AISF Mayo v Dublin

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

muppet

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 11, 2015, 03:03:26 PM
Are u speaking about the future. Since the won the All-Ireland in 2013 you've played one division one team, they destroyed ye, that's pretty much all there is to go on for a two year period.

Yea and since the 2012 All-Ireland Final we have lost only once in 6 games Croke Park.

Stats can paint funny pictures.
MWWSI 2017

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Syferus on August 11, 2015, 03:05:25 PM
Are u speaking about the future. Since the won the All-Ireland in 2013 you've played one division one team, they destroyed ye, that's pretty much all there is to go on for a two year period.

Monaghan were D1 in 2014..
Monaghan and Donegal were in division two last year.

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 11, 2015, 04:05:25 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 11, 2015, 03:05:25 PM

Monaghan were D1 in 2014..
Monaghan and Donegal were in division two last year.

Neither of us is wrong. Like I said before, division ranking teams is a very subjective thing.

The Hill is Blue

If you're judging Dublin by their performance against Division 1 teams then remember that we've won the last three National League Div. 1 titles - although we're still rightly the underdogs against mighty Mayo.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

INDIANA

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 11, 2015, 06:21:32 PM

If you're judging Dublin by their performance against Division 1 teams then remember that we've won the last three National League Div. 1 titles - although we're still rightly the underdogs against mighty Mayo.

And that's the nub of the issue- underdogs- we just keep saying it. We just let the Lee Keegan's of this world talk themselves up

muppet

We only played 1 Division 1 team as have Kerry.

On this logic Tyrone must be hot favourites having played 2.

Though playing 2 didn't do Donegal much good.
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

Dublin haven't lost to Mayo since Jim Gavin took over  :-\
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

muppet

Quote from: INDIANA on August 11, 2015, 06:45:17 PM

And that's the nub of the issue- underdogs- we just keep saying it. We just let the Lee Keegan's of this world talk themselves up

He was talking you up.  ::)

Looking ahead to the semi-final, Keegan sees it as "a huge, huge game."
"Dublin are the team to beat but we will focus on the job in hand. We're on the road long enough not to let any of the hype get to us."

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2015/0808/720073-mayos-keegan-happy-with-defensive-solidity/
MWWSI 2017

Ivan Itch

Would like to see Cillian O'Connor get closer to Aidan O'Shea in the full forward line.

May see Chris Barrett in the next day allowing Higgins to play sweeper / break at speed. Then again Barry Moran could stay and we play the 3 lads around the middle. Our kick outs should exploit this.

StephenC

Whilst I know that only an AI will cut it, Mayo people have to be pretty happy with the joint management team so far? Navigated the league well and maintained D1 status, and seem to have tailored training well to peak at this time of year. No rumblings of discontent coming from the camp (that I've heard at least) and some good tactical abilities demonstrated (against us in particular).

They had a tough act to follow but seem to be doing a fine job so far?

Syferus

Quote from: StephenC on August 11, 2015, 07:31:52 PM
Whilst I know that only an AI will cut it, Mayo people have to be pretty happy with the joint management team so far? Navigated the league well and maintained D1 status, and seem to have tailored training well to peak at this time of year. No rumblings of discontent coming from the camp (that I've heard at least) and some good tactical abilities demonstrated (against us in particular).

There's been rumblings of discontent all year. Winning washes away all sins.

macdanger2

I was fairly sceptical with the manner in which they were appointed but all credit to them, they've done extremely well

Ballaghman

Spot on. They've been under huge pressure from the word go because of the way they were appointed. They've impressed me so far, especially the last day. They seem to have handled the league intelligently and the 3 championship games so far have been good. There have been rumours of slight unrest during the league but not from any credible sources so I wouldn't heed them. Even if true, every squad has issues and teething problems. So far so good. Unfortunately as you said at the start, there's only one result that matters so the pressure isn't going to let up anytime soon. They knew this in fairness so I'm sure they can handle it.

magpie seanie

I think this game will be a cracker. Two high octane teams who attack with serious pace and intent. Both a slightly less than secure defensively but always back themselves to get more scores than their opponents. We have a good idea where Mayo are at, it's slightly harder to work out with Dublin. I just think Mayo being slightly tighter at the back might clinch it but I'm sure it's going to be close and probably a high scoring classic.

giveballaghback

We will have a proper game of football here lads, I will have to side with our old friends and greatest enemies on this one, come on Mayo.