AISF Mayo v Dublin

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

The Hill is Blue

If retrospective punishments are to be handed out then the first transgression that must be addressed is the most serious assault that occurred in the game: the dangerous assault on Rory O'Carroll.

O'Carroll was the only player who was seriously injured during the game and it was not accidental.

There cannot be any retrospective punishments without this incident being included.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

imtommygunn

Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 07:02:22 PM
I Understand that gents but just look at the Fermanagh game, not one yellow or black card issued, not sure about previous games but that backs up my point, first 5 mins Mayo throwing their weight around, got it back twice as hard, Dubs bad guys, Mayo angels. I understand we would all love to see Mayo win it but not at the expense of their cynical tactics they use.

It doesn't back your point up. You didn't need to be cynical in those games. The best teams these days are cynical. That's just the way it is and that includes, when hardy comes to hardy, the dubs.

whitey

Quote from: INDIANA on August 31, 2015, 07:09:17 PM
New footage of the Connolly incident putting a different light on things. He'll get off i'd say

Really...it looks worse for him if you ask me. He struck/attempted to strike Keegan at least twice before hey went to ground, and the punch is as clear as day!

Add in the verbal threats to Keegan (captured on camera) after he received red and I'd say his goose is firmly cooked

Mac2

I Understand that gents but just look at the Fermanagh game, not one yellow or black card issued, not sure about previous games but that backs up my point, first 5 mins Mayo throwing their weight around, got it back twice as hard, Dubs bad guys, Mayo angels. I understand we would all love to see Mayo win it but not at the expense of their cynical tactics they use.
If ever there was projection at work this is it, even Brolly who had his head up Gavin's hole with his credit to the GAA comments had to admit ye were cynical. Then you talk about media agenda, Brogan got his run the papers earlier in the year about how Dublin never feign injury, never sledge just get on with it, are you seriously trying to posit that Mayo brought the devil out of them with a few shoulders?

Drummerboy

I cant believe people are ignoring what O'Connor did in the first few minutes. He knew what he was doing when he swung his elbow, causing O'Carroll to receive ten stitches. He has previous form with his elbows, he split McMahon with his elbow back in 13 final. Dirtiest forward in GAA.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 31, 2015, 07:10:53 PM
If retrospective punishments are to be handed out then the first transgression that must be addressed is the most serious assault that occurred in the game: the dangerous assault on Rory O'Carroll.

O'Carroll was the only player who was seriously injured during the game and it was not accidental.

There cannot be any retrospective punishments without this incident being included.

Donal Vaughan got injured also. Does all players picking up an injury now have to be investigated? if there was no injury would there be an issue?

whitey

Quote from: Drummerboy on August 31, 2015, 07:19:11 PM
I cant believe people are ignoring what O'Connor did in the first few minutes. He knew what he was doing when he swung his elbow, causing O'Carroll to receive ten stitches. He has previous form with his elbows, he split McMahon with his elbow back in 13 final. Dirtiest forward in GAA

Do you really want to go back and play that game

Mc Mahon-Headbut on O Se and 2 punches to Boyles face after concession of penalty

Cooper-clearly a red card. One of the most dangerous tackles you'll ever see

Cluxto-Kick on O Se in 1st half

The Aristocrat

Nihilist

Mayo didn't throw their weight around. Tom Parsons shouldered Ciaran Kilkenny in the first 5 mins and received a yellow card for it. Resulted in a free which should not have been given never mind the card. Ye seem in Dublin to expect teams to just lie down and die after ye spend 15 minutes toying with them. 

Why should Mayo do that? Except of course because maybe ye're playing at home?

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on August 31, 2015, 07:20:18 PM

Donal Vaughan got injured also. Does all players picking up an injury now have to be investigated? if there was no injury would there be an issue?

Are you serious? Vaughan injured himself while attempting a reckless tackle. O'Carroll was the victim of a very dirty assault which must be punished.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 05:52:25 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on August 31, 2015, 04:45:31 PM
Have a look at this - Connolly was the man who started with Keegan.
And O'Connor certainly does not strike Connolly.

https://t.co/IYZoJ7S73b

Yeah looks like Keegan grappled him to the ground, Connolly came out better, o Connor influenced the linesman who influenced the ref. That's just one incident, Keegan at him all game, reminded me of lar Corbett / Tommy Walsh affair.

Keegan gone down in my book after yesterday, thought he was better than that. Players like o Shea, Connolly, Gooch don't get enough protection.

You're certainly right about the Gooch not getting enough protection Aristo.

The Aristocrat

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on August 31, 2015, 07:34:46 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 05:52:25 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on August 31, 2015, 04:45:31 PM
Have a look at this - Connolly was the man who started with Keegan.
And O'Connor certainly does not strike Connolly.

https://t.co/IYZoJ7S73b

Yeah looks like Keegan grappled him to the ground, Connolly came out better, o Connor influenced the linesman who influenced the ref. That's just one incident, Keegan at him all game, reminded me of lar Corbett / Tommy Walsh affair.

Keegan gone down in my book after yesterday, thought he was better than that. Players like o Shea, Connolly, Gooch don't get enough protection.

You're certainly right about the Gooch not getting enough protection Aristo.

Yeah I wasnt lieing, I'm not Aidan O Shea, thanks for backing up my point.

Tubberman

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 31, 2015, 07:33:14 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on August 31, 2015, 07:20:18 PM

Are you serious? Vaughan injured himself while attempting a reckless tackle. O'Carroll was the victim of a very dirty assault which must be punished.

There's no way it was intentional. It's obvious why you would want a player who scored 1-10 to be suspended, but it won't happen. He was shouting at the umpire to get his attention and while waving his arms caught O'Carroll. Why the hell would he shouting to the umpire to get his attention if he wanted to elbow O'Carroll?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

The Aristocrat

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 31, 2015, 07:48:28 PM
Interesting comments by Pat McEnaney.

http://www.balls.ie/gaa/interview-pat-mcenaney-disputes-that-philly-mcmahon-head-butted-aidan-oshea/306990

Everyone will be apologising now to philly, starting with the lads on this site then Aiden o Shea will come out to the media tomorrow and apologise if imagine.