journalists trying to influence/lobby rule makers and disciplinary procedures.

Started by rrhf, August 11, 2015, 09:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 30, 2015, 10:51:53 PM
I don't think this game can be sweep under the carpet at the semi final stage, Suspension for McMahon for the attempted headbutt, Connolly suspension for striking with closed fist, the incident with parsons wouldn't come into it. The Cooper incident the only one in question, can this be revisited as the ref issued a yellow card. In all a worse advert for the game than the Monaghan Tyrone Game.

I think O'Connor needs to be nailed also... I thought it was a blatant strike with little provocation! You'd get that kind of abuse in a minor match!

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: ONeill on August 30, 2015, 10:50:26 PM
I thought the SG did ok. They were caught between accusations of being anti-Tyrone and accusations at being anti-positivity.

To be fair to Whelan, I don't think a Tyrone pundit on the show would have been any more willing to hold up their hands.

This is the same guy who called for McCann to come out and apologise for his indiscretion, he then defends Cooper for one of the scummiest acts I've seen on a pitch for a very long time.

Hypocrisy at his finest.

ONeill

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 30, 2015, 10:53:42 PM
I thought the SG did ok. They were caught between accusations of being anti-Tyrone and accusations at being anti-positivity.

To be fair to Whelan, I don't think a Tyrone pundit on the show would have been any more willing to hold up their hands.

This is the same guy who called for McCann to come out and apologise for his indiscretion, he then defends Cooper for one of the scummiest acts I've seen on a pitch for a very long time.

Hypocrisy at his finest.

Do you want The Sunday Game to call the agenda or not? We have a weeks of people saying TSG shouldn't be calling for sanctions and then when they don't they're criticised for it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Wildweasel74

screenexile no harm to you but that wasn't even a free in the O`Connor incident, got opened in a few games, most of the time accidents, which is what that is no less.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: hardstation on August 30, 2015, 05:53:55 PM
I'm almost sure McMahon threw 2 punches to the head at the Mayo penalty. Just after they hit the ground

Well spotted hardstation, he did indeed.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Whishtup

Quote from: ONeill on August 30, 2015, 11:01:23 PM

Hypocrisy at his finest.

Do you want The Sunday Game to call the agenda or not? We have a weeks of people saying TSG shouldn't be calling for sanctions and then when they don't they're criticised for it.

That's not the point.  Whelan assumed the position of a defending manager tonight whereas with the McCann incident, he assumed the role of the prosecutor.  He also tried his best to downplay the antics of the Dublin players tonight and incriminate the Mayo boys when it was clear to all who watched the game who were the main tr**p-actors today.  I don't believe either Connolly or O'Shea were consistently targettted illegally today but Whelan used this lie as a distraction to Dublin's consistent fouling that was only really punished after half time. 

orangeman

Whelo hoping for a kind CHC just like Tyrone and Monaghan and Mayo got 2 weeks ago.

Not so sure if they will be as generous.

Be interesting to see if any disrepute charges are proposed.

ONeill

Quote from: Whishtup on August 30, 2015, 11:37:23 PM

Hypocrisy at his finest.

That's not the point.  Whelan assumed the position of a defending manager tonight whereas with the McCann incident, he assumed the role of the prosecutor.  He also tried his best to downplay the antics of the Dublin players tonight and incriminate the Mayo boys when it was clear to all who watched the game who were the main tr**p-actors today.  I don't believe either Connolly or O'Shea were consistently targettted illegally today but Whelan used this lie as a distraction to Dublin's consistent fouling that was only really punished after half time. 

That's nonsense. O'Shea was tortured throughout and I only saw Connolly once and he was being harassed like fook.

Whelan said people need to stop kidding themselves and that the cynicism was out of order today. He never defended anyone.

Pretending to be victimised does no one any favours.

Whishtup

Quote from: ONeill on August 30, 2015, 11:44:40 PM

Hypocrisy at his finest.

That's nonsense. O'Shea was tortured throughout and I only saw Connolly once and he was being harassed like fook.

Whelan said people need to stop kidding themselves and that the cynicism was out of order today. He never defended anyone.

Tortured and harrassed within the rules of the game.  He had no place portraying a lie that there were two of them at it today and Johnny Cooper is a great lad, etc.  Did he incriminate Monaghan in the same way when Tyrone played them and say Tiernan McCann is a great lad or say Tiernan will wake up in the morning and regret what he did?  No.  It is very clear(now after this game) that Tyrone were victimised by TSG panel and ultimately it was detrimental to their chance of a crack at the final.

straightred

Quote from: Whishtup on August 31, 2015, 12:12:18 AM

Hypocrisy at his finest.

Tortured and harrassed within the rules of the game.  He had no place portraying a lie that there were two of them at it today and Johnny Cooper is a great lad, etc.  Did he incriminate Monaghan in the same way when Tyrone played them and say Tiernan McCann is a great lad or say Tiernan will wake up in the morning and regret what he did?  No.  It is very clear(now after this game) that Tyrone were victimised by TSG panel and ultimately it was detrimental to their chance of a crack at the final.

Would you wise up. He didn't incriminate Monaghan because he had no reason to. Your tactics won that game for you but obviously that's not enough for you and shoulder chip is as evident as ever.

Whishtup

Quote from: straightred on August 31, 2015, 12:15:08 AM

Hypocrisy at his finest.

Would you wise up. He didn't incriminate Monaghan because he had no reason to. Your tactics won that game for you but obviously that's not enough for you and shoulder chip is as evident as ever.
Had he less reason to incriminate Monaghan's targetting of Cavanagh than Mayo's alleged 'targetting' of Connolly?  Tyrone spoiled a game for 10 minutes in order to get over the line-granted.  I definitely have a chip on my shoulder as to how it was escalated by Whelan and co and it annoys me even more to hear him euphamise incidents today and not hold the hand up and say 'Dublin were a disgrace', choosing instead to fabricate 'two to tango' scenario.

ONeill

Quote from: Whishtup on August 31, 2015, 12:24:11 AM

Hypocrisy at his finest.

Had he less reason to incriminate Monaghan's targetting of Cavanagh than Mayo's alleged 'targetting' of Connolly?  Tyrone spoiled a game for 10 minutes in order to get over the line-granted.  I definitely have a chip on my shoulder as to how it was escalated by Whelan and co and it annoys me even more to hear him euphamise incidents today and not hold the hand up and say 'Dublin were a disgrace', choosing instead to fabricate 'two to tango' scenario.

Did you actually see it? Whelan was more scathing of what went on than anyone else.

Saying anything else devalues previous grievances.

Whishtup

Quote from: ONeill on August 31, 2015, 12:29:11 AM
Quote from: Whishtup on August 31, 2015, 12:24:11 AM

Hypocrisy at his finest.

Did you actually see it? Whelan was more scathing of what went on than anyone else.

Saying anything else devalues previous grievances.

He wasn't as scathing as McStay,  at least McStay was consistent (to the shite that TSG partakes in) in singling out and incriminating McMahon (which I believe is wrong).  Whelan mentioned that there was a lot of off-the-ball stuff, O'Shea and Connolly were targetted, Cooper's tackle was a red card (but that he was a grand lad, etc.), MDM's card was harsh.  This isn't a true reflection of the game or these incidents.  Dublin were cynical throughout right to the end.  Mayo weren't.  Compare this to him asking Tiernan can to make a public apology for taking a dive.  Why should we not question double standards from these guys.

Il Bomber Destro

Hypocrisy at his finest.

He never defended anyone?

"Johnny Cooper is not that type of player" for one of the most thuggish and dangerous acts I've seen on a football pitch in a long time

Compare and contrast with his demands for McCann to make a public apology for his dive, a hypocritical bastard.

Canalman

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 31, 2015, 01:36:47 AM

Hypocrisy at his finest.

He never defended anyone?

"Johnny Cooper is not that type of player" for one of the most thuggish and dangerous acts I've seen on a football pitch in a long time

Compare and contrast with his demands for McCann to make a public apology for his dive, a hypocritical b**tard.

Not defending Jonny at all. He deserved a straight red. But you mustn't watch alot of football if that constitutes the "the most thuggish and dangerous acts" you have seen .