journalists trying to influence/lobby rule makers and disciplinary procedures.

Started by rrhf, August 11, 2015, 09:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: barelegs on August 12, 2015, 04:18:27 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 12, 2015, 04:13:43 PM
Quote from: stibhan on August 12, 2015, 03:57:37 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 12, 2015, 01:29:55 PM

For example, banning McCann isn't much good to Monaghan now. Having 15 players for the last 10 minutes might have helped though.

Was there not a certain black card about to be handed to Hughes anyway?

Was Hughes on a Yellow? If not they would have been back to 15.

They'd used all their subs by the 60th minute. To avoid any doubt they were

Dick Clerkin for Lennon
Owen Duffy for McAnespie
Drew Wylie for Corey
Dermot Malone for McAdam
Paul Finlay for Gallogly
Christopher McGuinness for K Duffy,

Fair enough, but does that not mean the simulation was effectively worthless then? In fact he risked a yellow card for himself for no possible benefit?
MWWSI 2017

barelegs

Bizarrely yes. The whole thing was pointless. He didn't even need to go to ground to kill time because Richie Donnelly and Colm Cavanagh were already down with genuine injuries- Richie's still sporting a black eye.

A few of the more inexperienced Tyrone fellas had been getting involved in some pointless stuff a couple of minutes before that and Colm Cavanagh had given them a right bollocking. They'll know better the next time. There's a way to go about killing off a game, getting involved in handbags isn't it.

The only man happy with the outcome of this whole handling is Eamon Fitzmaurice. Kerry kicked 7-16 against Kildare and there's not been a word about them

AhNowRef

Quote from: JoG2 on August 12, 2015, 04:20:04 PM
Quote from: AhNowRef on August 12, 2015, 03:12:35 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on August 12, 2015, 02:48:09 PM
Quote from: AhNowRef on August 12, 2015, 02:44:14 PM
Quote from: GJL on August 12, 2015, 02:08:00 PM
Quote from: AhNowRef on August 12, 2015, 02:04:29 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on August 12, 2015, 01:35:59 PM
Quote from: AhNowRef on August 12, 2015, 12:35:49 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on August 12, 2015, 11:30:53 AM
Quote from: tc_manchester on August 12, 2015, 11:16:02 AM
Quote from: Hound on August 12, 2015, 10:50:28 AM
Quote from: doodaa on August 12, 2015, 09:53:08 AM
Quote from: Hound on August 12, 2015, 09:32:34 AM
Quote from: doodaa on August 12, 2015, 09:29:50 AM
Couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread but this 8 week ban is probably very harsh considering, as other people have pointed out, that there was no action against Michael Shields in the Munster Final.

HOWEVER, I think most GAA supporters would agree that this diving/ simulation/ trying to get people sent off is a blight on the game.
A strong message needs sent out to try and eradicate it so its probably something that needs to happen.

It is unfortunate for Tyrone that its their man that has been highlighted.
It was highlighted about Michael Shields weeks ago but no action was taken.
Had an 8 week ban been handed out then to Shields, McCann may not have considered diving for fear of retribution and this hoohaa surrounding it wouldn't be taking place.

Some county was going to suffer the consequences of this eventually as the GAA weren't going to let this happen indefinitely.
Tyrone are the unfortunate ones.
But why should Shields have got an 8 week ban for a yellow card offence?

Fair point.
Should it be more than a yellow card offence for there to be an effective way of removing these actions from our game?

But Cavanaugh took a dive when he got a tip in the belly from McManus. Is that worthy of a ban too? There was more contact than McCann got, but no less of a dive. Where does the line get drawn?
But to be honest, that's all irrelevant. It does not matter what any individual thinks should be the punishment, all that matters is that the rulebook states that feigning injury is a yellow card offence.

I've no problem with McCann being embarrassed, and every single diver / injury feigner on their team having their manliness being called into question - but banning any of them for it is just ridiculous!

This case really winds me up - Cavanaugh is well to the side from where McManus is running - Mc Manus moves towards him with his elbow jutting out and bangs into him. Cavanaugh falls down. He didn't instigate the incident and somehow it's his fault for falling down. If McManus had breezed past him, never touching him and Cavanaugh had fallen down then yes accuse him of cheating but this is ridiculous.

Cavanagh feigned injury (cheating)at least twice in the match resulting in no football being played (you know, the reason everyone tunes in) for about 4/5 mins...you're trying to defend the indefensible, the man is a serial offender

Can you please let us know when these 2 incidents happened .. i.e. what was the game time ?

ah for crying out loud, watch the game back if you have to, or don't believe me, its up to yourself

So you cant tell me the times then ? ...... Ive watched the game twice and can see no dives from C Cavanagh .. thats why I ask..

You surely should be able to back up your claims?

I asked the same, apparently he can't.

Yeah, the sheep are following well from what they hear on TV or read in the press ...
That knob Brolly wrote that Sean Cavanagh lay down and wasted time on 53 mins and Colm did the same on 70 mins when they apparently "went down after minor contact" -  You have to laugh at all this - Sean was rabbit punched to the back of the head swiftly followed by a punch in the Jaw and Colm was badly taken out of it by Hughes .....
Dara O'Se on Sky said of Finlays incident with Sean Cavanagh .. "Ah sure der was notin in it" .. Conning the ref again .. well he's said that for every free Tyrone got in their last 3 matches ....     No, no witch hunt here !!

Hideous Stuff !

I wonder were these your examples JoG2 ?

classy stuff...you believe Cavanagh didn't feign injury during that game? You are clearly wrong.

Good man .. point it out then .. You were talking about Colm Cavanagh .. Tell us when he feigned injury or stop talking nonsense ?

no, the Cavanagh who lay feigning injuries for 4/5 mins on separate occasions. Colm's not a while pile better

Great, we're getting somewhere .. we have it narrowed down to one .. So can you please tell me what time these incidents happened at so I can go watch them tonight?

Fuzzman

I've not read through all 12 pages of this yet but 2 points

1. Do a wee experiment on yer friends where you come at them with yer hands at speed to the top of their head and see what their reaction is. I've done it twice today

2. I think this ban is done to show that Tyrone are out of control and won't accept the ban or any rules and so they will then say "See they always try to wriggle out of suspensions, even when totally guilty"

I am not keen to get into this too much today but some points I have is.

McCann & McAliskey were both guilty of feigning injuries and it looks very bad.
As I said months ago Mickey Harte obviously does not give out to his players or punish them for this behavior which sends out the signal its OK to do this. If all managers put an end to this shite then it would soon eradicate out of our game.
Ye can close a game out without resorting to this shite and I for one HATE that Tyrone do it but like so many others have said we always seem to be the scape goat and the difference between the Southern media and Northern media on the whole thing is very interesting.

It will be some crack if we get to the final with NO RTE coverage on Tyrone at all.

Barelegs, if you watch the last 10 mins or so you will see Monaghan were the ones that started throwing their weight about. We had the game won and Finlay for one was a disgrace and he probably will retire now going out on a red card which for such a good player is a shame. But of course you and so many other Tyrone haters hardly have mentioned Monaghan's punching and sly hits when the realised the game was over for them.

screenexile

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 12, 2015, 04:56:02 PM

1. Do a wee experiment on yer friends where you come at them with yer hands at speed to the top of their head and see what their reaction is. I've done it twice today

2. I think this ban is done to show that Tyrone are out of control and won't accept the ban or any rules and so they will then say "See they always try to wriggle out of suspensions, even when totally guilty"

As I said months ago Mickey Harte obviously does not give out to his players or punish them for this behavior which sends out the signal its OK to do this. If all managers put an end to this shite then it would soon eradicate out of our game.
Ye can close a game out without resorting to this shite and I for one HATE that Tyrone do it but like so many others have said we always seem to be the scape goat and the difference between the Southern media and Northern media on the whole thing is very interesting.

It will be some crack if we get to the final with NO RTE coverage on Tyrone at all.

Barelegs, if you watch the last 10 mins or so you will see Monaghan were the ones that started throwing their weight about. We had the game won and Finlay for one was a disgrace and he probably will retire now going out on a red card which for such a good player is a shame. But of course you and so many other Tyrone haters hardly have mentioned Monaghan's punching and sly hits when the realised the game was over for them.

What??!!??!!

Canalman

Have not read the thread at all. If from what I hear an effort is being made to suspend the Tyrone player in question........... don't worry. The attempt will be laughed out the door as soon as the Tyrone guys show the tapes of previous ahem  "dives" which went unpunished.

End of.

barelegs

Fuzzman, I'm from Tyrone! I know what Monaghan did. How Kieran Hughes last 70 minutes was laughable. How Paul Finlay got off with his first punch of Sean Cavanagh was ridiculous. I don't think Meyler did anything wrong and I don't think McAliskey was feigning injury, as you seem to. He was hit late off the ball by McAdam and took his time getting to his feet.

That doesn't take away from the point that Hughes was getting a black card and McCann had no need to pretend he's been hit by a haymaker. Both were at fault. Hughes' hand shouldn't have been near his head.

How Duffy escapes in all this is beyond a joke

deiseach

Do a wee experiment on yer friends where you come at them with yer hands at speed to the top of their head and see what their reaction is. I've done it twice today

:o

muppet

Quote from: deiseach on August 12, 2015, 05:12:38 PM
Do a wee experiment on yer friends where you come at them with yer hands at speed to the top of their head and see what their reaction is. I've done it twice today

:o

Tried it on two lads.

One threw his arms around me and declared his undying love, while I got a black eye from the other.

MWWSI 2017

Qwerty28

Is there anywhere to watch the last 10 or 15 minutes again? I was at the game and thought Monaghan were by far the worst offenders but the meeja have almost brainwashed me in the last few days that it was in fact ISIS that were on the pitch (along with the pigeons) for the last quarter  ;)

tyssam5

Quote from: doodaa on August 12, 2015, 02:16:07 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 12, 2015, 01:38:48 PM
Wouldn't the most sensible thing to do have been announce a major rethink or emergency congress or whatever the hell they want to call it in the Autumn on sanctions for simulation. Not some ridiculous punishment with 3 games left.

You would have to gather that those behind this 8-week shite are incredibly stupid.

Cant argue with that ^^^^^
The 8 week ban will be lifted by the end of next week id imagine, if not before!

Can we wait until it is actually implemented before lifting it? McGinn and teamtalk have got great mileage out of this story. Maybe not true at all, or maybe the reaction to this leak (if true) will show them it is a bad idea which they will now never announce?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: barelegs on August 12, 2015, 05:02:38 PM

Fuzzman, I'm from Tyrone! I know what Monaghan did. How Kieran Hughes last 70 minutes was laughable. How Paul Finlay got off with his first punch of Sean Cavanagh was ridiculous. I don't think Meyler did anything wrong and I don't think McAliskey was feigning injury, as you seem to. He was hit late off the ball by McAdam and took his time getting to his feet.

That doesn't take away from the point that Hughes was getting a black card and McCann had no need to pretend he's been hit by a haymaker. Both were at fault. Hughes' hand shouldn't have been near his head.

How Duffy escapes in all this is beyond a joke

McAliskey was definitely struck and it was a red card but he didn't do himself any favours by making the most of it and then hopping up when we got the ball over it.

omaghjoe

Have a read of this verbal diarrhea from Conor Heneghan

http://www.joe.ie/sport/thetoughest-issue-is-the-reported-eight-week-ban-for-tyrones-tiernan-mccann-fair/507930

I stopped reading after he tried to justify the whole thing with this statement:

"But why now? Why the Tyrone man? Why not Michael Shields? Aidan O'Mahony? Why? Because neither of those other incidents resulted in a player being red carded."

Who is this Heneghan character anyway? Who give him a licence to spout this drivel backed up by outright lies?

Gabriel_Hurl

muppet

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 12, 2015, 10:35:16 PM

Have a read of this verbal diarrhea from Conor Heneghan

http://www.joe.ie/sport/thetoughest-issue-is-the-reported-eight-week-ban-for-tyrones-tiernan-mccann-fair/507930

I stopped reading after he tried to justify the whole thing with this statement:

"But why now? Why the Tyrone man? Why not Michael Shields? Aidan O'Mahony? Why? Because neither of those other incidents resulted in a player being red carded."

Who is this Heneghan character anyway? Who give him a licence to spout this drivel backed up by outright lies?

You didn't read it properly at all did you?

You saw the headline and the red (hand) mist descended rapidly, leading to be outraged no matter what you read.

There are two arguments in that article, one for and one against. Conor Heneghan argued against the ban but you quoted from the guy who was arguing for the ban.

You are not on the CCCC by any chance?
MWWSI 2017