journalists trying to influence/lobby rule makers and disciplinary procedures.

Started by rrhf, August 11, 2015, 09:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: muppet on August 11, 2015, 11:32:43 PM
Quote from: screenexile on August 11, 2015, 11:09:58 PM
Confirmed . . .

http://teamtalkmag.com/2015/08/county-mccann-handed-8-week-suspension/

Never heard of that site.

If you take out their story about journalists phoning the CCCC, what are you left with? 'Our source in Croke Park' isn't much to bet your house on.

We are all over-reacting, to The Sunday Game overreaction to a daft reaction. No one ever learns.

Philly Jordan is all over it too muppet, so I'm assuming it's true.

SkillfulBill

Tyrone GAA community will go into orbit on this one. This stinks to high heaven... how the fcuk can the CCCC be so stupid to bow to this. I bet Brolly distances himself on this one and expect him to make it clear he is not one of the Journalists in question. He knows very well how sensative people up here are about perceptions of equal treatment.

Syferus

Quote from: SkillfulBill on August 12, 2015, 12:01:24 AM
Tyrone GAA community will go into orbit on this one. This stinks to high heaven... how the fcuk can the CCCC be so stupid to bow to this. I bet Brolly distances himself on this one and expect him to make it clear he is not one of the Journalists in question. He knows very well how sensative people up here are about perceptions of equal treatment.

No one outside Tyrone gives a flying fûck about this journalist angle that's being peddled.

Ye're masters at defending the indefensible, I'll give ye that much.

SkillfulBill

Quote from: Syferus on August 12, 2015, 12:07:14 AM

No one outside Tyrone gives a flying fûck about this journalist angle that's being peddled.

If you can't see the hypocrisy in this i suggest you take the f**king plank out of your eye. I ain't defending what McCann did but i will be fcuked if i will put up with subjecting one individual to a different set of rules to another just because of the colour of the jersey on his back.

RoyalBlue14

When has anyone defended McCann?

Everyone I've seen and heard from has ridiculed him (rightly so) and being from the county I would assume I've heard the opinion of many more Tyrone folk than yourself, so do me a favour and stop generalising us as "masters at defending the indefensible" based on the few trolls you've interacted with.

At the end of the day I've no problem with the man bans being handed out for diving, actions need put in place to deal with diving. I do however have a problem with a ban being handed for diving to one player and other players that have been caught diving not long before said incident getting off scot free, it smacks of hypocrisy.

The hypocrisy of the situation is pretty damn indefensible but you do a good job at defending it.

Gabriel_Hurl

Lads - pay no heed to that gombeen - he's been at it for the last few years now.

Someone from Tyrone must have stolen a woman away from him at one time.

clarshack

after the scandalous witch hunt by the southern media i am  now fully behind Tyrone like never before. is it possible RTE will win us our 4th all-ireland with all their BS?. i've never seen a county as angry  >:(

SkillfulBill

Quote from: clarshack on August 12, 2015, 12:39:15 AM
after the scandalous witch hunt by the southern media i am  now fully behind Tyrone like never before. is it possible RTE will win us our 4th all-ireland with all their BS?. i've never seen a county as angry  >:(

Maybe its all about ticket sales i am glad i have my request to club already in. I expect Tyrone to turn out in massive numbers for the semi.

armaghniac

Quote from: SkillfulBill on August 12, 2015, 12:47:44 AM
Quote from: clarshack on August 12, 2015, 12:39:15 AM

Maybe its all about ticket sales i am glad i have my request to club already in. I expect Tyrone to turn out in massive numbers for the semi.

And so they should, most have not been at many games this year, judging by earlier attendances, and this is the last game.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Throw ball

I am in a bit of a quandary now.

I have no doubt that McCann deserves a ban. I have no doubt that such a penalty should have been given to every player who dived so blatantly over the last 12 years. But...rules cannot just be made up in the middle of the year. If this is to be the punishment have it in the rule book from the start of 2016.

I hope this is just a windup. If it is not then the media is really running the circus. Big Paul Grimley was mocked last year for taking a stance because he thought the media was unfairly influencing decisions. He may be proved right now.

I never like to see Tyrone win anything but everyone should be treated equally.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: armaghniac on August 12, 2015, 12:58:20 AMAnd so they should, most have not been at many games this year, judging by earlier attendances, and this is the last game.

ah bless

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 11, 2015, 11:46:44 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 11, 2015, 11:32:43 PM
Quote from: screenexile on August 11, 2015, 11:09:58 PM
Confirmed . . .

http://teamtalkmag.com/2015/08/county-mccann-handed-8-week-suspension/

Never heard of that site.

If you take out their story about journalists phoning the CCCC, what are you left with? 'Our source in Croke Park' isn't much to bet your house on.

We are all over-reacting, to The Sunday Game overreaction to a daft reaction. No one ever learns.

Philly Jordan is all over it too muppet, so I'm assuming it's true.

I believe the 8 week ban.

It is the conspiracy regarding journalists being behind it that I would like some proof for.
MWWSI 2017

blanketattack

I find this ban hard to believe. If it is true, it will be easy enough to get him off. Regardless Harte shouldn't start McCann, his head will be frazzled from the whole affair.

Il Bomber Destro

Somebody get this precious little diva his dummy and rattle back.