Quote from: magpie seanie on August 05, 2017, 12:32:51 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 03, 2017, 06:43:41 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on August 03, 2017, 06:36:57 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 03, 2017, 12:42:16 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on August 02, 2017, 10:48:14 PM
Carew staying on
bad news for Sligo
terrible news
Pure lack of ambition from the Sligo county board by keeping Carew on.

Absolutely. Saves them the job of looking for a manager so that's why they stuck with him. That's the absolute truth, you couldn't make it up. I'm very disappointed because for the first time in a while we have some good young players and could be a semi decent side with good management. This man is a pure clown who has no track record and is mainly interested in going on the beer.

Carew is a bluffer as far as I can tell. He hasn't brought sligo on one iota and I'm sure he is costing a fair bit of money. Bizarre they are keeping him on.

Syferus

Carew staying on
bad news for Sligo
terrible news

Absolutely. Saves them the job of looking for a manager so that's why they stuck with him. That's the absolute truth, you couldn't make it up. I'm very disappointed because for the first time in a while we have some good young players and could be a semi decent side with good management. This man is a pure clown who has no track record and is mainly interested in going on the beer.

This post should be taken down. As usual Magpie has taken it two steps too far into personal abuse.

The Trap

And if the road for Malachy......monaghan at end of the road......mcgeeney could well go to. Though it is handy money....

ck

Quote from: Itchy on August 05, 2017, 12:51:57 PM
Carew staying on
bad news for Sligo
terrible news

Carew is a bluffer as far as I can tell. He hasn't brought sligo on one iota and I'm sure he is costing a fair bit of money. Bizarre they are keeping him on.

Disgusted at Sligo county board. A lazy, unambitious decision to keep Cardw. Sligo is at a cross roads as we have a big group of young players ready to make step up and we need a man who knows them to bring them through.

the goal was on

Strong word O Rourke has stood down this evening from Monaghan. Be superb fit for a few counties at the moment

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: the goal was on on August 07, 2017, 08:31:21 PM
Strong word O Rourke has stood down this evening from Monaghan. Be superb fit for a few counties at the moment

Perfect for Derry.

They have the players to make the last eight if everyone commits, they've been doing well at underage recently and are starting from a low base in Div 3 of now. They also have very good defenders and plenty of size in the squad so they should fit in well with the style of football he plays.

Do the Derry county board have that kind of ambition though?

twohands!!!

Quote from: the goal was on on August 07, 2017, 08:31:21 PM

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he took a year or two as a break from intercounty management.

ck

O'Rourke will be highly sought after. His job done in Monaghan was top drawer. Donegal or Derry?

The Bearded One

It is what it is. Presumably.

Cunny Funt

Banty gone from Wexford after just one season.

skeog

Banty heading home 4 counties interested,Derry,Fermanagh,Donegal,Antrim.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

yellowcard

Quote from: skeog on August 23, 2017, 09:52:43 PM

If he gets one of those jobs, I believe that would be his 4th county, level with Micko.

macdanger2

Quote from: yellowcard on August 23, 2017, 10:43:59 PM

If he gets one of those jobs, I believe that would be his 4th county, level with Micko.

John Maughan managed four counties, two successfully and two less so....

Syferus

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 23, 2017, 10:56:05 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 23, 2017, 10:43:59 PM

John Maughan managed four counties, two successfully and two less so....

He managed two counties, while managing to wreck two others.