County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twohands!!!

Quote from: Rossfan on October 08, 2015, 05:23:14 PM
So only Down, Mayowestros, Tipp and Cork left to get a Manager?

Down - James McCartan resigned 26th of July 2015 - 74 days
Mayo - Connolly and Holmes resigned 2nd of October 2015 - 8 days
Tipp - Creedon resigned 18th of July 2015 - 82 days
Cork - Cuthbert resigned 29th of July 2015 - 71 days

Down, Cork and Tipp taking a fairly relaxed approach to the whole thing.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: twohands!!! on October 08, 2015, 06:22:20 PM

James is gone longer than that.

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath appoint Emmett McDonnell as U21 manager, will hook up with the seniors as well from what I hear. Good appointment, great experience and record with St. Mary's Edenderry and has two years senior inter county under his belt with Offaly. First dedicated U21 manager since 2007 so we might actually do something this year.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

tippabu

Cork GAA confirms the appointment of Peadar Healy (Naomh Abán) in the role of Cork senior football manager for a two year term 2016-2017.

Healy was previously a selector and coach with the Cork senior football team from 2008 to 2013 reaching All Ireland championship deciders in 2009 and beating Down in 2010 while going on to recorded an NFL Division 1 treble in 2010/2011/2012. 

A former All Ireland winning Cork minor (1981) he was more recently involved with the O'Donovan Rossa and Dr Crokes clubs.

Commenting on the appointment, County Chairman Gerard Lane said, "On behalf of the County Board, I would like to wish Peadar all the best in his new position.

I would also like to thank all the candidates who expressed an interest in the position, and also the members of the appointments committee for their endeavours."

The new manager has been appointed for a two-year term and will name his backroom team in due course.

DuffleKing

I'm assuming this article has glossed over his managerial experience?

Angus

Well, I think there is a 99% chances that Kevin Walsh will definitely remain as the manager of Galway!  ;)

http://connachttribune.ie/kevin-walsh-and-anthony-cunningham-reappointed-for-2016-gaa-season-375/

snoopdog

Quote from: twohands!!! on October 08, 2015, 06:22:20 PM

Jim McCorry not Wee James, he went in 2014. But Down no closer to an appointment. Current favourite looks to be Frank Dawson. But that could change.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 06, 2015, 10:21:16 AM
Or Liam Kearns. Kearns' ship sailed in the noughties with Limerick I think. He wouldn't be a step forward from Creedon, that's for sure.

Liam Kearns it is.
#newbridgeornowhere

Syferus

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 02, 2015, 09:00:34 AM
Or Liam Kearns. Kearns' ship sailed in the noughties with Limerick I think. He wouldn't be a step forward from Creedon, that's for sure.

Liam Kearns it is.

Kearns a quietly good coach. Bit like our late appointment of John Evans a few years ago. People not terribly enthused but he might get on pretty well.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on November 02, 2015, 09:14:11 AM

Liam Kearns it is.

Learns a quietly good coach. But like our late appointment of John Evans a few years ago. People not terribly enthused but he might get on pretty well.

Best of luck to him. I don't think it's the step forward they were hoping for, but I suppose who is available that Tipp could afford? I'm not sure about this at all though. I think McGeechin and Tommy Twomey are staying on board in the backroom team?

heffo

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 02, 2015, 09:23:26 AM

Liam Kearns it is.

Learns a quietly good coach. But like our late appointment of John Evans a few years ago. People not terribly enthused but he might get on pretty well.
but I suppose who is available that Tipp could afford?

I can't imagine Kearns is any cheaper than Jason Ryan

Dinny Breen

Quote from: heffo on November 03, 2015, 02:23:59 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on November 02, 2015, 09:23:26 AM

Liam Kearns it is.

but I suppose who is available that Tipp could afford?

I can't imagine Kearns is any cheaper than Jason Ryan

How much was JR on Heffo? Send a pm if out of bounds for discussion. Just curious.
#newbridgeornowhere

Farrandeelin

Have Down got a manager? Or is it only ourselves putting a 'process' in place?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Disillusioned

Danny Hughes takes quite a pop at previous Down managers in the Irish News today (4-11-15).

He gets a dig at wee James for the way he was pushed out of the squad and certainly it highlights an issue when you are warming up in Clones and told over the loudspeaker that you are not in the match day squad.

However, he reserves his biggest hit for Jim McCorry who he compares to Jose Mourinho in relation to his over confidence leading to losing the players.
The global warming scenario is pretty grim. I'm not sure I like the idea of polar bears under a palm