GAA Special Bets for the Football Championship

Started by Lone Shark, April 26, 2007, 02:10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

Mid Mon

Do that bet with boyle sports as a double e/w for ulster championship. its almost 45-1

Loup Bandit

Lone Shark, some good plugging there!  :D
I currently have a paddy power account but in fairness you have made a big effort with your gaelic bets and specials, so im tempted to open a ladbrokes account.
Are there any offers for opening an account e.g a free bet when registering or using a telebetting service??

Lone Shark

Quote from: Loup Bandit on May 16, 2007, 12:56:53 PM
Lone Shark, some good plugging there!  :D
I currently have a paddy power account but in fairness you have made a big effort with your gaelic bets and specials, so im tempted to open a ladbrokes account.
Are there any offers for opening an account e.g a free bet when registering or using a telebetting service??

There are a lot of promos that do be going on, but I've no idea what's current - however if you were to open an account and befroe you deposit, email and say that you saw a link on www.farbets.co.uk I'm sure you'd be fine. It might get done automatically, but I've no idea to be honest.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Mid Mon on May 16, 2007, 12:14:38 PM
Do that bet with boyle sports as a double e/w for ulster championship. its almost 45-1

Mid Mon, explain that because I don't think you are right.

I presume you are working it out as the win on Down or Donegal going on to the place return on the other.  It doesn't work like that.  Once one leg is beaten your entire win double part of the bet is a loser so you only have the place double still alive.

Even if they did allow you to place a double on the Ulster championship (which I am not sure they would) one selection can't possibly win therefore you only have the place double running for you.

So £1EW on 10/3 and 28/1 at 1/3 odds would return £21.80, but as it cost you £2 you aren't even getting 10/1.

Mid Mon

think i'll leave the odds to loan shark from now on!!!

Loup Bandit

Thanks Lone Shark!
any specials or bets strike as being good value?

I have done a provincial accumulator, got them up in 2005 and made a very healthy profit.
This year i done Donegal at 4/1, Dublin at 11/8, Mayo at 11/8 and Kerry at 1/3!
fingers crossed!!

As pointed out in The sunday World newspaper, Colm McFadden is good value to be top championship scorer. 33/1 offered by Lone shark

MacDanger

Lone shark, The Mayo bet or DB to start a game at 2/1 is gone?? Too many bets?? Was going to stick a few quid on before the team is named.

MacDanger

Any specials relating to JOM and say Mayo winning Connacht/AI?

SimpleSimon

Where in the north are your shops? Are there any in Belfast?

Lone Shark

David Brady bet is long gone - I'm just hoping it won't take my job with it. I was under the impression that himself and McGarrity were going to come back around the same time. He's about 1/10 to start now, I have to pray I get a few decent results over the weekend to take the sting out of it.

No shops in Belfast, only in Derry yet. Internet betting, it's the only way forward .....

Incidentally it seems my comments about the Rackard cup came back to bite me on the ass - obviously Roscommon aren't the strong favourites I thought they were. Woke up this morning to a lot of Armagh bets, so the liability limit was chopped - apologies to any that only got on small bets as a result....

I wouldn't generally be a fan of accumulators myself. My money will be on Kildare with a one point start this weekend. As for Colm McFadden, the only reason he's such a big price is that he tends not to score seven or eight points a game - he often ends up splitting the frees with other lads. I can see the logic behind it all the same.

Loup Bandit

Lone Shark, what odds you offering on match betting this weekend? I cant get on the ladbrokes link today. >:(

A lot of things has to go your way with a provincial accumulator but i thought it was good value.
Are you set to lose much over the David Brady bet to start a c'ship game?

Were you aware of loads of money coming in for queen's University to beat Derry in the McKenna cup earlier this year, and think it was taken down or cut away in? Sure enough the gamble didnt pay off as derry won the game.

Lone Shark

Louth   Wicklow    2/7     9/1    10/3
Meath   Kildare    5/6     6/1    11/8
Galway   Mayo    6/5      6/1     1/1
Waterford   Clare    5/2     8/1     2/5
Cork   Limerick    2/7     9/1    10/3
Fermanagh   Tyrone    5/1    10/1     1/6
Down   Cavan   11/10   13/2     1/1
Down   Derry    1/3    10/1     5/2

Draw in the middle.

Not going to lose so much that Ladbrokes will be closing it's doors or anything, but obviously my superiors would be a lot less pleased with losing money on a market like that than losing money on (for example) laying Mayo at even money in the match this weekend. However seeing as in the absence of doing anything special people just go with PP out of force of habit, all too often I end up with more money on special markets than I do on match betting.

I was aware of that game earlier in the year - very aware. But this is a public forum, so that's all I'm going to say about that.

applepicker1

Cmon Lone shark. you r tellin a few fibs there. ur limits wr always low as u took a bad beaten last year on this event- i knw this as i tried for a bet and i was offered €35.50 at 4/1 on armagh. and i tried this within minutes of the event being posted on your website as i checked every 10mins for couple of hours. Also tried for a bet in ladbrokes shops and was refused what i asked for. Im sure everyone will agree on here that u are offering some interesting odds and some not so interesting but surely if u see urself as the "gaa oddscomiler" that u say u are...if u put prices up be willing to lay them, and not have us jump through hoops to get the bets on. Why apologise for the small bets laid when its u making the decision to refuse them (or maybe u are not)

Loup Bandit

Just outta interest, here's the prices on paddy power;

20th May 2007
14:10 Louth v Wicklow    1 - 3    9 - 1    11 - 4   

14:15 Fermanagh v Tyrone   
RTE 2
  4 - 1    9 - 1    2 - 9   

15:30 Cork v Limerick    2 - 11    10 - 1    9 - 2   

15:30 Waterford v Clare    13 - 5    8 - 1    4 - 11   

16:00 Galway v Mayo   
RTE 2
  5 - 4    6 - 1    10 - 11