by PSNI then it certainly would be "political policing". Otherwise its just "policing" really.

The ramifications of this extend to the south. The allegations is the IRA exist and have ordered a murder and that they are involved in a "joint enterprise" with the dissadents. If this is true or at least is not categorically disproven then SF are toxic in terms of coalition partners in the south. It would have to harm their vote also.

In the north the consequences are catastrophic but that is not to say that anything other that a full criminal inquiry is what is required here

theskull1

Quote from: screenexile on August 21, 2015, 11:42:25 AM
Hard to know. . . you can be fairly certain the murder came from the IRA though!! (Sorry Ex-IRA)

McGuinness has come out strongly condemning those involved in both murders so that Sinn Fein can distance themselves from it (not going down well around these parts, as someone said "You wouldn't see Gerry Kelly condemning the IRA).

Will it be enough? I think it might be. Let's be honest nobody wants things back the way they were and the politicians have too much at stake to let it slip.

Could it not be argued that MMcG is trying to lead rather than run with the pack? Is that not what we'd like to see from leaders? We complain constantly on here that unionist politicians simply ape their electorate rather than lead them with new ways of thinking.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: theskull1 on August 21, 2015, 12:46:13 PM

Could it not be argued that MMcG is trying to lead rather than run with the pack? Is that not what we'd like to see from leaders? We complain constantly on here that unionist politicians simply ape their electorate rather than lead them with new ways of thinking.

Gerry Kelly has condemned it and said it has nothing to do with Republicanism. (Front page article in tele)

Red eye

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on August 21, 2015, 12:52:12 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on August 21, 2015, 12:46:13 PM

Gerry Kelly has condemned it and said it has nothing to do with Republicanism. (Front page article in tele)

Sure isn't that what politicians do - say what is expected of them - what they may then do or say privately may be different. Look at the other lead story in the IN. Paisley called for civil disobedience iafter the Anglo Irish Agreement- including urging non payment of rates - then paid his own bill lol

Christmas Lights

I don't really understand the ins and outs but how can any political party be blamed for a handful of people plotting to murder someone else?

I cant imagine any of the people involved in the shootings went to Gerry Adams or M MCG and said, "can you give us the go ahead to shoot such and such?"

Why are Sinn Fein getting the blame for this in some sectors?

general_lee

Quote from: Christmas Lights on August 21, 2015, 01:07:46 PM
I don't really understand the ins and outs but how can any political party be blamed for a handful of people plotting to murder someone else?

I cant imagine any of the people involved in the shootings went to Gerry Adams or M MCG and said, "can you give us the go ahead to shoot such and such?"

Why are Sinn Fein getting the blame for this in some sectors?

because in the minds of unionists SF are the IRA in suits. To some of them it's impossible to be a republican (or nationalist...or Catholic) and not also be an IRA member/former member/apologist/sympathiser etc

imtommygunn

It very often strikes me that some of those unionists seem to want stormont to fail.

MoChara

Short answer NO, of course everyone has to do their posturing about how outraged they are by this but that's all it is posturing they've all too much to lose

screenexile

Quote from: MoChara on August 21, 2015, 02:04:01 PM
Short answer NO, of course everyone has to do their posturing about how outraged they are by this but that's all it is posturing they've all too much to lose

Exactly. DUP and UUP are happy enough to keep the status quo. Remember when Protestants were up in arms about the Union Flag at City Hall?

They all got together for this big 'graduated response' . . . the whole shebang fizzled out in a month!!! Something similar will happen here!

doodaa

Will it be enough? I think it might be. Let's be honest nobody wants things back the way they were and the politicians have too big a salary to let it slip.

I trust that is what you actually meant  ;)