Author Topic: County Manager Merry go round  (Read 120666 times)

Blowitupref

• There will be at least 2 mins of additional time
    • View Profile
Re: County Manager Merry go round
« Reply #855 on: October 19, 2018, 07:41:03 PM »
https://donegalgaa.ie/2018/10/19/clg-dhun-na-ngall-wish-to-announce-the-following-the-following-changes-to-the-county-senior-football-backroom-team/

Dun na nGall wish to announce that following our successful year of 2018 that the following Coaching and Mentoring personell of Karl Lacey, Anthony Mc Grath, and John Mc Elhome shall leave the Senior Football backroom team. We thank them for their committed dedication to the development of our County squad.

We further announce that Stephen Rochford and Aaron Kyles shall join Declan Bonnerís Coaching staff for 2019, we welcome both, and look forward to their involvement.

Declan Bonner is currently abroad on a work commitment, and we would request all members of the media to respect that.

Mick Mc Grath

County Chairman

CLG Dhun na nGall.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

• There will be at least 2 mins of additional time
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: October 19, 2018, 09:09:27 PM »
Ex-Armagh Footballer Aidan O'Rourke strongly linked tonight to become the next Roscommon senior manager
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 09:42:32 PM by Blowitupref »
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #857 on: October 19, 2018, 09:16:28 PM »
Hmmmmmm....
Has the Hatch spoken?
Was supposed to be a done deal Tuesday or Wednesday and then not happening as he had no Rossies in his proposed back room.
1 BIG CUP and 1 Cupeen so far....

Orchard park

• View Profile
« Reply #858 on: October 19, 2018, 10:50:03 PM »
One of bits chief trumpets has tweeted anyways

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #859 on: October 20, 2018, 11:18:24 AM »
https://donegalgaa.ie/2018/10/19/clg-dhun-na-ngall-wish-to-announce-the-following-the-following-changes-to-the-county-senior-football-backroom-team/

Dun na nGall wish to announce that following our successful year of 2018 that the following Coaching and Mentoring personell of Karl Lacey, Anthony Mc Grath, and John Mc Elhome shall leave the Senior Football backroom team. We thank them for their committed dedication to the development of our County squad.

We further announce that Stephen Rochford and Aaron Kyles shall join Declan Bonnerís Coaching staff for 2019, we welcome both, and look forward to their involvement.

Declan Bonner is currently abroad on a work commitment, and we would request all members of the media to respect that.

Mick Mc Grath

County Chairman

CLG Dhun na nGall.

Interesting. Are we looking for a bit of outside help and expertise as we try to evolve some more away from the blanket approach?

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #860 on: October 20, 2018, 03:07:44 PM »

Mick Mc Grath

County Chairman

CLG Dhun na nGall.

Interesting. Are we looking for a bit of outside help and expertise as we try to evolve some more away from the blanket approach?

Michael Murphy at FB 2019

Maroon Manc

• View Profile
« Reply #861 on: October 22, 2018, 03:46:49 PM »
Will the Rossies be happy with O'Rourke?

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #862 on: October 22, 2018, 03:49:38 PM »

No.

He might have a good backroom team if rumours are to be believed, at least.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 04:03:51 PM by Syferus »

ck

• View Profile
« Reply #863 on: October 22, 2018, 03:53:06 PM »
A strange choice for the Rossies! As a Sligo man I would be pleasantly surprised as I thought they had more buying power. O'Rourke was with Kildare, Down, Armagh, Louth and Queen's winning a grand total of nothing. A modern day GAA journeyman.

Who's in his backroom team?

Orchard park

• View Profile
« Reply #864 on: October 22, 2018, 04:02:12 PM »

No

He might have a good backroom team if rumours are to be beehives at least.

As A Rossie syf doesn't speak for us all.

Backroom tea  will be deciding factor.  It let the last big name front man down....

O'Rourke probably better than anyone else who was interested but it sums up how low the external opinion of Ross football despite being in D1 and super 8s that this is as good as we get,

Nigel Dineen was the outstanding local candidates has question marks also

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #865 on: October 22, 2018, 04:03:20 PM »

No

He might have a good backroom team if rumours are to be beehives at least.

As A Rossie syf doesn't speak for us all.

Backroom tea  will be deciding factor.  It let the last big name front man down....

O'Rourke probably better than anyone else who was interested but it sums up how low the external opinion of Ross football despite being in D1 and super 8s that this is as good as we get,

Nigel Dineen was the outstanding local candidates has question marks also

I speak for everyone

Including you

rodney trotter

• View Profile
« Reply #866 on: October 22, 2018, 04:06:34 PM »
Mike McGurn the S&C coach. A good few Roscommon  players need good conditioning.

Captain Obvious

• View Profile
« Reply #867 on: October 22, 2018, 05:01:40 PM »
A strange choice for the Rossies! As a Sligo man I would be pleasantly surprised as I thought they had more buying power. O'Rourke was with Kildare, Down, Armagh, Louth and Queen's winning a grand total of nothing. A modern day GAA journeyman.

He won the Sigerson cup with Queens and was on the Kildare management that reached the All Ireland semi final and very close to winning it. If the rossies manage that they will be more than happy I'd say.

Mike McGurn the S&C coach. A good few Roscommon  players need good conditioning.

Very good appointment there if the players buy into it.

Cunny Funt

• View Profile
« Reply #868 on: October 22, 2018, 05:10:10 PM »

McGurn won't come cheap. Aidan O'Rourke has had less outright management positions than the last Roscommon Manager McStay so he'll certainly need a good backroom team.

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #869 on: October 22, 2018, 05:46:17 PM »

He won the Sigerson cup with Queens and was on the Kildare management that reached the All Ireland semi final and very close to winning it. If the rossies manage that they will be more than happy I'd say.

Very good appointment there if the players buy into it.

Plenty in the county less than happy with the appointment. Itís no surprise to see you Stanning for an Armagh man, though.

The same tÓts in the county who complained about what McStayís cost was better keep their knives sharpened because OíRourke and his buddies wonít be coming in cheapily. I can think of plenty of better ways to spend that amount of money.

If he gets the job I wish him the best but he has a hard task ahead of him given his track record in Louth and the players that wonít be available next year.