Author Topic: County Manager Merry go round  (Read 92654 times)

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
Re: County Manager Merry go round
« Reply #1065 on: August 05, 2019, 08:59:56 PM »
Hell soon qualify for a pension ;D
1 BIG CUP and 1 Cupeen so far....

oliverkelly

• View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: August 07, 2019, 01:03:08 PM »
Sligo going all out for 2020. A great coup getting Taylor on for another year afetr his 100% record this year.

SLIGONIAN

• View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: August 07, 2019, 08:51:02 PM »
Sligo going all out for 2020. A great coup getting Taylor on for another year afetr his 100% record this year.
Massive statement of Intent by our County Board. ;D
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

inexile

• View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: August 13, 2019, 08:24:45 PM »
County Board to  nominate Jack O'Connor as Kildare Manager at the Sept Convention

http://kildaregaa.ie/statement-kildare-senior-football-manager/
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 08:26:16 PM by inexile »

Dinny Breen

• I will repair to the Curragh of Kildare
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: August 13, 2019, 10:07:48 PM »
Disappointed Glenn didn't get it but never a realistic proposition with the current county board especially with the Chairman seemingly looking for an extension.

Serious management appointment all the same. It will be a challenge more on the mental side as I do believe we have talented footballers. Interesting times.
#newbridgeornowhere

johnpower

• View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: August 13, 2019, 11:45:52 PM »
Disappointed Glenn didn't get it but never a realistic proposition with the current county board especially with the Chairman seemingly looking for an extension.

Serious management appointment all the same. It will be a challenge more on the mental side as I do believe we have talented footballers. Interesting times.

Surprised what is the issue preventing Glenn Ryan’s appointment.? Thought the chairman was from the same club?

joemamas

• View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: August 13, 2019, 11:51:58 PM »
Met a former player last week, who said as long as this chairman was in place Glenn Ryan would not get the job.
Some bullshit if true.
Also cannot stand Jack O Connor.
He ego-ometer must need a refill.

Dinny Breen

• View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: August 14, 2019, 12:05:32 AM »

Surprised what is the issue preventing Glenn Ryan’s appointment.? Thought the chairman was from the same club?

His wife is. Club politics. Not really the forum.
#newbridgeornowhere

Gael85

• View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: August 14, 2019, 12:23:30 AM »

Will Ross Glavin and Anthony Rainbow be selectors? Rainbow supposed to be stepping down from Boden when finish up in championship.

shark

• View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: August 14, 2019, 08:44:13 AM »

Will Ross Glavin and Anthony Rainbow be selectors? Rainbow supposed to be stepping down from Boden when finish up in championship.

Would make sense for Glavin to get involved, from his perspective. He is so young that he doesn't need to jump in to any managerial job for the sake of it, and would learn lots with none of the pressure of being manager.

Dinny Breen

• View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: August 14, 2019, 09:30:05 AM »

Would make sense for Glavin to get involved, from his perspective. He is so young that he doesn't need to jump in to any managerial job for the sake of it, and would learn lots with none of the pressure of being manager.

Ross is in the army and there is talk that he might be going overseas, it's pretty much a requirement for promotions.
#newbridgeornowhere

ck

• View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: August 14, 2019, 11:43:54 AM »
Massive statement of Intent by our County Board. ;D

I feel depressed. Taylor was quoted in the media recently that he was "just getting started". I would be very concerned about where he could take us

ck

• View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: August 14, 2019, 11:47:15 AM »
I'm hearing Tony McEntee is a shoe-in in Monaghan. I'd guess Monaghan people would be happy with that?

Gael85

• View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: August 14, 2019, 12:46:01 PM »

Ross is in the army and there is talk that he might be going overseas, it's pretty much a requirement for promotions.

What the chances of John Sugrue getting involved? He was selector/physical trainer with Kerry around 06

Dinny Breen

• View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: August 14, 2019, 02:54:42 PM »

What the chances of John Sugrue getting involved? He was selector/physical trainer with Kerry around 06

It's rumoured.
#newbridgeornowhere