Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 17, 2015, 01:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Galway
Kilkenny

AZOffaly

Quote from: johnneycool on September 04, 2015, 08:42:36 AM
Quote from: ashman on September 03, 2015, 11:16:48 PM
I am really trying hard to see how Galway can win this and am at a loss.

They were great in the semi but Tipp midfield and half forward line could not win enough dirty ball.

Kk will not lack in this Department .  They have enough firepower .

That same Tipp midfield and half forward line were the winning and winning well of their run in Munster. They just run into a better set up that day against Galway who had the winning of each individual battle that end of the field barring Callanan.
If that same Tipp team were lining out this Sunday, everyone would be saying they'd have a great chance and possibly favourites, so why wouldn't Galway who've improved game after game also not really be seen as a serious proposition to Kilkenny?

I think if Galway can expose the Kilkenny fullback line enough they'll do it!!

Johnney, they weren't. This is the achilles heal of the Tipp team (not the midfield so much in fairness). When the fat is in the fire, too often the Tipp half forward line go missing, and even lads like Bonner weren't winning ball this year. Against Limerick it happened, and only for a poor puckout straight to Jason Forde, Limerick were right back in that game. It happened against Waterford, and it happened all day against Galway.

thejuice

Hi, looking for two tickets at face value please. Give us a private message if you have any.

Thanks
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Canalman

Quote from: thejuice on September 04, 2015, 10:14:53 AM
Hi, looking for two tickets at face value please. Give us a private message if you have any.

Thanks

Go in on the morning of the game  . Always and I repeat always plenty of tickets floating about around CP for the hurling final. More often than not lads desperate to offload them.

Milltown Row2

Well if they aren't ready for a fight on Sunday they might as well not turn up, tactics and game plans will go out the window ten minutes into the game when they just go hell for leather!!! Noticed last few games Kilkenny have kept their noses in front without putting the foot down and killing the game off, they even played defensively or managed the score for score type attitude, be telling if Galway do get a lead on them will the Cats be able to push through the gears and get back on terms..

really looking forward to this, hope the players keep their nerve (in both teams) and no one gets a silly sending off
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Got a ticket this morning,it's a Hill one but sure what can you do.
Hopefully it will powerwashed after the Dubs on saturday.
Anyone got lend of a Galway jersey?!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

I thought you were a KK fan (after Laois of course) LL?

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 04, 2015, 12:02:17 PM
I thought you were a KK fan (after Laois of course) LL?
Fcuk no.Love the city alright as I grew up only about 10miles from Kilkenny City itself and actually wanted to buy a house there but the wife wanted to buy one in Dublin. I would never shout for the fcukers though.
Tis mainly banter as most of my mates are all Kilkenny and I have two brother in laws from there but that would make me hope they lose all the more. I'm a bitter hoor really  ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

finbar o tool

Jackie Tyrell and Richie Power are cleared to play sunday, nice subs to have if needed!
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

theskull1

Know plenty of ones still looking a ticket. Nothing coming up on the official ticket exchange website

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

thejuice

Quote from: Canalman on September 04, 2015, 10:34:12 AM

Thanks

Go in on the morning of the game  . Always and I repeat always plenty of tickets floating about around CP for the hurling final. More often than not lads desperate to offload them.

They're for my dad. He's not going to go all the way in to town without a ticket in his hand.

Anyone with a spare ticket or two let me know please
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ashman

Quote from: johnneycool on September 04, 2015, 08:42:36 AM
Quote from: ashman on September 03, 2015, 11:16:48 PM
I am really trying hard to see how Galway can win this and am at a loss.

They were great in the semi but Tipp midfield and half forward line could not win enough dirty ball.

Kk will not lack in this Department .  They have enough firepower .

That same Tipp midfield and half forward line were the winning and winning well of their run in Munster. They just run into a better set up that day against Galway who had the winning of each individual battle that end of the field barring Callanan.
If that same Tipp team were lining out this Sunday, everyone would be saying they'd have a great chance and possibly favourites, so why wouldn't Galway who've improved game after game also not really be seen as a serious proposition to Kilkenny?

I think if Galway can expose the Kilkenny fullback line enough they'll do it!!

JC

Tipp won the worst Munster championship in years and were not really tested by a team who really went for it.  There is always the feeling that their half forward line does not win enough "dirty ball". Callinan kept them in a game where they were clearly in awful trouble at midfield and in both half lines.   

Last Star in Tuam

Glensman

Quote from: thejuice on September 04, 2015, 10:25:17 PM

Thanks

They're for my dad. He's not going to go all the way in to town without a ticket in his hand.

Hope you got sorted. Appreciate it's not ideal if it's your Dad but you really will get sorted with tickets by asking about just before it. Generally get them face value as well.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Glensman on September 06, 2015, 08:30:32 AM
Quote from: thejuice on September 04, 2015, 10:25:17 PM

Thanks

Hope you got sorted. Appreciate it's not ideal if it's your Dad but you really will get sorted with tickets by asking about just before it. Generally get them face value as well.

Never seen anyone pay over the actually price of a ticket.... Stand outside Quinns and ticket will be available by genuine supporters... Won't get that anywhere else
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Have exams this week so first missed final in ten years. KK by 3 or 4. Galway need Joe yo have a scorcher to win this I think. KK more vulnerable than ever with all the retirements, especially Holden and Prendergast but think they'll see it through.

There'll always be tickets available in Meaghers. Ask the old barman and he'll put it out over their PA system.