Tipperary vs. Galway All Ireland semi final 2015

Started by Premier Emperor, August 11, 2015, 10:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikehunt

Quote from: paddyoslabs on August 14, 2015, 01:57:11 PM
Quote from: mikehunt on August 14, 2015, 11:48:47 AM
Being a Galway man it's good to see them trying until the final whistle. While they were being out played against Kilkenny they hung in and didn't drop the heads like a lot of previous Galway teams. Unfortunately I don't think the skill levels of a few of them are what they should be and the forwards don't seem to work as a unit. Tipp have the better hurlers and should win but hopefully we wire in to them early and often. Tipp would be windy enough and will always give u a chance. Good to see Noel McGrath back on the panel. A class hurler.

some good points there mike,but how can you say tipp are windy,Tipp are the only team too go toe to toe with kilkenny since 2009,Granted ye drew with them in 12.My point is a windy team would never last against the cats,speaking to kilkenny people over the years,they will say tipp are the only team they really fear in an all-Ireland,Galway are a fine team,but one good win v a very poor cork wont guarantee glory.Your right its great to see Noel Mcgrath back.up the premier

With the quality Tipp have ye should be winning more. On paper your hurlers are as good or if not better than Kilkenny especially in the forward line. The one ye did win was against a Kilkenny side that suffered major injury blows coming up to and in the final. Galway would prob have won the All-Ireland in 2012 if Shefflin came off injured after 10 minutes. Galway give Kilkenny a game from time to time. Same as ye, we drew and lost the replay last year. A win, draw and loss against them in 2012.

My one bit of hope for Sunday comes from how ye let a woeful Limerick team back in after half time this year and the fact that Waterford were always there or thereabouts despite having no forwards. I don't read anything in to the win over Cork in fact i thought Galway made very hard work of it. While we have Joe we have hope. Our other forwards especially the 2 new lads tend to go missing for large spells of games.  If we lose we'll default to blaming Denton.

paddyoslabs

jesus mike,john Denton,remember it well,my late bro in law,a galway man got some mileage out of Denton.In fairness mike 2010 tipp would of won regardless of king Henry going off,it was just tipps day,Agree tipp can go asleep during games,but iam banking on the players respect for O Shea.they really love the guy and so want to win an all-ireland for him,

manfromdelmonte

finbar o tool

Tipp by 3 is my prediction. Bubbles MOM. That galway half back line is hard to get through but i think tipp will have a plan and their forwards will come out a bit better than galway forwards.
Anyone hear the preview of the match by "morgan freeman" on gift grub this morning? Was very good!
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

joemamas

marty Morrisey trying his utmost to ruin a great game. what an Ahole

Milltown Row2

More in this game in first 15 minutes than there has been for most of last weeks game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Owenmoresider

Quote from: joemamas on August 16, 2015, 04:14:08 PM
marty Morrisey trying his utmost to ruin a great game. what an Ahole
Yeah, sickens me every time he is on the mike, cannot abide listening to him.

muppet

That's mad.

The commentators and everyone watching at home can see a pull across the back, but because the officials didn't see it, no punishment.
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Quote from: muppet on August 16, 2015, 04:30:34 PM
That's mad.

The commentators and everyone watching at home can see a pull across the back, but because the officials didn't see it, no punishment.
I watched it twice still couldn't make it out... You can't blame the officials ffs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

gallsman

Cracking match so far because of excitement and intensity but plenty of sloppiness from both sets of forwards. Some very poor wides and balls dropped short - Joe would want to sort out his radar. Galway have worked very, very hard to only be a point up.

Quote from: muppet on August 16, 2015, 04:30:34 PM
That's mad.

From the footage I saw, I don't think you can clearly see a pull. Perhaps a flick with a loose hurl. Donnellan has previous though.

trileacman

First real game of hurling played this year.  Don't mind Marty too much, beats having my Sunday ruined by the notorious comic duo of Huge Ones and Very much so.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Captain Obvious

Great match. Fair play Galway I hope they go on and win the All Ireland now.

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera