Ronan Clarke in intensive care

Started by T Fearon, August 15, 2015, 04:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Best wishes to Ronan. Brutal when you see freak incidents like this. Hopefully he makes a quick and full recovery.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: general_lee on August 18, 2015, 10:38:24 AM
Was at the game and had left just after the collision, nothing seemed untoward at the time but it just goes to show how these things pan out.

I'd have to disagree with you on that - I thought he was clearly unsteady on his feet and the Maghery players and the umpires clearly signaled to the line for urgent assistance. I was very surprised he remained on the field thereafter.

I did remark during the game that he was Ogs' main threat - the legs may have slowed but some of his movement and score taking showed the greatness of old - a class act.

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 16, 2015, 07:14:30 AM
Get well soon Ronan. Showed so much promise at an early age but has had a nightmare career since. Had he be been fit in 05 it could have been 2-2 and not 1-3 to Tyrone in AI titles.

Generosity such as this is a very rare visitor to the pages of this forum. Respect. 

Oraisteach

Great player before a spate of injuries.  When I remember that 2002 AI winning team, one of the first players who springs to mind is Ronan.  Here's to a full recovery.  Up the Ogs.

The Iceman

poor fella - just got married a few weeks back too.  Think he is on the mend but those head injuries are scary - praying he makes a full recovery
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

rionach 4

Can I just say Ronan is making great strides and is improving by the hour . It's great to see his improvement and things are really going well. Thanks to all those in the greater GAA family for their support. It really brings home to you that sense of belonging.

armaghniac

Quote from: rionach 4 on August 19, 2015, 01:03:26 AM
Can I just say Ronan is making great strides and is improving by the hour . It's great to see his improvement and things are really going well. Thanks to all those in the greater GAA family for their support. It really brings home to you that sense of belonging.

Great to hear it.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Ciarrai_thuaidh

That's great to hear. The whole GAA family wishes him well I'm sure.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

orangeman

Great to hear.

magpie seanie

Excellent news and thanks for the update.

maddog

That is great to hear. Good luck and a speedy full recovery Ronan.

grounded

AZOffaly

Great to hear that. Thanks for the update.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Excellent news, thanks for the update.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

laceer

Glad to hear he's coming round and wish him all the best.

Think Clarke played alongside Sean Cavanagh in a winning MacRory team in 01 maybe? Serious operator then and his performance in the 02 final vs Moynihan was something else for a 19 year old. Absolutely no luck with injuries since - I believe it was doubtful he'd even get back playing club football at a stage. Hopefully he can make it back out onto the pitch for the Ogs again soon.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on August 18, 2015, 02:39:35 PM
Quote from: general_lee on August 18, 2015, 10:38:24 AM
Was at the game and had left just after the collision, nothing seemed untoward at the time but it just goes to show how these things pan out.

I'd have to disagree with you on that - I thought he was clearly unsteady on his feet and the Maghery players and the umpires clearly signaled to the line for urgent assistance. I was very surprised he remained on the field thereafter.

I did remark during the game that he was Ogs' main threat - the legs may have slowed but some of his movement and score taking showed the greatness of old - a class act.

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 16, 2015, 07:14:30 AM
Get well soon Ronan. Showed so much promise at an early age but has had a nightmare career since. Had he be been fit in 05 it could have been 2-2 and not 1-3 to Tyrone in AI titles.

Generosity such as this is a very rare visitor to the pages of this forum. Respect.
+1