Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

screenexile

Quote from: INDIANA on August 30, 2015, 10:58:35 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 30, 2015, 10:55:29 PM
I think youre a mile off base here. It may be pursued but i will be shocked if coc is banned.

Prepare to be shocked. Because if they pursue Mc Mahon based on video evidence. COC goose is cooked.

That's what i'm hearing and in fairness I'm the one who said the Sunday Game would show the COC incident.

You never know Diarmuid may get off and then COC will get away with it  ;)

You'd be amazed how these things can all work out.

Would it be more difficult to get a player off a ban than get one banned whose incident wasn't dealt with during the game??

yellowcard

Quote from: screenexile on August 30, 2015, 10:58:44 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 30, 2015, 10:56:26 PM
O Connor incident is definitely not a red card offence. It's unfortunate for O'Carroll that he suffered a nasty cut and missed most of the match but that shouldn't deter from the fact that O' Connor was simply trying to shake him off after being pulled and mauled.

You can't throw a fist back at that height and not expect to do damage!! He has to be in trouble for that!!

Even if it was a fist (I'd say more of a flailing hand) I doubt if O Connor intended to hurt his opponent but he simply intended to break free from being illegally held off the ball. Never in a million years is that a red card offence. Your allowing the 11 stitches to cloud your judgement here.

INDIANA

Quote from: screenexile on August 30, 2015, 11:00:35 PM
I think youre a mile off base here. It may be pursued but i will be shocked if coc is banned.

Prepare to be shocked. Because if they pursue Mc Mahon based on video evidence. COC goose is cooked.

That's what i'm hearing and in fairness I'm the one who said the Sunday Game would show the COC incident.

Would it be more difficult to get a player off a ban than get one banned whose incident wasn't dealt with during the game??

The Kevin Keane incident has the potential to change the face of all striking incidents coming before the Hearings Committee.

It was a remarkably dumb case to over-turn

laoislad

Quote from: Westside on August 30, 2015, 11:00:18 PM
O'Connor was raising his hands and roaring at the umpires to watch what was happening. He'd hardly risk an intentional elbow while doing that. Connolly held someone down on the ground and punched them intentionally in the face. The two incidents are worlds apart. O'Connor would be hard done by to miss the replay and final over that.
Yeah but, Indiana is going to use all his power to get him banned...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bensars

Quote from: INDIANA on August 30, 2015, 10:59:27 PM
Quote from: Bensars on August 30, 2015, 10:58:25 PM
No chance will o Connor be done for that.

It would make life a lot easier for Dublin, granted.
Not a hope. A player trying to escape being held by a defender at least 50 yds from the play.No direct movement of player towards ROC

No chance. He'll be playing.

Better off not getting involved when you've no idea what's going on behind the scenes.

But intelligence was never your strong point.

Lol.... Like your statement on the gouging by AOS. 

Wildweasel74

Thought you dubs were man of tougher stuff, i remember C McBride and Brian Dooher playing on after getting bad cuts back in the 90`s maybe they were abit stearner stuff back then lol

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on August 30, 2015, 10:42:30 PM
11/12 stitches  should we go with 1 game ban per stitch??

While we are at it, since intent has nothing to do with it how long should the Dublin lad get for the injury to Vaughan?

You fool,  hard man Vaughan made the shoulder tackle and came off the worse of it

yellowcard

Cooper planting his studs into an opponents leg was the nastiest incident of the entire match. If anyone deserves a retrospective ban then it's him.

straightred

Much more difficult. Cooper is off the hook. McMahon and COC will both be (deservedly) banned IMO. The angelic defence of COC is bemusing. Clear intent IMO.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Westside on August 30, 2015, 11:00:18 PM
O'Connor was raising his hands and roaring at the umpires to watch what was happening. He'd hardly risk an intentional elbow while doing that. Connolly held someone down on the ground and punched them intentionally in the face. The two incidents are worlds apart. O'Connor would be hard done by to miss the replay and final over that.

OConnor struck Connolly on the ground too, footage proves this

BennyCake

Quote from: yellowcard on August 30, 2015, 11:03:41 PM
Cooper planting his studs into an opponents leg was the nastiest incident of the entire match. If anyone deserves a retrospective ban then it's him.

Totally agree.

INDIANA

Quote from: yellowcard on August 30, 2015, 11:03:41 PM

Suits me. Strengthens the team. Can you contact the Hearings Committee?

Chimley

Quote from: straightred on August 30, 2015, 11:04:34 PM

Much more difficult. Cooper is off the hook. McMahon and COC will both be (deservedly) banned IMO. The angelic defence of COC is bemusing. Clear intent IMO.

Let's see how far all this can go. I'll start. Cluxton clearly kicked out at AOS too. Clearly a red card offence and should be dealt with accordingly. Season over for Clucko I'm afraid.

Gabriel_Hurl

I must watch this game on Tuesday night when they show it on Canadian TV.

Sounds like its not one for the faint hearted.

Jinxy

Nothing will happen about the O'Connor incident.
Looked accidental to me.
I'd believe the number of stitches needed to close it though.
It looked like a boxers cut where the skin split against the top of the socket.
If you were any use you'd be playing.