Tipperary vs. Galway All Ireland semi final 2015

Started by Premier Emperor, August 11, 2015, 10:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Could this be the year the two biggest 'Chokers' of the GAA world finally put to end to the their respective famines?

Farrandeelin

An mbeidh Craobh na hÉireann ar ais i nGaillimh i mbliana? Tá súil agam go mbeidh
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

muppet

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2015, 04:34:35 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 16, 2015, 04:30:34 PM
That's mad.

The commentators and everyone watching at home can see a pull across the back, but because the officials didn't see it, no punishment.
I watched it twice still couldn't make it out... You can't blame the officials ffs

I wasn't blaming the officials! The info was available but it can't be given to the officials, I should have added that.
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Quote from: muppet on August 16, 2015, 09:30:22 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2015, 04:34:35 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 16, 2015, 04:30:34 PM
That's mad.

The commentators and everyone watching at home can see a pull across the back, but because the officials didn't see it, no punishment.
I watched it twice still couldn't make it out... You can't blame the officials ffs

I wasn't blaming the officials! The info was available but it can't be given to the officials, I should have added that.

Was it though??  I never seen anything later but from both times they showed it I didn't see anything conclusive did you?? So what way would the referee get that info? Via RTE?  Referee didn't go to umpires either so I'm guessing the linesman seen what happened and that was that was that..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gerrykeegan

Decided late enough in to the week I might head to this game. Great game for the neutral. Thought Galway struggled a little in the first half with nerves their composure let them down a bit but were fantastic to keep coming back at Tipp after each goal. Noel McGrath coming on got a hell of an applause from all supporters.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

laoislad

Quote from: gerrykeegan on August 16, 2015, 10:42:02 PM
Decided late enough in to the week I might head to this game. Great game for the neutral. Thought Galway struggled a little in the first half with nerves their composure let them down a bit but were fantastic to keep coming back at Tipp after each goal. Noel McGrath coming on got a hell of an applause from all supporters.
I thought his point was going to win it.. would have been some story.
Any Kilkenny people I know are all very happy to be playing Galway now and not Tipp.
Hope Galway hammer them but I think KK will win.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Canalman

Well done Galway.............. by far the better team and should imo anyway have won by 4 or 5. Delighted for Cunningham....... wouldn't have been pleasant for him if they had lost.

Still trying to fathom out the Callinan/Mannion duel. Either Cunningham had no faith in the Galway subs or was happy to leave one man get a roasting while the other backs were getting on top in their own individual battles.

Btw, there is no bandwagon that can match the Galway hurlers when they get to an AIF. Will be close to 50,000 Galway people at the final, for the most of them the first time to see Galway play since ................. eh.................. the last All Ireland final.

Think Galway will win it now.

The RTE commentary annoyed me no end. Bit too forced in telling us how great the game was. Imo anyway

Farrandeelin

Yea, the football crowd tend to follow the hurlers when they get to AIFs.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Quote from: laoislad on August 16, 2015, 11:04:06 PM
Quote from: gerrykeegan on August 16, 2015, 10:42:02 PM
I thought his point was going to win it.. would have been some story.
Any Kilkenny people I know are all very happy to be playing Galway now and not Tipp.
Hope Galway hammer them but I think KK will win.

Galway are the Mayo footballers of Hurling. They always have a big game or two in them in any given season. They are the dream team to meet in an AI final, simply because they have a lorry load of doubt they have to rid themselves of before a ball is thrown in. But hey you can only keep trying and one of these days..............  ;D

finbar o tool

a thrilling game! Great for the neutral, but any tipp or galway people must have been gathered around the defibrillators!!
I said before hand i wanted tipp to win as it would make a better AI final. I might have been wrong on that. But we'll have to wait and see. I just dont 'trust' galway! All through the match i thought tipp were gona get there and that galway would fade away, but they didnt and absolutely battled til the final whistle!
Can they do it all again against kk? Im not sure. I think if it had been a draw, tipps forwards would not be that bad again and tipp would have won the replay. They just disappeared after 25 minutes, apart from callanan of course. Possibly being hard on galway but im not convinced by them yet. Tipp had a great chance of a goal before the penalty, cant remember who it was, could have been bubbles, he hit his shot straight at the keeper and it was blocked. If that had gone in like it should have, i think it would have tipped the scales in favour of tipp.
They will need to keep joe on the edge of the square and get him on the ball against kk. A few ifs and buts here i know but its up to galway now to prove any doubters wrong. And i hope they do. They've lost the last 5 AI finals they've been in, hopefully it wont be 6 come September.
They deserved their win today anyway, hope the AI final is as exciting as today! 
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

johnneycool

We took two buses of youngsters down to that game yesterday, was I regretting that during the second minor game, as they were in and out of the shop, bog, you name it, but when the senior game started, right from the start they were transfixed and none moved for either 35 minutes of the halves.
Fantastic game throughout yesterday with the big crowd involved from the get go creating a real atmosphere to behold.

On the Mannion/Callanan tussles, Mannion was hung out to dry by his fellow defenders as the spaces in the first half in particular were enormous and it didn't take good balls in to find Callanan. You could see Tannion gesturing to the sidelines about whether to stay deep of go out the field with his man when Brendan Maher was trying to drag him out, more often than not, he went out the field and Callanan reaped the rewards. On his two second half goals, I can never understand lads who're up against a lad who's game is catching not doing their utmost to prevent the catch, a big flail at a good catcher like Callanan is a waste of time, push the hand away or whatever and allow a fellow defender or keeper to clear the thing, job done. JJ Delaney was a master of it, and he was a great catcher himself.
In saying that Callanan is as good a hurler going at the minute, if he's windy, I'd like some of the other Tipp forwards to be as windy as him as he made himself available for every ball going time and time again, shipped all the punishment coming his way and went again.

TBH, Galway were playing the better hurling, but the Tipp goals were like punches to the guts, but every time Tipp got the goal which you'd thought would have killed off Galway, the Galway lads went up the field and tacked on two points to kill the impact of the goals. They'd a few goal chances themselves in the first half in particular with Joe going on a fantastic run down the Cusack side only to over cook his pass to Donnellan, but IMHO young Whelan had bust his balls to get to the edge of the 21 and was the better option. Another sloppy pass later killed another opportunity.
In saying that, Barry is a very underrated fullback, always just doing enough with a flick or positioning himself well to be in the right position and whilst he did give an errant pass later on I thought he did well for Tipp.
The penalty Joe took was poor, hit neither high or low or with any great power and big Gleeson had positioned himself off centre to ensure his weaker side (the side Joe went for) was narrower.

A big shout out to Andy Smyth and David Burke as they got in a power of work, Smith was a busted flush before the end, but he put in some graft and got in some timely tackles just before half time as it looked like Tipp were getting a bit of traction. Burke was on some amount of ball over the 70 minutes and made good use of it.

Roll on the final, Kilkenny will be favourites, but if Galway keep the distance they'll test the Kilkenny backs a lot more than any forward unit has to date and may just get some joy.

Shamrock Shore

Jesus - still getting tingles when I think of that game yesterday.

Fantastic stuff - hope Galway haven't left their best game behind now as Kilkenny will be a different proposition.

Roll on the AIF.

doodaa

Mixed feelings for the final id love Galway to win it but ive money riding on a KK victory.
Some match yesterday, disappointed I didn't think to head down to it.

deiseach

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 16, 2015, 06:15:09 PM
Those last 10 minutes have knocked a few months of my life. Holy jaysus. Sure you wouldn't have it any other way.

One thing I took from our League win this year was that I would have it another way. Winning it pulling up was just great. Anyway, well done to Galway, absolutely delighted for ye. Here's hoping ye bag the ultimate prize.